Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opponents putting up 120+ in 3 of last 5 games what is wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opponents putting up 120+ in 3 of last 5 games what is wrong?

Why has our defence regressed so much in last 5 games ? It is it simply no DD and too much GV?

It's called a slump.
    @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Why has our defence regressed so much in last 5 games ? It is it simply no DD and too much GV?
      Bad matching. Casery sucks

Comment

We don't have the "personnel" to keep teams under 120. It's just how it is, accept it. ;-)

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          We don't have the "personnel" to keep teams under 120. It's just how it is, accept it. ;-)
          Then we are going for a first round playoff exit.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Then we are going for a first round playoff exit.
            This was a foregone conclusion. Against Western small ball teams Bebe and Bruno should get some burn. Couldn't be worse

Comment

This is become Casey's m.o of late. In his second year he wanted to push the pace on offense but that lead to terrible defense. In his third year he went back to playing good defense but slowed the pace down to achieve it. Then in his fourth year the pace goes up, and the d comes down.

DD will force the pace to come down.. at least if he continues to get about 7-8 FTA's a game. That should help them settle in on D for at least 4-5 possessions. They will also be playing easier teams.

The playbook is out on the Raptors. It's easier to beat them when you go small and you push the pace. Let the Raptors try to score. If they do, you'll have an easier time scoring as well.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                This was a foregone conclusion. Against Western small ball teams Bebe and Bruno should get some burn. Couldn't be worse
                Actually, I think they should be getting burn regardless of the situation. Garbage time is useless in terms of developing a player properly, and I would rather them not play at all then see garbage minutes.

Long term question: Having Bruno run a PnR with Hansborough and launch a three is great for the crowd and all...but is that garbage minute experience what we want him to learn from and apply in game when he is not two years from being two years away?

To the OP:

Our bench has been extremely poor defensively all year. I think Bruno and Bebe can also add a needed dimension to the bench unit defensively. Amir is broken right now, and should be shut down until late February, and Patterson should be starting. A backup lineup of Bebe/JJ/Bruno has enough length and quickness that they should be able to succeed through the mistakes of Bebe and Bruno, as long as they are only played for a couple minutes together (ie stagger their minutes - no hockey substitutions).

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Actually, I think they should be getting burn regardless of the situation. Garbage time is useless in terms of developing a player properly, and I would rather them not play at all then see garbage minutes.

Long term question: Having Bruno run a PnR with Hansborough and launch a three is great for the crowd and all...but is that garbage minute experience what we want him to learn from and apply in game when he is not two years from being two years away?

To the OP:

Our bench has been extremely poor defensively all year. I think Bruno and Bebe can also add a needed dimension to the bench unit defensively. Amir is broken right now, and should be shut down until late February, and Patterson should be starting. A backup lineup of Bebe/JJ/Bruno has enough length and quickness that they should be able to succeed through the mistakes of Bebe and Bruno, as long as they are only played for a couple minutes together (ie stagger their minutes - no hockey substitutions).
                  Agree, Bruno can hit threes and act like a clothesline. Bebe can hedge and smile. No use keeping them on the bench. Bruno did look like he's been learning anything useful judging from his D-league stint. For people that say they aren't ready GSW 70% Suns 80% Fg. I'm willing to chance the defensive drop

Comment

Agree, Bruno can hit threes and act like a clothesline. Bebe can hedge and smile. No use keeping them on the bench. Bruno did look like he's been learning anything useful judging from his D-league stint. For people that say they aren't ready GSW 70% Suns 80% Fg. I'm willing to chance the defensive drop
                    Hey if clothselining people whilst wearing an award winning smiles improves our toughness, I'll take it.

Kidding aside, I'm not willing to chance a defensive drop. I do, however, think Bruno and Bebe will provide better defense than the current strategy

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Hey if clothselining people whilst wearing an award winning smiles improves our toughness, I'll take it.

Kidding aside, I'm not willing to chance a defensive drop. I do, however, think Bruno and Bebe will provide better defense than the current strategy
                      Casey wants to pressure the ball handler and cause a turn over based defence. Length helps. A second unit with Lou, Bruno,Bebe is crazy long

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        DD will force the pace to come down.. at least if he continues to get about 7-8 FTA's a game. That should help them settle in on D for at least 4-5 possessions. They will also be playing easier teams.

The playbook is out on the Raptors. It's easier to beat them when you go small and you push the pace. Let the Raptors try to score. If they do, you'll have an easier time scoring as well.
                        DD's free throws will help quite a bit. The Raps have also looked bad against small ball - their best rim/paint protecting duo is Amir & JV, and they just aren't as good with only one big on the floor. They need to figure out what to do when teams go small.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          DD's free throws will help quite a bit. The Raps have also looked bad against small ball - their best rim/paint protecting duo is Amir & JV, and they just aren't as good with only one big on the floor. They need to figure out what to do when teams go small.
                          Don't need Amir and JV together for small ball teams. Add in Fields and a front court of LF, Amir and JV is terrible vs Western small ball team. Always was.

Comment

Don't need Amir and JV together for small ball teams. Add in Fields and a front court of LF, Amir and JV is terrible vs Western small ball team. Always was.
                            Is there an echo in here or what.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                            X