Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    Oh god I hope so...
    Raptors defence is schizo. They can't defend the perimeter then when they do they give up rim runs. The defence and players overreact trying to shut down everything. Speights and Len hit a couple 20 footers and suddenly JV is rushing out to contest or sat leaving no interior defence. It stinks of a coach overreacting instead of trusting his players or not having a game plan.

Comment

• Was reading a piece today where Casey describe his defense as very intensive that wants to excessively help and rotating, and allow teams to screen as they please.

Personally, a scheme that wants help, is a scheme that can be game planned for and easily beaten. And killing the screen is a good idea (btw that is how Thibs does it, by placing the defender between the pick and the ball handler)

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Was reading a piece today where Casey describe his defense as very intensive that wants to excessively help and rotating, and allow teams to screen as they please.

Personally, a scheme that wants help, is a scheme that can be game planned for and easily beaten. And killing the screen is a good idea (btw that is how Thibs does it, by placing the defender between the pick and the ball handler)
        Leads to a lot of guys open for uncontested shots. This aggressive defense has destroyed dRtg and TO% is down too. Blitzing doesn't work if teams do it all the time.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          Was reading a piece today where Casey describe his defense as very intensive that wants to excessively help and rotating, and allow teams to screen as they please.

It would work if we had a lot of mobile defensively aware players...but we don't.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Casey not happy with Hornacek's comments lol, says he'd love to play the Suns again. I would love to see it actually, if both teams were healthy and fresh i think we beat them no question.

Casey also points out the run and gun offence that i totally despised and point out to DeRozan being out. Says offence will get back to normal once DeMar comes back.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Casey not happy with Hornacek's comments lol, says he'd love to play the Suns again. I would love to see it actually, if both teams were healthy and fresh i think we beat them no question.

Casey also points out the run and gun offence that i totally despised and point out to DeRozan being out. Says offence will get back to normal once DeMar comes back.

Offence wasn't the problem

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Offence wasn't the problem
                Disagree - posted a pretty pedestrian ~100 ORTG for the game. Offence was a big problem. Plus the poor offence (turnovers) led to a lot of easy points for them.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Disagree - posted a pretty pedestrian ~100 ORTG for the game. Offence was a big problem. Plus the poor offence (turnovers) led to a lot of easy points for them.
                  Gave up 120 to GSW and Phoenix. Unless he is trying to score 130 defence sucked. Also it's the same offence just DD instead of Lowry. It isn't fixing the offence just running a different guy to not pass.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Bingo.

Poor offence = bad shots --> bad possessions --> turnovers --> easy points for the other team.

To me its the root of their problem. THeir defence suffers because of their poor offence. They became an up tempo, run and gun team since the DeRozan injury. I don't know why but that needs to change because 1. they don't have the personnel to play run and gun and 2. That's not their style.
                    Last edited by The Great One; Wed Jan 7, 2015, 06:44 PM.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Gave up 120 to GSW and Phoenix. Unless he is trying to score 130 defence sucked. Also it's the same offence just DD instead of Lowry. It isn't fixing the offence just running a different guy to not pass.
                      Yeah, but the pace against PHX was out of this world. It was a sub par defensive performance, but nowhere near their worst, frankly not even bottom 5.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• How many turmovers happened in half court sets though?. Landry's picked off passes, JV's Statue of Liberty play, Ross's dribbling fiasco are 4 off the top of my head.
                        Last edited by 3inthekeon; Wed Jan 7, 2015, 09:28 PM.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Joseph Casciaro is reporting that Clips vs Raps on Feb 6 will be on ESPN as well as Bulls at Raps on March 25!

What whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            Joseph Casciaro is reporting that Clips vs Raps on Feb 6 will be on ESPN as well as Bulls at Raps on March 25!

What whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!
                            3 elite teams. Good.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Casey not happy with Hornacek's comments lol, says he'd love to play the Suns again. I would love to see it actually, if both teams were healthy and fresh i think we beat them no question.

TRex wrote: View Post
                              Bingo.

Poor offence = bad shots --> bad possessions --> turnovers --> easy points for the other team.

To me its the root of their problem. THeir defence suffers because of their poor offence. They became an up tempo, run and gun team since the DeRozan injury. I don't know why but that needs to change because 1. they don't have the personnel to play run and gun and 2. That's not their style.
                              ^To add

I found it really funny that in the beginning of the interview with Casey, he mentioned that having DD come back will help them slow down the offense by becoming more of a "semi-post up team"

Does he not realize he has a 7 foot center with a budding post game that could have substituted into that role for a learning experience whilst DD was out?

Damn fail...

Comment

• This Phoenix game was easily the worse game the Raptors played....in a long time. Phoenix can take all the pride they want in that. I have no problem with how the Raps will play against them next time around. They are not a better team. Period.

Comment

Working...
                                X