Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we invest too much in Chemistry and Growth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Toronto as an offensive powerhouse is wrong. Offense can be padded by bench scoring but defense can't. Stats show a high scoring offense but in reality Toronto lacks true effective scoring options. They don't have go to plays that result in easy buckets which most elite teams have.
    Can't agree more with this bold. Casey thinks he's beating the analytics by using iso to draw fouls, which is all well and good... for the regular season. Against teams that have a reputation as a "physical defensive team" as well as in the playoffs the refs swallow their whistles and the Raptors can't score and get frustrated. Butler ate DeRozan's lunch that first game against the Bulls. The reason why so many game winners you see in highlights and over history are jumpers are because of two things:
    1) Teams don't let you get to the rim, they'll live with a jumper
    2) No ref is going to blow the whistle with a playoff series on the line on a layup with just a couple of seconds left.

As far as the OP, I think growth was the way to go this year, but if we see another early playoff exit with little improvement we need to make some moves. Casey's system doesn't fit our personnel, so we either need new players or a new coach.

Also, if I'm Masai I'm throwing boatloads of money at Draymond Green this summer. He is exactly what the Raps need.

Comment

BrydenB wrote: View Post
      Can't agree more with this bold. Casey thinks he's beating the analytics by using iso to draw fouls, which is all well and good... for the regular season. Against teams that have a reputation as a "physical defensive team" as well as in the playoffs the refs swallow their whistles and the Raptors can't score and get frustrated. Butler ate DeRozan's lunch that first game against the Bulls. The reason why so many game winners you see in highlights and over history are jumpers are because of two things:
      2) No ref is going to blow the whistle with a playoff series on the line on a layup with just a couple of seconds left.

As far as the OP, I think growth was the way to go this year, but if we see another early playoff exit with little improvement we need to make some moves. Casey's system doesn't fit our personnel, so we either need new players or a new coach.

Also, if I'm Masai I'm throwing boatloads of money at Draymond Green this summer. He is exactly what the Raps need.
      Toronto's strength is continuity and depth in lieu of a superstar. Without a coach to practice set plays that the players can go to on offense, continuity is wasted, Spurs look great because of go to plays they can pull out after years together. An unworkable defensive scheme means they are learning to defend poorly together. With the hockey lineups the depth is a wasted. Hawks and GSW will only improve if they can keep the core together.

Comment

BrydenB wrote: View Post

just to reiterate a point i made some time earlier, but we actually got to the line a TON in the playoffs vs brooklyn. more so than in the regular season.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Bah!

We've been through the shit times, we've had 4 months of good ball with a first round knockout, and now hopefully they get their act together and give us a series win.

They are sucking rigt now but every team has ups and downs.

This season, like casey, is a stepping stone to bigger and better things.
          Agreed. Good post.

Comment

Working...
          X