Everything 2023 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Smith and Amen are 2 guards. The best PG after Scoot is Black.
    OK, they were listed as PG/SG, so I guess he's saying SG who can pass some too.

Comment

• This should be a rich-get-richer situation at the very least. Even if we sneak into the play-in we should be able to get great prospect-fit (like San Antonio always seemed to in the past) - e.g. Gradey Dick. Doesn't have to be full on tank to do well here.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        This should be a rich-get-richer situation at the very least. Even if we sneak into the play-in we should be able to get great prospect-fit (like San Antonio always seemed to in the past) - e.g. Gradey Dick. Doesn't have to be full on tank to do well here.
        I'm pro make some trades (Fred and Gary), not pro tank. If the trades make us play better this season that's great with me, we make some noise in the playoffs. If it makes us worse this season that's great too, we get a better draft pick.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          This should be a rich-get-richer situation at the very least. Even if we sneak into the play-in we should be able to get great prospect-fit (like San Antonio always seemed to in the past) - e.g. Gradey Dick. Doesn't have to be full on tank to do well here.
          Yeah I think we can get a really good player in that 10-13 range. Our scouts are still some of the best in the business. I'm not sold that this draft is great though. I think Wemby might be one of those generational players (although I'm skeptical). I do like Miller a lot. Scoot could be great (although he's short and I'm not sure Raptors fan have the appetite for another short player).

Ultimately whatever happens happens. I just don't want to see another Thad like flip. We should try to hold on to our first round picks.

Comment

• WATCH his feet!!! this is the guy

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

WATCH his feet!!! this is the guy
              I'm getting some PG13 vibes (good), with Shawn Marion shooting mechanics (bad).

Comment

• I think his shooting is hard to argue with regardless of any mechanics

45% from 3 in college and 42% in high school. And 80%+ at the free throw line which usually translates better to nba shooting

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I'm getting some PG13 vibes (good), with Shawn Marion shooting mechanics (bad).
                  He shoots nothing like Shawn Marion. His shot appears to be a little flicky but looks decent.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

He shoots nothing like Shawn Marion. His shot appears to be a little flicky but looks decent.
                    Kind of weird how he has his right foot so forward on his jumpshot.

Comment

• A review on Brandon Miller. Some good information beyond the normal highlight package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Cl00mSAi0

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Kind of weird how he has his right foot so forward on his jumpshot.
                        It's a little more forward than most, but almost all shooters have a staggered stance with their dominant side foot being forward.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

It's a little more forward than most, but almost all shooters have a staggered stance with their dominant side foot being forward.
                          steps into his shot for those that are not just jumpshoters know how to step around a screen into your shot no wasted movements. reggie miller did this

Comment

• when your feet are straight you tell everyone your shooting cause there is no other movement that can come from that position.

i think of basketball like boxing based on your body position you can tell what all the possible movements that come from that. it’s like televising all your punches
                            Last edited by grindhouse; Fri Jan 27, 2023, 03:04 PM.

Comment

steps into his shot for those that are not just jumpshoters know how to step around a screen into your shot no wasted movements. reggie miller did this
                              Reggie is a great example of of guy who had a pretty noticeable stagger on his stance. Also a great example of a guy who was far from a textbook shooter that had sustained success.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

when your feet are straight you tell everyone your shooting cause there is no other movement that can come from that position.

i think of basketball like boxing based on your body position you can tell what all the possible movements that come from that. it’s like televising all your punches
                                Yep, in boxing you watch the hips, not the eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X