X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Scoot will play in the rising stars challenge

Will be nice to see him against legit NBA competition

Feel bad for him where he’s in a spot though where there’s really nowhere to go but down as the consensus 2
    Also, if he drops a spot (based on current standings) he gets to play in San Antonio, rather than Detroit.

There is a bit of a difference in the potential value of his rookie scale contract, based on his draft position. For 2023-2024, the base salary (contract can be between 80% and 120% of base salary) for rookies is:

#1 Pick: $9.2M
    #2 Pick: $8.2M
    #3 Pick: $7.4M
    #4 Pick: $5.9M
    #5 Pick: $5.4M

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/...kqaolevbfxcnbk

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I don't understand "feel bad for him"
      Yah he might drop a spot or two, players have gone later than thought and out of the top spots forever....they're still instant millionnaires playing game where you try to put a round thing in a round hole
      Lol touché, can’t truly feel bad for any millionaire but still must not feel very good knowing he has nothing to gain. I reckon there’s literally nothing he could do to move up to 1

Like imagine he comes out and drops 60 on guys like Scotty and Banchero and Mobley. He’d probably still go #2

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Are we sure Scoot is guaranteed at #2? For example if the Piston's pick second, do they take another guard? They just spent picks on three of them in back to back to back years in Hayes, Cade and then Ivey.

Scott is looking good... but I think Miller or Amen goes #2 if Pistons are on the clock there.
        If Raps somehow get the #2 pick, then 100% we’re drafting Miller, which will no longer shock anyone.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If Raps somehow get the #2 pick, then 100% we’re drafting Miller, which will no longer shock anyone.
          You don’t see us taking Scoot?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

You don’t see us taking Scoot?
            It's possible, but at this point you almost expect Masai & Bobby to go off-script. lol.

Comment

It's possible, but at this point you almost expect Masai & Bobby to go off-script. lol.
              Very true. Admittedly have hardly seen anything from Scoot but what I have seen from Miller is so good. That shot is absolute butter

Comment

• I know the potential is incredibly low but I really wouldn’t mind throwing a flyer at Armando Bacot. His rebounding knack is ridiculous, especially on offensive boards. 67% on free throws too so it’s not like he’s gonna cost you there like most big men. Fairly mobile too with legit size.

Can easily see him not get drafted, would love to get him in eventually for summer league.

Comment

I would stage a one man riot if that happened LOL. Scoot has the type of fast twitch muscle fibers that would put Maxey to shame. Crazy how quickly he goes from standing still to full speed.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I would stage a one man riot if that happened LOL. Scoot has the type of fast twitch muscle fibers that would put Maxey to shame. Crazy how quickly he goes from standing still to full speed.
                    I've learned from the Suggs/Scottie draft that I will be happy with whoever the Raptors take. I'm not going to be crazy high on any one player.

I was so angry when they took Scottie over Suggs. And I have egg all over my face that still hasn't completely washed off.

Comment

• First step is being in position to even draft Scoot. I don't think we'll be able to tank that hard.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        First step is being in position to even draft Scoot. I don't think we'll be able to tank that hard.
                        Don’t underestimate us We are currently 6th on tankathon. With the way Orlando is playing, I think there’s a better chance we catch them for 5th than one of the other teams catch us for 6th. Depends on whether Indiana tanks but given they just signed Turner, I don’t think they are. It just took two runs of the simulation to get the number 1 pick from 6th.

Comment

• And that doesn’t even involve us tanking. Just being sellers instead of buyers. Even mini sellers.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I've learned from the Suggs/Scottie draft that I will be happy with whoever the Raptors take. I'm not going to be crazy high on any one player.

I was so angry when they took Scottie over Suggs. And I have egg all over my face that still hasn't completely washed off.
                            Totally get that and most here at RR were on the Suggs side of that draft as well from what I recall.

Just when I look at video of Scoot and Miller there seems to be a really big gap... and I really like Miller.

Comment

• Azuolas Tubelis looks really good.

6’11 but very mobile (look at him run the floor at 2:13). Has the athleticism, not scared of contact at the rim, shooting 40% from 3 (really small sample at 9/22) and the free throw shooting seems to be there (77% this year, 70% over his college career).

That floater is butter too.

If we could land him in the second it could be a great pickup.
                              Last edited by Bonus Jonas; Fri Feb 3, 2023, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Here he is as a freshman (along with Koloko and Benny Mathurin) going head to head with Mobley. Held his own, and actually did a better job than Koloko seemingly.
                                Last edited by Bonus Jonas; Fri Feb 3, 2023, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X