Game #35: Charlotte Hornets 103 - Toronto Raptors 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    They tried that to start the game JV went 3-9. Should we of posted Amir up?
    Interesting.. So they went away from JV because he was only 3/9? Didnt our guards shoot a combined 18/55 (32.7%) last night?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      Interesting.. So they went away from JV because he was only 3/9? Didnt our guards shoot a combined 18/55 (32.7%) last night?
      The team is a walking contradiction with double standards galore.

Based on the demeanour and lack of visible effort, I am starting to wonder if Casey has lost a good portion of the locker room.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        *Looks at Ross*

And from the other side of his mouth he says this...

“I wouldn’t say disappointing,” Casey said, measuring his words. “You’re disappointed when you don’t have the energy, when you’re flat. Again, I don’t think it’s the guys from lack of trying or working
        http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...r_griffin.html

Casey's looking a bit like deer-in-the-headlights right now. Teams have caught on how to beat the Raps strategies on both offense and defense. Don't know how many times we saw guys waltz down the lane last night, just like Zach Lowe called it.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...s-master-plan/

Teams are getting smarter about attacking Toronto’s defense. That play4 is designed to manipulate Toronto’s defense exactly as it does and to produce that easy look for Barnes. More teams are clearing one side of the floor for simple two-man actions like this Jimmy Butler/Noah pick-and-roll, knowing Toronto will guide them toward the pick and surrender the middle
        :

Adapt or Perish!

Comment

• You would think with 3 days off, the Raptors would have better effort coming into this game. Just a sad day to be a Raptor fan.

On the bright side, the Raptors are still getting that Atlantic banner again this year. Deron is out indefinitely with some type of rib fracture.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            You would think with 3 days off, the Raptors would have better effort coming into this game. Just a sad day to be a Raptor fan.

On the bright side, the Raptors are still getting that Atlantic banner again this year. Deron is out indefinitely with some type of rib fracture.
            Raps were best team in the NBA with 2+ days of rest this season. They were due of "rest" stinker. For some reason, NBA teams lose their rhythm quite fast. Strange.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I've got him in my keeper league.

Bitter sweet

Comment

• Every team goes through a rough patch. Teams have figured out how to stop the raptors offensive with out its best offensive weapon what a surprise. I said it right when Debo went down. That it would tough and humbling. You can't take out an All-star expect to continue at the same rate. After playing like an MVP in December Lowry is fatigued. He need his backcourt mate to take some pressure off him.

I'm not going to start panicking until DD is back and than we start losing. Just hope this game doesn't make him rush back.
                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Jan 9, 2015, 11:45 AM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Lowry is tired. Need DD back asap.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                    And JV is your young franchise centre, whose development is fundemental to the future success and rise of this team. Who by the way was taking good shots, that just weren't going down. I have no problem w JV's shot selection, more than I can say for most of our players.

Comment

• Casey needs to show some actual coaching now.

Also, DD needs to come back ASAP.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        Casey needs to show some actual coaching now.

Also, DD needs to come back ASAP.
                        With Demar its the same chucking only inside the arc. This isn a personnel problem but a strategy problem. Its ugly basketball.

Comment

• Maybe JV was benched because he was exhausted from running up and down the court doing springs, while wings were chucking up shots with 15+ seconds left on the shot-clock, leading to long rebounds and fast breaks... or from constantly having to close-out on 3pt shots, after Charlotte successfully exploited DC's help-happy defensive rotations. It was a travesty of a game from start to finish.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Maybe JV was benched because he was exhausted from running up and down the court doing springs, while wings were chucking up shots with 15+ seconds left on the shot-clock, leading to long rebounds and fast breaks... or from constantly having to close-out on 3pt shots, after Charlotte successfully exploited DC's help-happy defensive rotations. It was a travesty of a game from start to finish.
                            Admirable attempt at getting this thread back on track. But it won't work.

Tiger uppercut!

Comment

• I'm really afraid that nothing is going to change in terms of how the team goes about things. It'll definitely work on some nights, but that doesn't mean it's not an issue. Wins will feel bittersweet if the team continues to win them in uninspiring ways.
                              OG is our king

Comment

• Lol

OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X