Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After we inevitably let go of Casey, who should we hire next?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • After we inevitably let go of Casey, who should we hire next?

    Lets get this out of the way:

    Casey is a stepping stone in this franchise.
    He's a good motivator and has heart. He got his players to buy into pound the rock and his players really respect him.
    However, at best he's a Mark Jackson kind of person - good personality, well-respected but little x and o basketball system.

    Casey's rotations are childish at best and his in game adjusments are horrible for a guy who's been coaching as long as him.

    We don't have a championship roster right now now, but when we do, which coach should we replace Casey with?

  • #2
    I disagree with you. Better coach's may not be willing to move from their existing teams.

    Comment


    • #3
      2kfeen wrote: View Post
      Lets get this out of the way:

      Casey is a stepping stone in this franchise.
      He's a good motivator and has heart. He got his players to buy into pound the rock and his players really respect him.
      However, at best he's a Mark Jackson kind of person - good personality, well-respected but little x and o basketball system.

      Casey's rotations are childish at best and his in game adjusments are horrible for a guy who's been coaching as long as him.

      We don't have a championship roster right now now, but when we do, which coach should we replace Casey with?
      Like Michael Malone. His style fits the West better turn DMC from an elbow jump shooter into a low post C and improved his defence. Helped Ben McClemore become a SG which is a tough position after C and PG. Has Toronto ties with his father and was the Asisstant coach for GSW when they became a good defensive team. Toronto also has had luck get crap off the Kings. Playoff-wise who knows but Casey is terrible so it can either be as bad but potentially much better

      Comment


      • #4
        i also disagree. i think the stepping stone coach rhetoric is baseless. has done nothing but improve this team in every year here.

        he is going to be graded on the playoffs. we are supposed to make the playoffs and everything happening right now is a prelude to that. if we are badly beaten in round one, then casey might be on the hot seat but until then he has done nothing but improve this team every year.

        Comment


        • #5
          raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Like Michael Malone. His style fits the West better turn DMC from an elbow jump shooter into a low post C and improved his defence. Helped Ben McClemore become a SG which is a tough position after C and PG. Has Toronto ties with his father and was the Asisstant coach for GSW when they became a good defensive team. Toronto also has had luck get crap off the Kings. Playoff-wise who knows but Casey is terrible so it can either be as bad but potentially much better
          Meant east not west - autocorreted

          Comment


          • #6
            It's really hard for me to come up with a coach I like that is a) isn't untouchable b) in a great situation c) is currently available.

            Would George Karl be a good fit for this team? Personally, I don't think so.

            Comment


            • #7
              This thread is ridiculous.
              Mamba Mentality

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't see how Michael Malone is magically a championship calibre coach while Casey isn't.

                If you're going to upgrade, upgrade.

                Let's say by dumb-ass luck we sign KD in 2016. Who coaches that team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                  I don't see how Michael Malone is magically a championship calibre coach while Casey isn't.

                  If you're going to upgrade, upgrade.

                  Let's say by dumb-ass luck we sign KD in 2016. Who coaches that team.
                  He isn't championship but a much better developmental coach and does everything better than Casey regarding in-game management. True Championship level coach are presently coaching or GM. Toronto needs a developmental coach more than a championship. The roster is really young and lack a lot of BBall IQ and fundamental skills like passing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Red Auerbach

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i also disagree. i think the stepping stone coach rhetoric is baseless. has done nothing but improve this team in every year here.

                      he is going to be graded on the playoffs. we are supposed to make the playoffs and everything happening right now is a prelude to that. if we are badly beaten in round one, then casey might be on the hot seat but until then he has done nothing but improve this team every year.
                      our team has had better seasons every year because our talent and depth have improved largely because of our GM.
                      he hasn't changed much or put a groundbreaking that makes the players look good because of him lol.

                      i am judging casey how he handles game to game, if his players are taking bad shots what he does, if the opposition is going small ball, what does he do, etc..

                      it looks like he plays catchup with the other team's coach: kidd put joe johnson in the post, casey no answer. suns run small ball, casey no answer. ive rarely seen times when we use our versatile talent to our advantage, and this is what is holding back this squad.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Some of you guys overrate this roster so much.

                        Coach that Raptors will go for if MU decides to change it up, will be somebody we don't know yet. Some assistant coach with potential.

                        oh and whoever this new coach is, people will still find ways to criticize him so
                        Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Jan 5th, 2015, 08:27 PM.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          2kfeen wrote: View Post
                          our team has had better seasons every year because our talent and depth have improved largely because of our GM.
                          he hasn't changed much or put a groundbreaking that makes the players look good because of him lol.

                          i am judging casey how he handles game to game, if his players are taking bad shots what he does, if the opposition is going small ball, what does he do, etc..

                          it looks like he plays catchup with the other team's coach: kidd put joe johnson in the post, casey no answer. suns run small ball, casey no answer. ive rarely seen times when we use our versatile talent to our advantage, and this is what is holding back this squad.

                          so those players taking bad shots are his fault but those same players having better year on year production and the team having a better record are the players just getting better.

                          that would work the same for any coach.

                          i would also argue we won the first game against the suns this year, with casey as coach.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Some of you guys overrate this roster so much.

                            Coach that Raptors will go for if MU decides to change it up, will be somebody we don't know yet. Some assistant coach with potential.

                            oh and whoever this new coach is, people will still find ways to criticize him so
                            i agree with this. except the certainty that a new coach is coming. everyone from masai to the players have said this is still a growing team. some fans on here are expecting too much. we are one year out of the lottery.
                            Last edited by Miekenstien; Mon Jan 5th, 2015, 09:15 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This is such a disappointing topic...

                              I'm not sure why Casey gets such heat here but wow do many think "the grass is greener"..

                              If you honestly dislike Casey please name a realistic, and I mean realistic, replacement.
                              We don't have a championship roster and coach has got our guys to play hard defence. He has this team top 6 in the NBA in wins. Let Masai bring in 2 more champ level players and then judge the coaching


                              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X