• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut it down
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Shut it down
      Yeah, the 4-3 road trip convinced Masai to believe in this core and Nurse. My take is that Masai has publicly over-sold "winning" as the Raptors brand and his own brand, so he almost has no choice but to continue to make win-now moves. No tanking... ever... unless the situation is totally dire, like Tampa was.

Who's available in the 20-30 range? lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, the 4-3 road trip convinced Masai to believe in this core and Nurse. My take is that Masai has publicly over-sold "winning" as the Raptors brand and his own brand, so he almost has no choice but to continue to make win-now moves. No tanking... ever... unless the situation is totally dire, like Tampa was.

Even if we climb into the 8th spot we will be picking in the late teens, still lots of talent in that range. Maybe not huge difference makers, but potential solid rotation players. We need some positional depth.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

MLSE said no to tank. Masai could sell them Tampa team since it was well in Tampa. But Raptors back into Toronto with that ticket price revenue? No chance.

Comment

• We wouldn’t trade for Jak if we didn’t plan on keeping him next year, so that’s even more money committed to next year.

There has to be another move today with either FVV, Trent or OG for someone on a rookie contract or picks/expiring etc.
            Could also see Boucher going.

Comment

• If we end up in the mid teens which is what it’s looking like, I’d say my two big names would be Jett Howard and Maxwell Lewis. Maybe Gradey Dick or Kris Murray

Comment

MLSE said no to tank. Masai could sell them Tampa team since it was well in Tampa. But Raptors back into Toronto with that ticket price revenue? No chance.
                Yup. After the chip, Masai held a press conference where he rolled out a big, bold, grand vision for the Raptors brand.

“How are we gonna do it? Winning.”

He sold that vision to the MLSE board to secure resources. They got even more overconfident when Kawhi bounced and we kept on winning. They also bet huge on Nurse, who coaches every game like it’s game 7, i.e., win now.

We are back to the Colangelo days, unless we can pry loose a superstar by trade.

Comment

Yup. After the chip, Masai held a press conference where he rolled out a big, bold, grand vision for the Raptors brand.

He sold that vision to the MLSE board to secure resources. They got even more overconfident when Kawhi bounced and we kept on winning. They also bet huge on Nurse, who coaches every game like it’s game 7, i.e., win now.

We are back to the Colangelo days, unless we can pry loose a superstar by trade.
                  B.S.

Masai isn't so myopic. He knows full well that tanking can be the road to winning. If that's what he really felt was the path to winning, he would've done it. That fully counts on the road to winning. And frankly, was what everyone was clamouring for. (See Suggs to know what Masai does when the masses clamour.)

Yes, the roster has been underperforming to the point of absolute bamboozlement, no doubt.

He's chosen to try to work towards balancing it. He thinks that while they're not winning now, there's enough talent here to work with, and to adjust and to get back to winning... with some further moves, either today or over the summer, and thereafter.

Stop with the Colangelo nonsense, lol

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

B.S.

Masai isn't so myopic. He knows full well that tanking can be the road to winning. If that's what he really felt was the path to winning, he would've done it. That fully counts on the road to winning. And frankly, was what everyone was clamouring for. (See Suggs to know what Masai does when the masses clamour.)

Yes, the roster has been underperforming to the point of absolute bamboozlement, no doubt.

He's chosen to try to work towards balancing it. He thinks that while they're not winning now, there's enough talent here to work with, and to adjust and to get back to winning... with some further moves, either today or over the summer, and thereafter.

Stop with the Colangelo nonsense, lol
                    “Play in for what? We’re trying to win championships here.”

We can balance it like the Flying Wallendas but this roster ain’t sniffing chips anytime soon. We all agree on that. And we’ve eliminated the draft, so it’s gotta be a trade for the superstar who takes us there.

Comment

I'm not sure you remember the Colangelo days.... Raps are going to be below .500 and miss the playoffs for 5 straight years?

Comment

“Play in for what? We’re trying to win championships here.”

We can balance it like the Flying Wallendas but this roster ain’t sniffing chips anytime soon. We all agree on that. And we’ve eliminated the draft, so it’s gotta be a trade for the superstar who takes us there.
                        How did we eliminate the draft? We still have our pick this year.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

How did we eliminate the draft? We still have our pick this year.
                          I think he means as far as getting a superstar -- which yeah, we won't be in that range.

(But probably wouldn't have been regardless...)

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I think he means as far as getting a superstar -- which yeah, we won't be in that range.

(But probably wouldn't have been regardless...)
                            The high draft pick was already eliminated. We're not bad enough. We wouldn't be picking high if the season ended today. We'd be picking 9th.

We needed to dump several good starters to get bad enough and even then the worst 4 teams are so bad we were never catching them.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The high draft pick was already eliminated. We're not bad enough. We wouldn't be picking high if the season ended today. We'd be picking 9th.

We needed to dump several good starters to get bad enough and even then the worst 4 teams are so bad we were never catching them.
                              A few weeks back I would've perhaps been game to try to Kill'er for Miller ... but his stock has risen too high, even in the last few weeks.

Yesterday, Today... we weren't getting a superstar either way. Agreed.

Comment

We'll draft in late lottery. This team is going to win too many games
                                yeah they kept hovering around long enough

Comment

Working...
                                X