Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrydenB
    replied
    I want zero part of PPat and JV playing a lot of minutes together. They're sooooo bad defensively. I think you're going to see Ross get a lot more easy catch and shoot looks when DD is back. If he doesn't start improving when that happens then I think you make a change to the starters.

On another roster note: I think we have too many wings. Sweet Lou is a nice luxury but if I have to watch him or GV throw up another YOLO shot or make a pass into the stands I'm going to scream. I'd rather see if packaging a couple expirings and Lou can get us another pick or something, and give JJ more minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Would anyone else be interested in packaging Ross for Wilson Chandler? Kinda solves all the problems we're having.
    Does it really though? Replacing one inconsistent SF with another?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Lowry, DD, JJ, Amir, JV.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Would anyone else be interested in packaging Ross for Wilson Chandler? Kinda solves all the problems we're having.

Or, what about making a run at Mason Plumlee? Nets are so fucked and without draft picks that Masai might be able to get it. Say Hayes and the Knicks/nuggets first for Plumlee?
    Nets are stupidly high on Plumlee. The cost would be very high, and hence not worth it.

People have liked Wilson Chandler on this board for awhile. He's a decent bench wing...but I don't think he'll be worth the cost either. Ross may be frustrating us, and having a bad stretch, but he's still a young, elite athlete with a good 3pt shot. He should be a piece that can get us something better than Wilson Chandler.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied

Or, what about making a run at Mason Plumlee? Nets are so fucked and without draft picks that Masai might be able to get it. Say Hayes and the Knicks/nuggets first for Plumlee?

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Bye to Ross and Amir.

Hello Pat and JJ.

Leave a comment:

• Hurricane_Herm
    replied
    Derozan is a week away (again). These last couple games haven't helped the stock of Ross, Lou, and Fields. I still think j. Johnson needs to be in the lineup to bring back our defence.

I also think Lou should be pushed back into the bench. Lately he has been mega chucky. Early in the season he would do it when we where down + no scorers on floor and now it's every time he sees the ball...

Any new thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Yeah but bringing him in to a comparison with 2Pat is just wrong. They're both stretch 4's and thats where the comparison ends. That's like saying Michael Jackson is like Chris Brown cause they both sing.
    As stretch 4 they are comparable with 2Pats being a higher % shooter and better defensive player. In the post Love is much better but he doesn't post anymore. Not saying 2Pats is better but that Love isn't the player from the TWolves.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Love under the Rim is good, away from it he isn't his Oreb have dropped every year as he starting hitting threes, same with Bosh.
    Yeah but bringing him in to a comparison with 2Pat is just wrong. They're both stretch 4's and thats where the comparison ends. That's like saying Michael Jackson is like Chris Brown cause they both sing.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Love is a great rebounder. 2Pat is a bad rebounder. None of this perimeter stuff holds weight
    Love under the Rim is good, away from it he isn't his Oreb have dropped every year as he starting hitting threes, same with Bosh.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    2Pats can't rebound like Love can't. Love is a good rebounder but If he's on the perimeter his rebounding suffers. He isn't great but not terrible. He's been used as a C sometimes which makes him look bad.

Love is a great rebounder. 2Pat is a bad rebounder. None of this perimeter stuff holds weight

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Assuming Lowry, DeRozan and JV are untouchable in the starting lineup, I think there are 2 forward combinations that work, in order to provide floor spacing:

1. Amir & Ross
    2. Patterson & JJ

The problem is that neither JJ or Fields know the offense enough to do the little things that Amir provides on both ends of the court.

There are no capable replacements for Lowry or JV.

Subbing in JJ/Fields for DeRozan would allow Lowry to continue running the show, while providing balance (off-ball play and sound perimeter defense), but there's no chance the DeRozan goes to the bench. The only reason this even gets a 1% consideration is because of how poor Amir's play has been this season, causing the PF spot to be the weakness (ignoring the issue of Ross playing out of position).

Having said all that, I really can't see the starting lineup changing. However, changing substitution patterns could go a long way towards mixing things up and masking any issues that persist with that lineup. I actually think this is more integral to success than which 5 players start the game.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    I think Ross is the weakest link, but we need him to start for shooting and spacing like others have said. Moving Amir to the bench really sucks for him, he really deserves to start but I understand the suggestion. I just don't think it moves the needle that much because although Patterson can provide spacing and has a great shot, he just isn't as smart a defender or screener than Amir is, and those are the two most important things we need from our starting PF given the way we play. And although Amir hasn't rebounded particularly well this season, I think he is better than Patterson. Remember, that starting unit needs more help defensively than offensively.

If only James Johnson could shoot the 3...

Anyways, next season should provide the team more opportunity to tinker with the lineup, I'm just not sure we have the right assortment of personnel right now to make adjustments to the starting unit. Right now, the guys I definitely want to see here next year include JV, Amir, Demar, Lowry, JJ and Patterson. I'd include Lou too but I think he has too much leeway with his shot for my tastes. And I'd keep Hayes too if he comes cheap. And of course Bruno is a keeper for now too.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Well that's the problem.....

2pat cannot rebound!
    2Pats can't rebound like Love can't. Love is a good rebounder but If he's on the perimeter his rebounding suffers. He isn't great but not terrible. He's been used as a C sometimes which makes him look bad.

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Well that's the problem.....

2pat cannot rebound!
    Totally. It's remarkable how bad he is at it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X