Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After we inevitably let go of Casey, who should we hire next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    of course, we'll need a couple of more moves before we hit contention status. all i'm saying is that we haven't reached our potential as a team under Case. similar to how GS couldn't under Mark Jackson
    If we could seriously upgrade at the 4 and have improvement from Ross (need a big leap from him next year) and JV... I'd like to see what that team could do. And if DD could work on his d all summer like he did his handle. Ross needs to add strength. He needs to take that very seriously over the summer, like DD did a few years back.

I too think we'll need a coaching change to reach the next level. If we could make conference finals this year (would take some luck not facing Chicago until then) I'd be very happy. And I'd be in to adding Garnett in the short term if he's available.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Consistent top ten offense and defense. East Finals without more talent

Right now with Casey I see a first round exit. Second round tops
      Second round is the ceiling of this roster imo. This team wasn't a good defensive team last year and they aren't good team this year. If we get 4th seed and Cleveland gets 5th. Then it's first round exit.

We need to a lot more than DD shooting 40%FG and being our leading scorer and glass ankles Amir being our defensive anchor.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        and what's that potential?
        OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Consistent top ten offense and defense. East Finals without more talent

Right now with Casey I see a first round exit. Second round tops
        This

big boi wrote: View Post
        If we could seriously upgrade at the 4 and have improvement from Ross (need a big leap from him next year) and JV... I'd like to see what that team could do. And if DD could work on his d all summer like he did his handle. Ross needs to add strength. He needs to take that very seriously over the summer, like DD did a few years back.
        Hate how some people are giving up on Ross already. He could be one of the most highly coveted role players if he gets his shit together.

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Second round is the ceiling of this roster imo. This team wasn't a good defensive team last year and they aren't good team this year. If we get 4th seed and Cleveland gets 5th. Then it's first round exit.

We need to a lot more than DD shooting 40%FG and being our leading scorer and glass ankles Amir being our defensive anchor.
        We were 10th in Defensive Rating and 7th in Points Allowed last season. Also held opponents to 44% shooting without a serious rim protector. This team can really make some great plays defensively. Our sets need some work though. DeMar's absence shouldn't have plummeted our defense this much.

And another thing you mentioned about DD, being a 40% scorer. That's exactly what I've been saying with Casey. He doesn't maximize potential. Looks at how efficiently DD was scoring under Triano and compare it to how he was scoring the following seasons. If he got to the line as much and played as many minutes as now, he'd be a 20ppg scorer in his second season.

Comment

This

Hate how some people are giving up on Ross already. He could be one of the most highly coveted role players if he gets his shit together.

We were 10th in Defensive Rating and 7th in Points Allowed last season. Also held opponents to 44% shooting without a serious rim protector. This team can really make some great plays defensively. Our sets need some work though. DeMar's absence shouldn't have plummeted our defense this much.

And another thing you mentioned about DD, being a 40% scorer. That's exactly what I've been saying with Casey. He doesn't maximize potential. Looks at how efficiently DD was scoring under Triano and compare it to how he was scoring the following seasons. If he got to the line as much and played as many minutes as now, he'd be a 20ppg scorer in his second season.
          That 10th defensive rating is inflated by one hot month of good defense. Last few months defense was horrible and right before playoffs it was bad. Never got better in playoffs either.
          Under Triano Derozan was 4th option as he should be.

Comment

I can see us getting swept by Cleveland.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

That 10th defensive rating is inflated by one hot month of good defense.
              And don't you think with the right coaching we could make our D even more consistent? The warriors were managing to play great D even with Bogut injured.

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Under Triano Derozan was 4th option as he should be.
              Derozan as a 4th option? Jeez, what do you have against him? And I was talking about his sophmore year. He was a second option behind bargnani and a primary when bargs was out with his (usual) injuries. DD still shot 47% that year because he was in a system that used his offensive talents well enough.

Comment

And don't you think with the right coaching we could make our D even more consistent? The warriors were managing to play great D even with Bogut injured.

Derozan as a 4th option? Jeez, what do you have against him? And I was talking about his sophmore year. He was a second option behind bargnani and a primary when bargs was out with his (usual) injuries. DD still shot 47% that year because he was in a system that used his offensive talents well enough.
                Maybe our pick and roll offense can be changed to ICE or switch but individual defense is still weakness of this team. If we are forced to double we will be exploited especially against playoff teams.

Comment

Maybe our pick and roll offense can be changed to ICE or switch but individual defense is still weakness of this team. If we are forced to double we will be exploited especially against playoff teams.
                  Raptors Republic breaks down the defensive scheme not fitting the roster. Funny but using Lowry , Ross, JJ or Lowry, DD and JJ might be able to defend that way but running the same scheme with our second unit is suicide especially with no rim protection.

Comment

Working...
                  X