Game #33: Toronto Raptors 105 - Golden State Warriors 126

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Anyone else notice teams are running 2pat off the 3pt line?

When's the last time he made a 3?
    Heck when's the last time he attempted a 3?
    Yeah, it's frustrating. A lot of the time now he's been forced to pumpfake, then drive into the paint... unfortunately he doesn't finish well inside. I think it would benefit him to start pulling up from 15-18 ft more often in situations like that.
    OG is our king

Comment

• Still don't believe the strategy was the problem. It was the execution. You just can't turn over the ball 17 times on the road and except to win. They had 25 points of those 17 turnovers.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        I haven't watched much of GSW this year but is this style of play really sustainable? On either end? They look great but it seems like an approach that will break down over time.
        It will be interesting to see how they fair in a 7 game series vs Memohis or OKC.

Comment

Time for DC to adjust.

Comment

Good observation. Patman only has one attempt from 3 over the last two games. Maybe the scouting is catching up.

Comment

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
              You don't get points for passing.
              Don't know how serious you are with this one...

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Casey is getting way to much heat for going small. It worked in the first half. In the third quarter when GS had there huge run PPat and Amir were playing so they had 3 guards, which isn't unusual.
              Casey isn't getting enough flak. He lost us the game.

He straight up panicked to start the 3rd quarter. Casey was responsible for putting out a lineup that got outscored 55-42 in the last 22 minutes of the game. We can break that up a little further however, of those 22 minutes, we had a 6 minute stretch to end the 3rd quarter where we outscored them 18-10, mostly because of Lowry and Amir. A little bit of math and we are looking at a lineup that got outscored 45-24, over 16 minutes.

Yet Casey subbed out JV after a 2:15 second stretch where we got outscored 11-2. The following 4.5 minutes after that, we got outscored 14-3. Oh and at 8:05, the GS announcers said this, "I was gonna tell Casey...wanna play small with the Warriors???! OK!"

A 2 minute stretch of play in an NBA where one team outscores the other 11-2 happens all the time. There is no justification to sub a starting center out after that much time (especially when GS's scoring had nothing to do with JV).

Casey panicked in a pressure game. This is why he is a stepping stone coach, he will continue to lose us games. I honestly believe that Casey is a mediocre coach with winning players, and that the Raptors success has little to do with his coaching.

Casey stuck with Lou, who routinely got stuck on switches against bigger players, which lead to easy buckets for GS. The Raps should have been using JV's size to get people in foul trouble, slow down the game, protect the rim and rebound. Without JV on the floor for the second half, we got out rebounded 21-15, and gave up 8 offensive boards.

I have been on the Casey is not a good coach for the past year and a half now. Seeing the same, repeated mistakes is infuriating.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Don't know how serious you are with this one...

Casey isn't getting enough flak. He lost us the game.

He straight up panicked to start the 3rd quarter. Casey was responsible for putting out a lineup that got outscored 55-42 in the last 22 minutes of the game. We can break that up a little further however, of those 22 minutes, we had a 6 minute stretch to end the 3rd quarter where we outscored them 18-10, mostly because of Lowry and Amir. A little bit of math and we are looking at a lineup that got outscored 45-24, over 16 minutes.

Yet Casey subbed out JV after a 2:15 second stretch where we got outscored 11-2. The following 4.5 minutes after that, we got outscored 14-3. Oh and at 8:05, the GS announcers said this, "I was gonna tell Casey...wanna play small with the Warriors???! OK!"

A 2 minute stretch of play in an NBA where one team outscores the other 11-2 happens all the time. There is no justification to sub a starting center out after that much time (especially when GS's scoring had nothing to do with JV).

Casey panicked in a pressure game. This is why he is a stepping stone coach, he will continue to lose us games. I honestly believe that Casey is a mediocre coach with winning players, and that the Raptors success has little to do with his coaching.

Casey stuck with Lou, who routinely got stuck on switches against bigger players, which lead to easy buckets for GS. The Raps should have been using JV's size to get people in foul trouble, slow down the game, protect the rim and rebound. Without JV on the floor for the second half, we got out rebounded 21-15, and gave up 8 offensive boards.

I have been on the Casey is not a good coach for the past year and a half now. Seeing the same, repeated mistakes is infuriating.
                You're just a Casey hater

It's honestly ridiculous that Casey thought he can beat GSW by going small smh

That's they're game and we played right into it.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

You're just a Casey hater

It's honestly ridiculous that Casey thought he can beat GSW by going small smh

That's they're game and we played right into it.
                  Beating GSW wasn't the goal. It was too look competitive. There were long stretches where Toronto had no scoring or defense. He had no game plan and couldn't come up with anything for 48 minutes.

Comment

• From the main page:

This was one of Golden State’s most efficient offensive performances in a decade. According to ESPN Stats and Information: “The last time the Warriors had a game with at least 125 points, 35 assists and 10 or fewer turnovers was March 1, 1993 vs Sixers.”

We got unlucky in the fact that they were hitting everything (especially Speights)
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      From the main page:

This was one of Golden State’s most efficient offensive performances in a decade. According to ESPN Stats and Information: “The last time the Warriors had a game with at least 125 points, 35 assists and 10 or fewer turnovers was March 1, 1993 vs Sixers.”

We got unlucky in the fact that they were hitting everything (especially Speights)
                      We got completely destroyed. One of the Warriors main goals was to move the ball more and more. They found out that statistically this let them beat more playoff-bound teams compared to not moving it.

In other words, come post-season we're fucked!

Comment

• Sometimes I think you guys enjoy hating the team more when they lose than celebrating when they win.

Comment

• I don't really like Casey, but I like him a lot more now than I did at the start of the year. He got them to completely change how they defended the PnR which I thought was smart. Normally they try to defend the paint and leave shooters open, which is why teams like GS, the Hawks and Pheonix play well against the Raps, so the changed makes sense. Also taking out JV wasn't really going small, as Amir is capable of playing center, so during that huge run in the third they were really umdersized at only one position. Casey did not lose the game for the Raps. JV wouldn't have dropped their field goal percentage. He may have slowed the game down, but GS was picking the Raps apart in the half court. I do think he should have played for experience but I really don't think it would've won the game. Even when he was playing, GS was forcing him to pass.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            From the main page:

And the Bulls score 49 points in a quarter.

Record setting/notable offensive performances are starting to pile up.

This is not a good sign.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I'm not sure who is paying attention but lets rewind....

Lowry is average at best on defence.
                              JV is ok, but not close to what you need from a center who makes a difference.... he aint a threat in the paint.
                              Amir is really, just not doing much of anything this year, I think his ankles are shot, and I think he needs to be traded now.
                              Ross is shady, he CAN play defence, but tends to only do it when the feeling hits him.

So in total, I think the Coach you all hate so much gets just about everything you can from this crew.... but truth be told, when you play an offensive juggernaut like GS, you can get embarrassed if your guys aren't above average defenders

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                I'm not sure who is paying attention but lets rewind....

Lowry is average at best on defence.
                                JV is ok, but not close to what you need from a center who makes a difference.... he aint a threat in the paint.
                                Amir is really, just not doing much of anything this year, I think his ankles are shot, and I think he needs to be traded now.
                                Ross is shady, he CAN play defence, but tends to only do it when the feeling hits him.

So in total, I think the Coach you all hate so much gets just about everything you can from this crew.... but truth be told, when you play an offensive juggernaut like GS, you can get embarrassed if your guys aren't above average defenders
                                A terrible coach makes any mismatch a juggernaut.

Comment

Working...
                                X