Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After we inevitably let go of Casey, who should we hire next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    If they can't be moved Toronto won't be able to maximize team salary. Only players like Salmon with a team option is Jordan Hill for 2015.
    Why not? They're all expiring a so they come off the books completely. Lou's bird rights are unnecessary because as of right now I consider him a luxury, not a necessary piece to the team. He's Alan Anderson with 2 girlfriends and 0 defense
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      Why not? They're all expiring a so they come off the books completely. Lou's bird rights are unnecessary because as of right now I consider him a luxury, not a necessary piece to the team. He's Alan Anderson with 2 girlfriends and 0 defense
      They come off but their salaries aren't opening cap space. After they expire and if Amir and Lou are renounced it only opens up 18M Max but 30M in salaries come off. After filling out the roster they'll be capped, If they want to trade for Batum@12M for example they would need to swap salaries of useful roster parts even if Portland would be satisfied with picks. Without some cap slack even S&T are difficult. Garbage is useful just as ballasts that's why Orlando signed Gordon to a Salmon's type deal.

Comment

• Not sure,stick with Casey for now,let him grow with the players. However if it don't work out,George Karl would b nice,always been a fan,he has never gotten the breaks that he deserved..I like his coaching,plus he always had good things 2 say about the raptors and the fans Wasn't he hired by Musai Ujiri in Denver..
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          Not sure,stick with Casey for now,let him grow with the players. However if it don't work out,George Karl would b nice,always been a fan,he has never gotten the breaks that he deserved..I like his coaching,plus he always had good things 2 say about the raptors and the fans Wasn't he hired by Musai Ujiri in Denver..
          Karl doesn't work with this roster, he would be just bad with the Kings.

Comment

Karl doesn't work with this roster, he would be just bad with the Kings.

U might b right,but Coach Gearge Karl is excellent coach. Like I said stick with Casey for now.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
              U might b right,but Coach Gearge Karl is excellent coach. Like I said stick with Casey for now.
              Ironically, he would work with the Nuggets roster. Lots of shooter and forwards that can run.

Comment

Ironically, he would work with the Nuggets roster. Lots of shooter and forwards that can run.
                Not really ironic - that roster was custom built by Masai precisely to fit with Karl.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Not really ironic - that roster was custom built by Masai precisely to fit with Karl.
                  Yup then fired. Firing him with that roster wasn't going to work and neither is bringing in Shaw.

Comment

• I say we sell high on Lou Will - for anything. A pick, a young player, something putting up less stats right now but more consistent.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
                      I say we sell high on Lou Will - for anything. A pick, a young player, something putting up less stats right now but more consistent.
                      Wanted to move him to Houston for something to flip for Hrkless, Nicholson and Ridnour.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
                        Casey is a stepping stone in this franchise.
                        He's a good motivator and has heart. He got his players to buy into pound the rock and his players really respect him.
                        However, at best he's a Mark Jackson kind of person - good personality, well-respected but little x and o basketball system.
                        He IS Mark Jackson, well at least in the exact same situation.
                        • Hired during 5 year playoff droughts
                        • Improved defense year-to-year after being ranked bottom 3 in efficiency
                        • Improves W/L record gradually year-to-year
                        • Puts league on notice with a high 40s win campaign; follows up with 50+ next season (most likely)
                        • Unsure of how to use their wing with loads of potential (Barnes and Ross)
                        • SG playing well but not to best of abilities (Klay and DD)
                        • Star PG gets snubbed from AS game during breakout season but perception of said player goes from good to great (Steph and Kyle)
                        • Over-reliance on ISO plays but still managing to score a ton of points because of the talent on the roster
                        • Maxed out potential of system

Holy shit, all we need to do is hire a PG head coach (Nash anyone?) and we could be looking at title contention.

Comment

• It's just homer to say that we have as much talent as GSW and our only problem is the coach. I don't see this current roster as a contender, no matter the coach.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            It's just homer to say that we have as much talent as GSW and our only problem is the coach. I don't see this current roster as a contender, no matter the coach.
                            of course, we'll need a couple of more moves before we hit contention status. all i'm saying is that we haven't reached our potential as a team under Case. similar to how GS couldn't under Mark Jackson

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                              of course, we'll need a couple of more moves before we hit contention status. all i'm saying is that we haven't reached our potential as a team under Case. similar to how GS couldn't under Mark Jackson
                              and what's that potential?
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                and what's that potential?
                                Consistent top ten offense and defense. East Finals without more talent

Right now with Casey I see a first round exit. Second round tops

Comment

Working...
                                X