No announcement yet.

New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors - Friday Jan 6th 7:30et

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks's first road game in TO since 2015.

Wow. This team is in freefall.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Raps have this habit of falling behind a ton early and clawing back to make it look respectable in another L

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Makes zero sense. And can’t advance the ball now.
        And if we won the coaches challenge, Knicks would still get the ball and run more clock. Once again, I'm proposing we have an intervention to take the coaches challenge away from Nurse.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Read the tweet again.
          ' not NBA caliber offence'

I mean, it's kinda harsh but Barnes can't shoot, he consistently misses bunnies just like the last possession there, he does a lot of Magic Johnson passes that goes nowhere.....so yeah his offense is not NBA caliber.

Again, nobody's expecting him to have a VC type superstar leap his second year, I wasn't even expecting him to have an all star type leap. My expectation was be better than last year. He has regressed big time. There's a reason why you hear a lot of MCW jokes.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I mean, it's kinda harsh but Barnes can't shoot, he consistently misses bunnies just like the last possession there, he does a lot of Magic Johnson passes that goes nowhere.....so yeah his offense is not NBA caliber.

Again, nobody's expecting him to have a VC type superstar leap his second year, I wasn't even expecting him to have an all star type leap. My expectation was be better than last year. He has regressed big time. There's a reason why you hear a lot of MCW jokes.
            Nick Nurse player development school is working wonders.

Comment

I agree.
              Scottie is struggling.
              But he is a 2nd yr player,
              Why treat him this harsh?
              What is the point?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

One of the reasons why I want to see them trade one of OG or PS besides the obvious is I think it would open a lot of things for Barnes. Maybe he needs the ball more, maybe he's not comfortable playing C? and to be fair he shouldn't be playing C but with this lineup he has no choice.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

He’s playing center on defence then he’s defending point guards. Then he’s a PG on offence, nope, now he’s the center. There is way too much going on with him.

Comment

• I love this team but...this was the Knicks without RJ. I don't know that we're making a deep run. Might be worth taking a shot at the ping pong balls.
                    JClaw has spoken

Comment

One of the reasons why I want to see them trade one of OG or PS besides the obvious is I think it would open a lot of things for Barnes. Maybe he needs the ball more, maybe he's not comfortable playing C? and to be fair he shouldn't be playing C but with this lineup he has no choice.
                      Yeah I don’t blame Scottie at all. Everyone’s role seems to be in flux thanks to the construction of the roster.

Comment

For the umpteenth time.... Nurse doesn't want a traditional C. They want a mobile guy who can execute his myriad of switching and pressure D schemes. Or, if we can find a HoF IQ guy like pre-washed Gasol... that'll work too.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

He’s playing center on defence then he’s defending point guards. Then he’s a PG on offence, nope, now he’s the center. There is way too much going on with him.
                          Nick said they should be versatile, interchangeable.
                          Like Fred and Gary being able to guard 7 foot centers.
                          Soooo weird.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            I love this team but...this was the Knicks without RJ. I don't know that we're making a deep run. Might be worth taking a shot at the ping pong balls.
                            JClaw has spoken
                            I can’t see any meaningful reason for us not to tank at this point. We have two major expirings, a mismatched timeline, and a crappy record.

Really hope that Masai and Bobby are proactive and we don’t end up with another Kyle at the deadline scenario where nothing happens.

Comment

For the umpteenth time.... Nurse doesn't want a traditional C. They want a mobile guy who can execute his myriad of switching and pressure D schemes. Or, if we can find a HoF IQ guy like pre-washed Gasol... that'll work too.
                              I am afraid he will be gone coaching in europe before that happens.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

I can’t see any meaningful reason for us not to tank at this point. We have two major expirings, a mismatched timeline, and a crappy record.

Really hope that Masai and Bobby are proactive and we don’t end up with another Kyle at the deadline scenario where nothing happens.
                                We gotta sell high on Trent, trade one of OG or PS, and IF there's a market for Fred....trade him too.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X