X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    You would think with 3 days off, the Raptors would have better effort coming into this game. Just a sad day to be a Raptor fan.

On the bright side, the Raptors are still getting that Atlantic banner again this year. Deron is out indefinitely with some type of rib fracture.
    Raps were best team in the NBA with 2+ days of rest this season. They were due of "rest" stinker. For some reason, NBA teams lose their rhythm quite fast. Strange.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    You would think with 3 days off, the Raptors would have better effort coming into this game. Just a sad day to be a Raptor fan.

On the bright side, the Raptors are still getting that Atlantic banner again this year. Deron is out indefinitely with some type of rib fracture.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    *Looks at Ross*

And from the other side of his mouth he says this...

“I wouldn’t say disappointing,” Casey said, measuring his words. “You’re disappointed when you don’t have the energy, when you’re flat. Again, I don’t think it’s the guys from lack of trying or working
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...r_griffin.html

Casey's looking a bit like deer-in-the-headlights right now. Teams have caught on how to beat the Raps strategies on both offense and defense. Don't know how many times we saw guys waltz down the lane last night, just like Zach Lowe called it.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...s-master-plan/

Teams are getting smarter about attacking Toronto’s defense. That play4 is designed to manipulate Toronto’s defense exactly as it does and to produce that easy look for Barnes. More teams are clearing one side of the floor for simple two-man actions like this Jimmy Butler/Noah pick-and-roll, knowing Toronto will guide them toward the pick and surrender the middle
    :

Adapt or Perish!

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Jangles wrote: View Post
    Interesting.. So they went away from JV because he was only 3/9? Didnt our guards shoot a combined 18/55 (32.7%) last night?
    The team is a walking contradiction with double standards galore.

Based on the demeanour and lack of visible effort, I am starting to wonder if Casey has lost a good portion of the locker room.

Leave a comment:

• Jangles
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    They tried that to start the game JV went 3-9. Should we of posted Amir up?
    Interesting.. So they went away from JV because he was only 3/9? Didnt our guards shoot a combined 18/55 (32.7%) last night?

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Shot selection, shot selection, shot selection! Has anyone on the coaching staff ever heard of it? So frustrating to watch 48 minutes of chucking.

I'm curious to find out how many times we attempted a shot without any other players touching the ball.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    I fell asleep just before 2nd Q started. Lucky me.
    Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 9, 2015, 08:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Casey has been found out.

He better adapt or watch the ship go down in flames.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    And as I said the defense wasn't going to get any better. Thank God I missed yet another crappy game. Someone call me when this team decides they want to play like they care again, because I'm gonna take a little break from them. They are way too frustrating and inconsistent at this point. I thought these days were over but I thought too soon I guess.
    Its baffling that Lowry, Lou, GV on the perimeter and 2Pat and TH protecting the rim isn't a great defensive lineup. On paper it should be stifling.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    And as I said the defense wasn't going to get any better. Thank God I missed yet another crappy game. Someone call me when this team decides they want to play like they care again, because I'm gonna take a little break from them. They are way too frustrating and inconsistent at this point. I thought these days were over but I thought too soon I guess.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Whose blaming JV? Im just saying the players were out played
    they were outplayed for 3rd straight game. Brutally and all teams are doing the same stuff, beating on the perimeter, driving and taking an semi contested shot or dishing it to frontcourt... It's so OBVIOUS and frustrating that there are not adjustments. If teams are capable of solving Caseys defense in 4 games and throughout these losses, there seems to be no adjustments, it speaks A LOT about Caseys capabilities, when it comes to actual coaching.

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    He always plays like garbage
    Ross does not always play like garbage. This is a bad run. But we should have some perspective. Just as we aren't as good as we may have appeared a little while ago, we also aren't as bad as we appear right now. Ross is not the finished article. Not even close. Hopefully they pick it up when Demar gets back and start clicking again. I agree that Casey has been very frustrating. And the lack of patience w JV is ridiculous. Only thing with JJ, not saying it's right, but I think they are worried about him losing sight of his role in this team (particular wen Demar returns) if he is played starters mins. I really like JJ's game too. He competes hard and has a solid 2 way game

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    I'm glad I was busy tonight because if I watched this mess I'd probably be apoplectic right now. Good grief.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    I'm not gonna go into games expecting a win anymore.

That way I won't feel disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Who hates Ross? i say it the way i see it. The guy played like shit tonight.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X