Everything 2023 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Nembhard signed a 4 year deal with Indiana. He has 3 remaining now.
    Yep and his contract is a steal. $2M per year for 4 years and a team option in the last year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Nembhard signed a 4 year deal with Indiana. He has 3 remaining now.
      Yeah but you always decline the 4th year so he'll be RFA instead of UFA.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah but you always decline the 4th year so he'll be RFA instead of UFA.
        The final year is a team option, not a player option.

Does the team have to decline their option to make him an RFA?

Comment

• This is not good news.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...or-Bam-Adebayo

Comment

• Continuing to bet on the FVV/OG/Siakam core is really coming back home to roost.

The Blazers don't reportedly covet either Pascal Siakam or OG Anunoby with the No. 3 pick. Adebayo and Paul George are the types of targets the Blazers would deem worthy with the pick.

Comment

• Yup, we (and management) over value our guys.

Comment

• i guess bam is younger and has a better contract, but i think pascal is a slightly better player and fit with dame.

kind of lines up with intel from ESPN mock this morning (portland likely to just keep their pick unless blown away by offer (i guess bam or PG are those offers?), and poeltl's distaste for a rebuild might persuade raptors to run it back (i'm inferring a bit there, but would obviously be a disaster to lose him for nothing))

bummer i was really hoping for that deal

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

Yup, we (and management) over value our guys.
                  On the bright side, I don't see any reason Miami would wanna move Bam for young guys. They won't tear it down until Jimmy is done.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Continuing to bet on the FVV/OG/Siakam core is really coming back home to roost.
                    It's Charlotte's pick I would be interested in, not Portlands. If we are talking about trading Pascal anyways

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It's Charlotte's pick I would be interested in, not Portlands. If we are talking about trading Pascal anyways
                      bill simmons threw out a #2 + gordon hayward for pascal trade on his sunday pod with rusillo and they both loved it, but that deal doesn't make a lot of sense to me from charlotte's perspective (they should continue rebuilding, and hard for me to believe pascal would want to resign there anyways)

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The final year is a team option, not a player option.

Does the team have to decline their option to make him an RFA?
                        2nd round picks do not have rookie scale contracts. They just have regular minimum (or non-minimum) free agent contracts.

First round rookie scale deals operate by their own rules, with RFA after the 4th year, and UFA if any options aren't picked up throughout the life of the contract.

Regular contracts just default to the league wide rules about RFA vs UFA - which is that for non-rookie scale contracts, any player becoming a free agent with 3 or fewer years of experience will be an RFA. Any player with more than 3 years is a UFA. This is true even if it's not your first free agency - for example, you sign a rookie 2nd rounder to a 1 year minimum, once that's done he's an RFA, and then you sign him to another 1 year deal, once that's done he's STILL an RFA since he has only 2 years, and then you do it again, and even THEN he's an RFA because he only has 3 years experience. But once a player has 4 years experience they are UFA.

Again, with the exception being 1st round rookie scale contracts, which is a bit funny to be the exception only because the vast majority of RFAs are actually players coming off those types of contracts.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

bill simmons threw out a #2 + gordon hayward for pascal trade on his sunday pod with rusillo and they both loved it, but that deal doesn't make a lot of sense to me from charlotte's perspective (they should continue rebuilding, and hard for me to believe pascal would want to resign there anyways)
                          As ever, the idea of a team trading out of the top of the lotto almost always relies on that team doing something wrong. In Portland's case they should trade Dame and rebuild, but they might do the wrong thing so there's a chance there. Charlotte may make a similar mistake, if their ownership or front office are tired of losing.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

On the bright side, I don't see any reason Miami would wanna move Bam for young guys. They won't tear it down until Jimmy is done.
                            I wouldn't be surprised if they were/are going to move on from Lowry.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if they were/are going to move on from Lowry.
                              Yes, I can see them using Lowry as salary ballast to bring in another impact player. Miami made the finals, they could be a player away from winning it.

I don't see Miami wanting to rebuild which is what trading Bam for picks would signal.

Comment

Yes, I can see them using Lowry as salary ballast to bring in another impact player. Miami made the finals, they could be a player away from winning it.

I don't see Miami wanting to rebuild which is what trading Bam for picks would signal.
                                People also forget that the wife says
                                "You're making $18M a year and I have friends here now.
                                The kids like their school.
                                You'll lose your peanut butter endorsement.
                                We're NOT moving again"

Comment

Working...
                                X