Who's gone at the trade deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Dude its mind boggling how wrong you are. Please tell me you're trolling, how does pretty much the best 6th man in the league not affect the win-loss record of our team? Wtf are you on man lol
    Its the East. Toronto beats NYK, Philly and the rest without Lou and can't beat Chicago, or good Western teams with him. He doesn't matter. Toronto can win 50+ without Lou and aren't good enough with him to beat good teams.

Comment

Sometimes I don't know what to think when there are some people who are looking for a guy to put us over the top right away... Talking about going for a west or something and give up Lou for a vet? I mean last year we were talking about tearing it down and going for a top pick. That's some fast rebuild.

I just don't see any player that we can get for what we can give that would put us over the top, and allow for future contention. It just won't happen. I think the team as is could be an ECF contender on a good day and a second round out on a bad one.

If anything I would be happy to see us give away Lou for a late first/prospect and an expiring, because even then I'm pretty sure we could still give anyone a run for their money in the second round. Unless a crazy deal passes Ujiri's desk I just don't see him making a push. I think he'll be more than happy to play with the extra salary he'll have from our expiring's.

So I guess if anyone is going to be gone it'll be TH or Lou but I don't see much salary coming back, unless it's an expiring/prospect PG or SF/2nd round draft or late 1st. I expect it'll be a whole lot of no trading for the raps though. I think Ujiri likes to use his cap space, the other GMs probably don't play nice with him any more anyway.
      Last edited by Bandit; Tue Jan 6, 2015, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Uh, Scola was WAY better than Hansbrough when he was dealt.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Uh, Scola was WAY better than Hansbrough when he was dealt.
          And about the same on the Pacers. They are pretty even in terms of what they add.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            And about the same on the Pacers. They are pretty even in terms of what they add.
            Now, yes. But now, Scola has nowhere near the value he did when traded, which I thought was the entire point of the comparison.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Now, yes. But now, Scola has nowhere near the value he did when traded, which I thought was the entire point of the comparison.
              Pacers overpayed but Scola and TH are still the same type of players value wise. Undersized bigs with a little low post scoring and rebounding off the bench. Probably fetch an OK prospect or a late first or both depending on need. Maybe Harkless from Orlando if they have playoff dreams.

Comment

Pacers overpayed but Scola and TH are still the same type of players value wise. Undersized bigs with a little low post scoring and rebounding off the bench. Probably fetch an OK prospect or a late first or both depending on need. Maybe Harkless from Orlando if they have playoff dreams.

or Nah

Comment

Can we waive Landry?

Comment

TH serves the same purpose and is better than Scola was. Bench scoring big who can grab offensive rebounds. Scola netted Green, Plumlee and a very late first. Not saying it'll be comparable but PHX, NO and OKC are all fighting for eigth and have no intention of being in the lottery. Other teams may just want to seed higher to avoid GSW second round. TH is cheaper than Bass and easier to fit under the cap or trade for.
                    Nope. Nope. Nope. No. Nah.

Was it the 18 and 8 year that dictated that? Or how about the 15.5 and 6.5 the year he got traded? Or maybe the fact that Scola's career low was 7.6ppg and Hansbrough's career high was 11ppg?

Comment

Honestly I think no one will be gone this season.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        Nope. Nope. Nope. No. Nah.

Was it the 18 and 8 year that dictated that? Or how about the 15.5 and 6.5 the year he got traded? Or maybe the fact that Scola's career low was 7.6ppg and Hansbrough's career high was 11ppg?
                        Adjust Per 36. They were pretty close.

Comment

Adjust Per 36. They were pretty close.
                          Nope that's not how you use that stat. Hansbrough's career high in minutes is 22 minutes and he came off the bench for 295/338 of his career games (he played against bench players). Hansbrough's per 36 numbers would mean playing the other team's starters and his numbers would suffer.

Scola played 31 and 32 minutes per game the two years I mentioned. He's came off the bench in only 159/586 games. He also started every single game the two years I mentioned.

All of this without even mentioning that he was a dominant international player and that also raised his value. AND Green and Plumlee's play were much better than expected, especially Green who was in the most improved conversation.

Your argument was wrong because you didn't really know what you were talking about and now you're just arguing to try to prove you did.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            Nope that's not how you use that stat. Hansbrough's career high in minutes is 22 minutes and he came off the bench for 295/338 of his career games (he played against bench players). Hansbrough's per 36 numbers would mean playing the other team's starters and his numbers would suffer.

Scola played 31 and 32 minutes per game the two years I mentioned. He's came off the bench in only 159/586 games. He also started every single game the two years I mentioned.

All of this without even mentioning that he was a dominant international player and that also raised his value. AND Green and Plumlee's play were much better than expected, especially Green who was in the most improved conversation.

Your argument was wrong because you didn't really know what you were talking about and now you're just arguing to try to prove you did.
                            No, it wasa bad trade because Scola would have taken TH rotation spot so you have to compare per 36. They overpaid for essentially a guy they had already at half the price.

Comment

No, it wasa bad trade because Scola would have taken TH rotation spot so you have to compare per 36. They overpaid for essentially a guy they had already at half the price.
                              The reverse isnt true projecting per 36 on a guy that plays 10 minutes is useless.

Comment

I'm gonna stop arguing. You're wrong on so many levels that I figure it's impossible to make you get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X