Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    https://youtu.be/6hyEit8-ukc

Here he is as a freshman (along with Koloko and Benny Mathurin) going head to head with Mobley. Held his own, and actually did a better job than Koloko seemingly.
    I like this kid

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I like this kid
      Yup. Huge fan and should be available in the second round so long as he doesn’t climb up too far over the course of the season. I could actually see him sneaking into the late first sadly.

Love how well he uses the glass on his finishes, very Siakam-esque

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Don't think so considering Hornets, Pistons and Rockets are the bottom 3 teams. Raptors are somewhere around 8th I believe.
        Bottom 4 all have a 14% chance at #1. They changed it a few years ago to avoid those games between 29&30 being complete shit shows at the end of the year.

With that said, no one is catching Houston/Detroit/San Antonio and Charlotte.

Best we can hope for is 5th behind Orlando which would be 10.5% and 45.5% of top 4. At 6th we’re at a 37.2% of a top 4 pick.

EDIT: 4th actually is at 12.5%. Thought it was four 14%’s.
        Last edited by Bonus Jonas; Sat Feb 4, 2023, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Azuolas Tubelis looks really good.

6’11 but very mobile (look at him run the floor at 2:13). Has the athleticism, not scared of contact at the rim, shooting 40% from 3 (really small sample at 9/22) and the free throw shooting seems to be there (77% this year, 70% over his college career).

That floater is butter too.

If we could land him in the second it could be a great pickup.
          Givony put out his latest mock draft and doesn’t have Tubelis on it at all. Pretty odd.

He’s got a pretty weird order. Typical top 2, still has Amen 3rd, then Miller and Ausar.

After that though he has Nick Smith 6th still even though he’s been injured a while, he’s higher than most with Gradey Dick and Filipowski, 11th and 13th for them. And has Black at 10 who I’m really not a fan of.

Comment

Givony put out his latest mock draft and doesn’t have Tubelis on it at all. Pretty odd.

He’s got a pretty weird order. Typical top 2, still has Amen 3rd, then Miller and Ausar.

After that though he has Nick Smith 6th still even though he’s been injured a while, he’s higher than most with Gradey Dick and Filipowski, 11th and 13th for them. And has Black at 10 who I’m really not a fan of.
            6'11" Thad Young

Comment

6'11" Thad Young
              Filipowski?

Comment

• I think he’s actually listed over 7’ if I’m not mistaken but I don’t think he’s very similar to Thad.

Havent seen a ton of him though if I’m being honest.

Comment

Filipowski?
                  Tubelis

Comment

Tubelis
                    Oh, yeah that’s not a terrible comp actually

Comment

Azuolas Tubelis looks really good.

6’11 but very mobile (look at him run the floor at 2:13). Has the athleticism, not scared of contact at the rim, shooting 40% from 3 (really small sample at 9/22) and the free throw shooting seems to be there (77% this year, 70% over his college career).

That floater is butter too.

If we could land him in the second it could be a great pickup.
                      Check back in some of the other threads, I’ve been on him since last year as a second round target. He seems to have done well with his expanded role this year as option 1/2. Without Kokomo beside him he’s been more active protecting the rim and shows to be at least a decent rebounder. Has the ability to stretch the floor and score around the hoop. Great size for a back up 4/5.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• So what sites are you guys using for mock drafts? I remember years ago comparing results after the mocks and nbadraft.net (canadian if im not mistaking) was most accurate. I forget the others at the time though

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                          So what sites are you guys using for mock drafts? I remember years ago comparing results after the mocks and nbadraft.net (canadian if im not mistaking) was most accurate. I forget the others at the time though
                          Draft express is nice although they lost Mike Schmitz who imo was the real mastermind. But it’s Givony now and he’s pretty solid.

I really like Noceilings as well, they have a bunch of people vote together to make a big board so it’s not based on just one opinion

Comment

• Jarace Walker is so interesting as a prospect

He’s probably the best defender in the draft, very Draymond-esque with his ability to move his feet and stay in front of guys (even guards) and he’s 6’8 240lbs and has the strength to hang with bigs at the same time.

Offensively I don’t know if the shooting is legit or not. He’s averaging 42% from 3 and his form looks good (squares his feet really well) but at the same time his free throw shooting is sitting in the low 60’s.

Has a really good floater when he attacks the paint but for a guy his size you’d think he’d power through to the rim way more often than he does

Could easily see him sneak into the top 5-6 by end of season, especially if teams get cold feet with the Thompson twins

Comment

Jarace Walker is so interesting as a prospect

He’s probably the best defender in the draft, very Draymond-esque with his ability to move his feet and stay in front of guys (even guards) and he’s 6’8 240lbs and has the strength to hang with bigs at the same time.

Offensively I don’t know if the shooting is legit or not. He’s averaging 42% from 3 and his form looks good (squares his feet really well) but at the same time his free throw shooting is sitting in the low 60’s.

Has a really good floater when he attacks the paint but for a guy his size you’d think he’d power through to the rim way more often than he does

Could easily see him sneak into the top 5-6 by end of season, especially if teams get cold feet with the Thompson twins
                              He reminds me of Isaiah Stewart from the Pistons as far as body type, but he seems to have more skills like the shooting you pointed out. He's a banger with perimeter shooting so maybe Precious is the better comparison? Not really sure how high the ceiling is with Walker, but he's interesting for sure. Top 6 is a bit high for me, but I could see him sneaking into the top 10.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

He reminds me of Isaiah Stewart from the Pistons as far as body type, but he seems to have more skills like the shooting you pointed out. He's a banger with perimeter shooting so maybe Precious is the better comparison? Not really sure how high the ceiling is with Walker, but he's interesting for sure. Top 6 is a bit high for me, but I could see him sneaking into the top 10.
                                Precious is definitely a good comp. He just doesn’t have the athleticism like Precious as far as jumping goes I’d say but that’s probably due to the added weight.

But yeah Stewart body but funny thing is I don’t really see him as a banger offensively, he relies on floaters and jumpers instead of using his body to get to the rim. It’s odd but I’m sure he can be taught out of that habit.

If the shooting is real, the combo of shooting/insane defence could end up making him a one of the best players to come out of this draft if he hits his full potential

Comment

Working...
                                X