No announcement yet.

Everything 2023 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we’re considering tanking just wait and sign poetl in FA no?

Comment

Bout that time. Rich get richer situation. Only question is whether we need to jettison much to land a top prospect. Glad to hear it’s a deep draft, only know the top two currently.

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        If we’re considering tanking just wait and sign poetl in FA no?
        Pretty sure would need to rescind Fred and Gary to have space to make an offer.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Pretty sure would need to rescind Fred and Gary to have space to make an offer.
          Yeah, unless Jakob's going to be an MLE guy (which seems.... unlikely), we're in rough shape for cap room. Even letting those two walk, we've got about 100M tied up (even assuming we waive Thad and Otto opts out), so our cap space is about 34M, just enough for a rookie scale graduate max salary. That also assumes a low cost first rounder, if we keep bottoming out and end up with an expensive first rounder we're looking at a little less than 30M.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
            I would trade two of Fred, OG, and Trent (ideally you keep OG but you need to gain some future assets right now). Pascal is a legit top-12 player so you have to keep him, Scottie needs a month and a half off but will be fine, especially if given a chance to be a primary playmaker consistently. Give Pascal 30 minutes a game, let him get his numbers, and pull him. Basically a shameful tank and a chance at a guy that can fit into the core for next year and elevate our ceiling. There's no sense in pushing for a play-in spot with this backcourt.
            tanking would likely cost pascal an all-NBA nod and hence his shot at the supermax, for which i doubt he would forgive the franchise

we're in a tough spot because of the contract situation this year where this team is obviously not good enough for management to shell out to keep together, so i do think we need to be looking either at win now moves or rebuilding around scottie and OG. and the farther this team sinks the more likely the latter becomes.

Comment

I wish there was a little more PG depth in the lottery in ts draft. If you need a wing this is your draft after the top 2.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

brandon miller is definitely worth tanking for if we can trade OG and or fred, pascal and get multi picks in this draft. i am game. barnes, banton is my core going forward. i would have liked to keep pascal out of the 3 but if we have to then thank you for your service. this is scottie’s team. fred definitely stands i. the way of that and same with OG but the sounds of it so. fuck it the fan base is not happy with team win or lose, we all know it’s not enough.

ideal situation is just trade fred and hope to tank to the lottery.

imagine banton, miller, barnes, pascal, koloko i am happy with that jeff, trent, OG, thad, precious. i can live with that

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                  I wish there was a little more PG depth in the lottery in ts draft. If you need a wing this is your draft after the top 2.
                  we have depth jeff is not getting burn because of politics

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

tanking would likely cost pascal an all-NBA nod and hence his shot at the supermax, for which i doubt he would forgive the franchise

we're in a tough spot because of the contract situation this year where this team is obviously not good enough for management to shell out to keep together, so i do think we need to be looking either at win now moves or rebuilding around scottie and OG. and the farther this team sinks the more likely the latter becomes.
                    Forgive the franchise for what? Pascal had 3 straight non All-NBA calibre games (ORL/SAC/BRK) that directly contributed to this current losing streak... which is the reason we're even having the tanking discussion in the first place.

If you're going to put your name in the same conversation as KD, Giannis, Jokic and those guys, i.e. Top 5, like Pascal did in the pre-season - then you have to drag your team to wins... regardless of the circumstances.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Forgive the franchise for what?
                      for tanking when he is having (on balance) an all-NBA season that would cost him a supermax deal.

If you're going to put your name in the same conversation as KD, Giannis, Jokic and those guys, i.e. Top 5, like Pascal did in the pre-season - then you have to drag your team to wins... regardless of the circumstances.
                      as we've seen over and over again throughout nba history, dragging your team to wins regardless of circumstances is a fallacy and aside from lebron and MJ, no one else has really done it. not curry, not doncic, not durant, not AD etc. etc.

we are definitely underachieving relative to our talent level but there are clearly issues with scheming, roster construction, and injuries, and to overlook those to say that pascal should be dragging this team to more wins implies that he's not doing enough, which is absurd

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        Which is perfect because we need a wing
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

for tanking when he is having (on balance) an all-NBA season that would cost him a supermax deal.

as we've seen over and over again throughout nba history, dragging your team to wins regardless of circumstances is a fallacy and aside from lebron and MJ, no one else has really done it. not curry, not doncic, not durant, not AD etc. etc.

we are definitely underachieving relative to our talent level but there are clearly issues with scheming, roster construction, and injuries, and to overlook those to say that pascal should be dragging this team to more wins implies that he's not doing enough, which is absurd
                          I don't think Pascal is an absolute lock to make All-NBA this year. There are 6 forward positions on 3 All-NBA teams.

Giannis, Tatum & KD are locks. So are Zion & AD if they can play enough games to qualify. That's 5 spots taken.

So it's: Lebron, Jaylen Brown, DeMar, Pascal, Paul George, Markannen, Jimmy Butler, Jerami Grant, Julius Randle battling it out for the last forward spot. Long shots are Paolo Banchero and Kawhi (not likely). Possibly Ingram too, if he comes back strong from injury.

I'd bet on Jaylen Brown or Lebron getting the final spot. Celtics narratives were created early in the season, and those tend to persist. And Lebron is Lebron.

If the season ended today, most of the guys on those teams are ahead of the Raptors and that would factor in heavily in the voting.

Comment

gotta keep the losses going and overtake Bulls and Wizards
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

gotta keep the losses going and overtake Bulls and Wizards
                              Trade Fred to Orlando, Pascal to Bulls, Trent to Charlotte and OG to the Wizards... all for picks.

Comment

I don't think Pascal is an absolute lock to make All-NBA this year. There are 6 forward positions on 3 All-NBA teams.

Giannis, Tatum & KD are locks. So are Zion & AD if they can play enough games to qualify. That's 5 spots taken.

So it's: Lebron, Jaylen Brown, DeMar, Pascal, Paul George, Markannen, Jimmy Butler, Jerami Grant, Julius Randle battling it out for the last forward spot. Long shots are Paolo Banchero and Kawhi (not likely). Possibly Ingram too, if he comes back strong from injury.

I'd bet on Jaylen Brown or Lebron getting the final spot. Celtics narratives were created early in the season, and those tend to persist. And Lebron is Lebron.

If the season ended today, most of the guys on those teams are ahead of the Raptors and that would factor in heavily in the voting.
                                oh i agree that he's not a lock, especially if the team ends up in the play-in or lottery.

but he's absolutely a lock to not make it if the team takes an intentional step-back this year (as Maury was suggesting), for which i wouldn't blame him for harbouring resentment towards the team considering what he personally has at stake this year.

like he's easily playing the best out of your group of non-locks and if the team were playing to expectations i think you could consider him a lock.

Comment

Working...
                                X