Who's gone at the trade deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Cleveland turned Waiters, a 1st and cap filler into Shumpert, Smith and Mosgov.
    And yet they still won't contend in the East.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
      And yet they still won't contend in the East.
      You haven't even seen their new team play yet..

I hope that they stay where they are but I definitely think they're moving up after this

Comment

You haven't even seen their new team play yet..

I hope that they stay where they are but I definitely think they're moving up after this
        I don't think Smith or Shump will contribute much.... Kyrie is still Kyrie, and Lebron can't pass the ball all the time.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cleveland turned Waiters, a 1st and cap filler into Shumpert, Smith and Mosgov.
          Check that as 2 first rounders, per ESPN.

Seems a bit much. I thought Waiters had higher potential, but his attitude may have affected his value. That new Cleveland team wouldn't scare me much as a West contender, maybe a bit more against the Raps

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
            Check that as 2 first rounders, per ESPN.

Seems a bit much. I thought Waiters had higher potential, but his attitude may have affected his value. That new Cleveland team wouldn't scare me much as a West contender, maybe a bit more against the Raps
            They received one from the waiters trade, that's one of the two they gave up. So net they only gave up one.

Comment

Did not know where to ask my question and this is definitively not the place but anyway. Last year we traded Salmons on draft night or something like that (the season was over that's my point).

Were we able to do this only because he had a team option on his contract?

My question is, would it be possible to do the same with guys like Fields, Hayes and Hansbrough this year or not?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                Did not know where to ask my question and this is definitively not the place but anyway. Last year we traded Salmons on draft night or something like that (the season was over that's my point).

My question is, would it be possible to do the same with guys like Fields, Hayes and Hansbrough this year or not?
                Nope, not the same. The guys you mentioned are expiring. Salmons had a non-guaranteed contract for THIS year, which included a $1M buyout. They were able to trade him as a $7M contract (to balance salary in a trade), but then Atlanta was able to free up 6 of the 7M cap space his contract took up, by buying him out.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post

All our exprings are use them or lose them at the trade deadline.

Comment

I think the Cavs made lateral moves. Smith and Shump have both been injured and struggling all year - wouldn't be surprised to see them both have down seasons straight through. It's tough to recover from nagging injury issues mid-season. Mosgov doesn't even compensate for the loss of Varejao, who was a much better big when healthy. They're really grasping at straws with these moves and caving to external pressure. Miami did not make mid-season panic trades and dump prospects and picks during their first Big Three season, even while they struggled and faced tough expectation questions all season long. That's the difference between having Pat Riley run the show and having Dan Gilbert meddle with things.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      I think the Cavs made lateral moves. Smith and Shump have both been injured and struggling all year - wouldn't be surprised to see them both have down seasons straight through. It's tough to recover from nagging injury issues mid-season. Mosgov doesn't even compensate for the loss of Varejao, who was a much better big when healthy. They're really grasping at straws with these moves and caving to external pressure. Miami did not make mid-season panic trades and dump prospects and picks during their first Big Three season, even while they struggled and faced tough expectation questions all season long. That's the difference between having Pat Riley run the show and having Dan Gilbert meddle with things.
                      Cavs have already enter the luxury tax with these moves and will probably throw money at Love. It has a BKN vibe to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X