Everything 2023 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's why when I hear people talk about the schedule and how bad certain teams ahead of Raps are I just shake my head. The math is really, really bad. You're also counting on all those teams ahead of you to play 500 or even sub-500 ball over ~26-27 games. It ain't happening.

But I'll just say this: why are people so sure this team is making the play-in? I think there's a decent chance they end up 11th.
    I agree that 6th is not realistic but I'll eat my shoe if we miss the play in.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I agree that 6th is not realistic but I'll eat my shoe if we miss the play in.
      Given today, they not only better make the play-in but they better win and get into the playoffs.

Comment

Given today, they not only better make the play-in but they better win and get into the playoffs.
        If we don't make the playoffs we are in the draft lottery. Seems win-win to me. We have our pick this year.

Comment

If we don't make the playoffs we are in the draft lottery. Seems win-win to me. We have our pick this year.
          They traded for Poeltl to lose in the play-in? Man, if they can't win a play-in game then not sure how that's a success given they appear committed to the core of this roster.

Comment

They traded for Poeltl to lose in the play-in? Man, if they can't win a play-in game then not sure how that's a success given they appear committed to the core of this roster.
            The traded for Poeltl to resign him in the offseason and solve our center issues for the next 4+ years.

Comment

• They wanted to evaluate this core with proper center. It's not a new concept. For example you wanna see how good a big is with a good point guard. So we will see if this team reacts well with a real center.
              Last edited by MixxAOR; Thu Feb 9, 2023, 05:33 PM.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                They wanted to evaluate this core with proper center. It's not a new concept. For example you wanna see how good a big is with a good point guard. So we will see if this team reacts well with a real center.
                And then Nurse will complain that he can't switch and play the pressure D that he wants to generate turnovers like before. He'll also complain that he can't play Jakob and Scottie together because of the spacing and that Scottie needs to work on his shot in the off-season. Jakob solves some problems, but also creates others. He can't hit FTs either, so are we playing him in crunch-time? Hack-a-Jak

Comment

• Depending on where we end up, I think Jett Howard, Maxwell Lewis and Gradey Dick are good targets.

Sadly we won’t be in play for guys like Brandon Miller or Cason Wallace

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And then Nurse will complain that he can't switch and play the pressure D that he wants to generate turnovers like before. He'll also complain that he can't play Jakob and Scottie together because of the spacing and that Scottie needs to work on his shot in the off-season. Jakob solves some problems, but also creates others. He can't hit FTs either, so are we playing him in crunch-time? Hack-a-Jak
                    It's amazing how you can respond to a post about anything and spin it into some way of shitting on Nurse.

"Just heard we're wearing the throwback purple jerseys tomorrow."

"Nurse will probably say the purple color threw off his offensive scheme because Scottie is afraid of dinosaurs" - Golden

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      Depending on where we end up, I think Jett Howard, Maxwell Lewis and Gradey Dick are good targets.

Sadly we won’t be in play for guys like Brandon Miller or Cason Wallace
                      Yeah I really like Jett Howard.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Yeah I really like Jett Howard.
                        Out of the 3 I mentioned I’d probably put him first but Gradey Dick is creeping higher and higher

Depending on how high in the standings we go (6th seed) then I’d be looking at guys like Kris Murray

Comment

• Dariq Whitehead would be super intriguing and will probably be in our range.

Came into this year at Duke as the number 1 guy on the RSCI top 100 and was expected to be a super high pick but he fractured his foot and missed a bunch of games.

He hasn’t found his groove at all since coming back from injury and he picked up another small injury but his potential was literally top 5 pick. One to keep track of the rest of the season

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            Dariq Whitehead would be super intriguing and will probably be in our range.

Came into this year at Duke as the number 1 guy on the RSCI top 100 and was expected to be a super high pick but he fractured his foot and missed a bunch of games.

He hasn’t found his groove at all since coming back from injury and he picked up another small injury but his potential was literally top 5 pick. One to keep track of the rest of the season
                            We do have a history of taking players who fell due to injury and it's worked out well for us.

Comment

We do have a history of taking players who fell due to injury and it's worked out well for us.
                              Yeah we hit big with OG because of this and that was a much worse injury, I think ACL iirc

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

When healthy I imagine we'll close small. That lineup has always projected as a closing lineup rather than a starting lineup.

He won't complain because those things aren't true. Betcha Jak and Scottie do very well together, and the perimeter defence is even more effective with solid rim protection (the way it has been with Koloko this year).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X