X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything 2023 Draft

It's that time folks.

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

Last edited by The Great One; Tue Dec 20, 2022, 01:06 PM.
    Mamba Mentality

thank you for starting this .... lots of great talent in that first round

Comment

My favorite player in this draft is - you guess right - a shooter. A sharpshooter I might add. Exactly what this team need.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Wow..Wow..didn't expect this..middle of December..Ouch..
        I guess Tank Nation is Back!!!
        This draft is insanely deep..

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          Wow..Wow..didn't expect this..middle of December..Ouch..
          I guess Tank Nation is Back!!!
          This draft is insanely deep..

Its a good year for us to be playing like shit. Only bright side at the moment.

Comment

Good shit
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Good shit
              My guy!
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Good shit
                Translation: I told y'all this core was gonna suck and we should've done a multi-year tank job sooner.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Translation: I told y'all this core was gonna suck and we should've done a multi-year tank job sooner.

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I saw a blurb about Raps having a 14% chance of getting the first pick in the draft right now.

Comment

I would trade two of Fred, OG, and Trent (ideally you keep OG but you need to gain some future assets right now). Pascal is a legit top-12 player so you have to keep him, Scottie needs a month and a half off but will be fine, especially if given a chance to be a primary playmaker consistently. Give Pascal 30 minutes a game, let him get his numbers, and pull him. Basically a shameful tank and a chance at a guy that can fit into the core for next year and elevate our ceiling. There's no sense in pushing for a play-in spot with this backcourt.

Comment

I'd also add, a trade for a guy like Poeltl would be a sound decision that helps us now and in the future. Would fit our team perfectly and I'd bet he'd solve a lot of problems (not the shooting ones, but everything would fit better). That's another direction you can go in, it's just that trading away picks right now seems questionable given the fact that their value keeps rising. As others mentioned, I'd go for Sharpe using OG and opt for a quick mini-tank over the Poeltl option, but a solution at the 5 is going to have to happen at some point or we're always going to struggle.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          I saw a blurb about Raps having a 14% chance of getting the first pick in the draft right now.
                          Don't think so considering Hornets, Pistons and Rockets are the bottom 3 teams. Raptors are somewhere around 8th I believe.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                            I'd also add, a trade for a guy like Poeltl would be a sound decision that helps us now and in the future. Would fit our team perfectly and I'd bet he'd solve a lot of problems (not the shooting ones, but everything would fit better). That's another direction you can go in, it's just that trading away picks right now seems questionable given the fact that their value keeps rising. As others mentioned, I'd go for Sharpe using OG and opt for a quick mini-tank over the Poeltl option, but a solution at the 5 is going to have to happen at some point or we're always going to struggle.
                            I have faith in both koloko and Precious, but koloko may be a few years away from being an effective starter, despite the promise from earlier in the year. Gotta see precious on the floor again before I make much judgement there, but I think he's got oodles of potential. Poeltl would be a nice addition, though like you said tough to give up picks right now with team on the precipice of a lost season.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post

I have faith in both koloko and Precious, but koloko may be a few years away from being an effective starter, despite the promise from earlier in the year. Gotta see precious on the floor again before I make much judgement there, but I think he's got oodles of potential. Poeltl would be a nice addition, though like you said tough to give up picks right now with team on the precipice of a lost season.
                              I'm fine with Koloko and Precious, but I'm not sure I see a real path to either of them being starters on a championship team. Precious could be an incredible super sub, but we need size. Poeltl I have no questions about whether he can he be a starter on a championship team. That means we would have 3-4 guys that at least IMO could fill that aforementioned role in Pascal, Scottie, OG, and now Poeltl. Just need a guard and actual depth and that team would be very good, a disgruntled star away from putting all their chips into the table and going for it again, which is the most sensible strategy for this franchise out of tanking, internal development, free agency etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X