Everything 2023 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    After Portland (3rd pick), Dallas (10th pick) is probably the next ream that is most desperate to win now and might be willing to trade their pick. Only 3 spots up from us, but if Raps really like a guy like Cason Wallace for example and start shifting towards building for the future (likely not) then Dallas may make for a good trade partner. Especially with OKC picking right before us

In a pick swap scenario, what else could OG get us from Dallas that we might want?
    Houston is pretty heavily rumored to be making the 4th pick available as well.

There is no pick swap scenario with Dallas where we aren't losing badly. Unless they wany Boucher (ha).

Comment

After Portland (3rd pick), Dallas (10th pick) is probably the next ream that is most desperate to win now and might be willing to trade their pick. Only 3 spots up from us, but if Raps really like a guy like Cason Wallace for example and start shifting towards building for the future (likely not) then Dallas may make for a good trade partner. Especially with OKC picking right before us

In a pick swap scenario, what else could OG get us from Dallas that we might want?
      OG and Porter for Josh Green, Bertans, Jaden Hardy and the 10th pick.

Green had a solid 3rd year in the league with over 25 minutes per game and 20 starts. Although a low volume, he shot the 3 over 40% and over 50% overall from the field. He has the size and ability to play either wing positions. Bertans is salary filler, and Hardy looked like an NBA player in his rookie year, provides some backcourt depth moving forward.

Might be a little light for OG, but if Green and the 10th become starters and Hardy is a top 10 rotational guy, I'm ok with that. Allows us to keep 13 as well.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

Why are so many people obsessed with trading a young, vet who was the only person on the team who shot above average from 3? AND is the first Rap to be All Defense in a very long time? Isn't OG the type of player they should try to keep/ try to get? You know, get younger? With shooting and defense at more positions? You don't trade OG for the chance to draft players that bring less to the table.You keep guys like him and try to find more, at more positions.
        you need to have studied the game for over 30 years like grindhouse for this to make sense.

once you gain that deep level of understanding you will realize that there are two models and two models only, both archaic. plus the warriors. or something. i didn't quite follow but i am not a student of the game

lol what an all-time series of posts, thank you for sharing your insight grindhouse

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, first off, if we are trading OG to Dallas, have to imagine we are getting 10 straight up, not a swap, and probably another future pick on top of that.

Josh Green is an interesting prospect they have, him and Kleber or Bullock would do for salary matching (I think they'll want to operate over the cap and keep their FAs).
          I haven't seen Green play, but not much interest in Kleber or Bullock. Not a lot of young prospects to chose from in Dallas.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Green had a solid 3rd year in the league with over 25 minutes per game and 20 starts. Although a low volume, he shot the 3 over 40% and over 50% overall from the field. He has the size and ability to play either wing positions. Bertans is salary filler, and Hardy looked like an NBA player in his rookie year, provides some backcourt depth moving forward.

Might be a little light for OG, but if Green and the 10th become starters and Hardy is a top 10 rotational guy, I'm ok with that. Allows us to keep 13 as well.
            That's a very easy hard no, you keep OG.

If you wouldn't trade Pascal for the return, you shouldn't trade OG for it. That's a good rule of thumb to weed out these bad trade ideas.

Comment

Haven’t read it yet but the Athletic has an article about Houston trading the 4th pick. If they get Harden, they might not so many kids around. Maybe more win now as well.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

If we can come out of the draft with Wallace and Hawkins then that would be some pretty good guard depth and prospects for the future.

It's so frustrating to not have a clear idea of what the direction of the team is LOL. All these great trade scenarios are out there, but not a peep from the front office that we will do anything other than continue to try and compete with this core.

Comment

If we can come out of the draft with Wallace and Hawkins then that would be some pretty good guard depth and prospects for the future.

It's so frustrating to not have a clear idea of what the direction of the team is LOL. All these great trade scenarios are out there, but not a peep from the front office that we will do anything other than continue to try and compete with this core.

The draft isn't until June 22nd.

I suspect we won't know the direction of the team until after draft night.

If we don't make any moves by June 23rd then get ready for an aggravating run it back season.

As far as MLSE wanting ticket sales, I think tickets would sell out much faster if we're selling youth movement around Scottie with the 3rd or 4th pick joining him in Toronto.

I can't see fans lining up to buy tickets for this same roster under a new coach.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

That's a very easy hard no, you keep OG.

If you wouldn't trade Pascal for the return, you shouldn't trade OG for it. That's a good rule of thumb to weed out these bad trade ideas.
                    While OG is the best player in the trade, Josh Green and OG had very similar 3rd years. Josh slotted in as a full time starter in year 4 should make another solid jump.

I'm not saying I would do this trade, just putting something out there that might make sense. personally I would like to keep OG and move Pascal for roster balance and improvement purposes. I love Spicy P, but it may be time to cut and run.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The draft isn't until June 22nd.

I suspect we won't know the direction of the team until after draft night.

If we don't make any moves by June 23rd then get ready for an aggravating run it back season.

As far as MLSE wanting ticket sales, I think tickets would sell out much faster if we're selling youth movement around Scottie with the 3rd or 4th pick joining him in Toronto.

I can't see fans lining up to buy tickets for this same roster under a new coach.
                      100%. You are either selling wins or you're selling hope. A run-it-back team is selling neither. In Masai's case, wins are even at another level..... he's selling championships. I doubt even the biggest Raps homer sees championship potential in this current run-it-back squad. Dvdvideo - Am I right?

A middling squad could breed fan apathy. MLSE needs to understand that an up & coming hungry young team could actually generate more excitement and sizzle, than a 5th seed ceiling team, with selfish guys looking like they are playing just to get paid.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

100%. You are either selling wins or you're selling hope. A run-it-back team is selling neither. In Masai's case, wins are even at another level..... he's selling championships. I doubt even the biggest Raps homer sees championship potential in this current run-it-back squad. Dvdvideo - Am I right?

A middling squad could breed fan apathy. MLSE needs to understand that an up & coming hungry young team could actually generate more excitement and sizzle, than a 5th seed ceiling team, with selfish guys looking like they are playing just to get paid.
                        Plus with the play in, a .400 team is still within shooting distance of the playoffs. Fans will be just as engaged towards the end of the season as they would be for a mediocre 5 seed. Probably more so because the young team is building towards something. A young team losing a play in game is a good sign that next season they can make the playoffs. A veteran team losing a play in game is a very bad sign that the team is headed in the wrong direction.

Masai needs to read the room, no one wants to run it back.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

This!

Comment

• Is there a date for when teams are allowed to start bringing players in for private workouts or is that happening already?

Comment

Is there a date for when teams are allowed to start bringing players in for private workouts or is that happening already?
                              I think basically anytime.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think basically anytime.
                                Hopefully we start getting some intel on who the Raps are bringing in fairly soon. At the least we might find out if they are looking at guards or wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X