Vs Elite/Playoff teams with and w/out DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    Sorry, should have clarified... Why when Chicago loses to Utah its "meh, they just had a horrible shooting night, [they're still awesome]", but if we were to lose to Utah, or LA, or whatever, its generally much more negative. Not necessarily just talking about you, but just in general, and this segued nicely into it.

Good teams have off nights. I completely agree with you. But I can think of at least a few games where the outcome felt more that, than the "we suck at this, and this sucks, and we suck at this too" I heard around here.
    Teams unable to score happens and they lose games due to key injuries or rest. Good teams scoring 100+ points usually win since defense is usually controllable. Allowing Kobe, Gasol or Draymond Green on the boards to beat you without any answer is terrible. Or losing because the Raptors wasted multiple possessions in the last minutes against Portland and in overtime is frustrating. Throwing games and possessions away is the problem not W-L

Comment

I pointed this out above, but..
      Same arguments people used to bring down raps at start of the year. I don't remember it going over well here with many.

Comment

Fair point. But we've been one of the best teams in the League for almost (or over?) a full calendar year now .. isn't that worth anything? Lol
        No.

Win a round in the playoffs and we can talk.

It is like masai said: over half the league makes the playoffs, it isn't a big deal.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Don't forget the Casey is an idiot posts after losses. Those are always pleasurable reading.
          To be fair he gets those after wins too

😁

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

��
            We have a winner. I was wondering who'd be first to say that.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

No.

It is like masai said: over half the league makes the playoffs, it isn't a big deal.
              I like that
              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

No.

Win a round in the playoffs and we can talk.

especially in the east, when a giant shitty record can still potentially make 8 seed.

Comment

��
                  And he deserves them more often than not, IMO.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    I don't know about that. I think this team can beat Chicago. It was just one awful quarter in each game that toasted them. Also, I feel like both games they got the best possible version of a very inconsistent Bulls team. Do I think the Raptors win a 7 game series against the Bulls? No. Do I think they force it to at least 6 with DeRozan? Yeah, I do.
                    saying they "can" is different than actually doing it. The problem here is that the "one bad quarter" excuse is a recurring theme with this team, not just against the Bulls.

Comment

Any team "can" beat Chicago. Utah just did it. Brooklyn did it. Milwaukee might even do it tonight. If they don't, Bulls are gonna pass us in the standings tonight and we sink to 4th in the conference.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        Any team "can" beat Chicago. Utah just did it. Brooklyn did it. Milwaukee might even do it tonight. If they don't, Bulls are gonna pass us in the standings tonight and we sink to 4th in the conference.
                        Chicago gets 3rd seed if they beat Brooklyn and Toronto loses to Boston.

Regardless, finishing 4th is fine.. The playoffs is all about matchups anyway. One of Cleveland, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Miami, Indiana, Detroit or Charlotte will be there (including Charlotte since they are now only 2 games back of the 8th seed and are playing without Big Al or Lance).

If the Raptors face Milwaukee, Brooklyn or Indiana I think they match up well. Cleveland will be the toughest and I'd want to avoid them.. but even if they got them, it will be a close series despite the fact that they'll be playing them 8-5. I think Milwaukee will end up 5th anyway and the last time we played the Bucks the Raptors won by about 40 points.

Comment

Working...
                        X