Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse
    replied
    love how you guys are scouting, so much pride !

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    We should tank for this kid. 2026 draft eligible.
    I have been watching his highlights since teh beginning of this past high school season. I love the way he plays, scores at all three levels, and plays defense. Kid looks like a winner, period.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    We should tank for this kid. 2026 draft eligible.

Leave a comment:

• Day One
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Hmm...time will tell.
    I've never been wrong, few times, but we will c.

I'm usually right.
    Kawli trade for Demar. I wanted way before it happen.
    Lowry is the glue, he was the culture, they lost that.
    We need a big for 4 years, I was so sick of saying it and they got him when they should be rebuilding...lol..
    Fred is overrated...should be coming off the bench...they'll overpay and they'll regret it.
    Siakim is not super max or max player should be moved....it will not change if he is still here...both him and Fred..if we had Kawli, veterans, good bench...sure keep them...they don't have those guys, it will not change...in the long run this will not work...
    I’m confused, on the republic for more than a decade. Reading your comments all this time. It’s clear to me that you’re an educated basketball fan and i often agree with your opinion.

KL trade for Demar and wanting it way before it happened is a no brainer, not sure who would ever disagree with that. Mind you it would be crazy to even think it was an option.

not signing Kyle to his current contract should be considered top 5 smartest moves in the last 5 years.

Your opinion about Fred is not shared by any of the so called experts. There is no worth your contract, players are worth what the highest bidder is willing to pay. We can resign Fred to the max (which I agree he is not worth it) and simply retain an asset.

pascal as far as I know according to the cba hasn’t locked in super max yet. Pascal and Fred both are in their late 20s no need to move on from them yet. Timeline with the youngins still matches up.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    how do we generate or convert energy into power that we can use in our homes? you may think its some complex thing but to me its as simple as 1 +1 = 2. i could try and explain it but like basketball you have to explain all the concepts so 1 + 1 = 2 so you understand. your always giving the formula but not how you got to creating the formula

analytics makes you sound smart but all it is, is you know how to read a voltage meter. you want to sound smart tell me how electricity is created then tell me how and by what means can you apply it
    Last edited by grindhouse; Fri Jun 23, 2023, 09:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Hope inflation doesn't raise your price too high or you go behind a paywall.
    Its good to have an iconoclast ripping away from time to time.
    i believe knowledge is free, the point of my rants is sometimes you guys go too far to the left or too far to the right so a extreme comment is needed to make people pause. nurse had toronto feeling like there is only one form of basketball. this is the furthest thing from the truth.

off the ball basketball is the most dangerous form of basketball its hard to predict, even harder to counter. darko jama and addition of gradey is steps in the right direction.

i am nobody just someone who grew up watching and playing tons of basketball. i was taught the way how to be unstoppable is to learn every position cause once you understand that then you can use those tools for yourself and know what your teammates like and dont like what works for them and doesnt. thats how you win you play chess.

we have never had a shooting guard in toronto, so seeing is believing. my early career i was a point guard till i meet this kid that had the purest jumper i ever seen and was one of the fastest players i ever seen at that point in my life. he showed me xyz and when i learnt his style i added it to mine so he could play off ball and murder people till they stopped it or slowed it down then we would switch. from there leanrt how to post and learnt the difference between power forward and center so i could switch with those positions based on match ups.

the trend of the game has tried to eliminate all positions other than ball dominant guard. this is a mistake. ya stats are fun to talk about but the things you can do with the right players is insane.

i spent so much time studying film that i can perdict who is going to get the shot on a play based ondefensive setup and match ups.

my wife love the lakers and predict the game so much she tells me ti shut up… only if its a bad outcome for her team lol.

the offenses in the nba are so simple… reaves is going to end up with the shot on this play because they are run this on the other side and have to rotate because of the mismatch they are trying to create ect ect ect.

you play and see enough basketball everything slows down.

why did i know jett howard was going to go before every other shooting guard in the draft? i named four on my list howard, gradey, hawkins, marcas sasser. they fell in order, because i understood the position.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    It would seem our love of small guards continues despite the rumoured breakup of FVV and the Raps.
    Markis Nowell ? not sure on the spelling of Marquis... but he checks in as yet another Uindrafted Free Agent under 6 feet tall.
    The Claw Reborn must believe Ujiri is purposefully torturing him.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    i have blessed this forum with hit after hit after hit start next year. i am charging ! tired of the disrespect
    Hope inflation doesn't raise your price too high or you go behind a paywall.
    Its good to have an iconoclast ripping away from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied

Lol...

I want u all 2 remember this pick by next year..

I'm gonna put out 4 names that they should easily of picked before this player.

Jordan Hawkins
    Kobe Bufkin
    Brandon Podziemski
    Cam Whitmore

Do u guys watch NCAA or G League...really
    Everyone here listen 2 Doug Smith and Grange..who are clueless..
    Yes they need shooting...kid can't do anything else.
    I'm gonna give u name..Jason Kapano..
    That's The bar...so disappointed.
    Fair that you don't like the pick and had others in mind.
    Hawkins was a possibility as was Whitmore.

True thatJason Kapono kinda flamed out.
    But
    Tyler Hero and Kyle Korver worked out well as three point shooting draft picks.
    Give it some time.

For another point of view.... Fat Joe is on line 3.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jun 23, 2023, 12:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

This makes me feel really good about the pick.
    Hmm...time will tell.
    I've never been wrong, few times, but we will c.

I'm usually right.
    Kawli trade for Demar. I wanted way before it happen.
    Lowry is the glue, he was the culture, they lost that.
    We need a big for 4 years, I was so sick of saying it and they got him when they should be rebuilding...lol..
    Fred is overrated...should be coming off the bench...they'll overpay and they'll regret it.
    Siakim is not super max or max player should be moved....it will not change if he is still here...both him and Fred..if we had Kawli, veterans, good bench...sure keep them...they don't have those guys, it will not change...in the long run this will not work...

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

he's a lot like fred vanvleet, only smaller

i predict this board is gonna absolutely love him
    I loved Fred off the bench. He was great then. So I'm sure I'll love Nowell.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I posted about Gradey in his thread, but for posterity in the draft thread: didn't think he'd slip so wasn't on my radar, like the pick, great shooter, smart cutter and good size. Seems an ideal fit both running it back as a bench shooter and longer term as a running mate to Scottie, who is excellent at finding both shooters and cutters and should really benefit from a movement shooter off ball.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    5'8 isn't great, but he must have redeeming qualities that got the Raptors interested.
    As someone who fell in love with Muggsy Bogues in his short stint with the Raptors, this makes me happy. UDFA two-way, no harm in it.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    You cannot convince that this wasn’t a ‘need’ pick. No way 2018-2022 Raptors pick this guy. Total change in draft philosophy and I don’t care how they spin it. And it might be a good thing.
    Could be. Could also be some development in their skill assessment when determining BPA, deciding that they needed to move shooting further up their important skills list for their picks to have a shot.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

BUST...
    Masai u Bum..
    Fire Masai.....Horrible Pick...
    We are gonna bring back everyone back...unbelievable..
    Next Year Scottie gonna ask for Trade...Guarantee..
    This a joke...
    Did we really pick Justin Bieber...
    Unbelievable...
    F&%% I hate this team!!!
    This makes me feel really good about the pick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X