Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Denver Nuggets considering cancelling morning shootaround

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...222545448.html

Nuggets coach Brian Shaw and the decision-makers in the team's front office are experimenting with abolishing the traditional shootaround as we know it. It would be replaced by players getting to the arena an hour earlier than usual — around 3 p.m. for a 7 p.m. game — and going through opponent preparation then.
    Thoughts? I like it. Sleep > shooting around aimlessly.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Interesting.

But I'm willing to let Denver experiment and see if there are any noticeable changes before implementing it here. With such a "deep bench" (and with DeRozan returning) fatigue shouldn't be a big concern for us.

Comment

I read somewhere that Alex McKenchie doesn't like shootarounds either. Traditionally they are seen as warm up and get into groove type of thing but he concluded that it's just unnecessary toll on your knees.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I've never understood the idea of an early shootaround, followed by a nap. To me, I always feel sluggish after a nap. I think providing the players with a single longer sleep, with a similar pre-game warm-up closer to game time, would be a more efficient approach.

The one line in the article that I didn't agree with, was when the writer compared the Nuggets' approach to waking up just before work starts. Letting the players sleep longer and starting pre-game warm-up an hour earlier doesn't necessarily mean they'll sleep until as close to 3pm as possible. It just means they get a better night's sleep all in a single chunk of time. They can get up at their leisure and have some personal time prior to heading to the arena an hour earlier than normal.

Comment

I think we already did something like this ... or did in the past, where I think they just made shoot arounds 'optional'.

Comment

caseys last interview said they havent had morning shootaround for over 2 years now.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              I think we already did something like this ... or did in the past, where I think they just made shoot arounds 'optional'.
              Guys like Bruno and Novak when he was here took advantage of extra court time at home to work on shooting. Demar does too whenever they mention him coming in early for a morning workout. Isn't this why they are building the practice facility.

Comment

Working...
              X