Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we invest too much in Chemistry and Growth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Nick Nurse would at least be able to get three pointer shooter open and shots. All three assistants look like they were brought in to eventually replace Casey but then the winning happened.
    pretty sure this is exactly what happened.

Comment

A lot of you guys are acting like this is a finished product. At best this is a second round playoff team, and I'm cool with that. Baby steps guys. This was never meant to be a championship team. There will be changes in the next year, don't worry.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Things are looking a little grim guys... I was so happy for a while. Now I'm scared... why can't we have nice things?
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
          A lot of you guys are acting like this is a finished product. At best this is a second round playoff team, and I'm cool with that. Baby steps guys. This was never meant to be a championship team. There will be changes in the next year, don't worry.
          Agree.

My frustration is team is not near developing for the future to max potential - a defensive system that is now known league wide combined with an offense that is comparable to And-1 mix tapes.

It is all about now and now has limited upside.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            Things are looking a little grim guys... I was so happy for a while. Now I'm scared... why can't we have nice things?
            Because you need to work for nice things.

This team hasn't earned anything yet.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Because you need to work for nice things.

This team hasn't earned anything yet.
              I mean us though. Raptors die hards. We deserve it lol I don't even know what it feels like to cheer for a contending team

Comment

Can Casey and then MU should re-evaluate everyone according.

Rudy Gay never passed the ball at all when he was here and all of a sudden in Sacramento he averages nearly 5 assists a game??

For all the time Casey apparently says they focus on defense our defense has been trash under his guidance except for a couple of months after the Rudy trade.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                  Amen. I think this coming offseason will really tell us where the team is going.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    I mean us though. Raptors die hards. We deserve it lol I don't even know what it feels like to cheer for a contending team
                    Bah!

We've been through the shit times, we've had 4 months of good ball with a first round knockout, and now hopefully they get their act together and give us a series win.

They are sucking rigt now but every team has ups and downs.

This season, like casey, is a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of baby steps posts, but I think we need to actually evaluate what those baby steps are.

To me, baby steps should involve a progression of our core players.

Val is STILL not playing fourth quarters. Ross's TS% is down and he doesn't seem to be advancing. Our defense has seriously regressed.

Lou Williams is taking the third most shots on the team, and he's an expiring. Is his contribution a baby step, or is it relatively unimportant in the larger scheme of things? Are we willing to re-sign him to another deal? Or will that end up like Greivis's deal, a short-term deal for someone who helped with recent success but is not a fundamental game-changer?

James Johnson has played very well but even he seems frustrated at getting passed over for the likes of Vasquez and Fields.

The issue with re-signing Casey is that time is passing and we aren't learning anything new about this team and its ceiling. Kyle is slightly better but he and DeMar (and Amir) are essentially at their ceiling.

I like Masai and his argument for patience but there is also a fine line between patience and wasting time. If we have another early playoff exit, what will we point to as our baby steps that we accomplished?

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        I'm seeing a lot of baby steps posts, but I think we need to actually evaluate what those baby steps are.

Val is STILL not playing fourth quarters. Ross's TS% is down and he doesn't seem to be advancing. Our defense has seriously regressed.

Lou Williams is taking the third most shots on the team, and he's an expiring. Is his contribution a baby step, or is it relatively unimportant in the larger scheme of things? Are we willing to re-sign him to another deal? Or will that end up like Greivis's deal, a short-term deal for someone who helped with recent success but is not a fundamental game-changer?

James Johnson has played very well but even he seems frustrated at getting passed over for the likes of Vasquez and Fields.

The issue with re-signing Casey is that time is passing and we aren't learning anything new about this team and its ceiling. Kyle is slightly better but he and DeMar (and Amir) are essentially at their ceiling.

I like Masai and his argument for patience but there is also a fine line between patience and wasting time. If we have another early playoff exit, what will we point to as our baby steps that we accomplished?
                        I hear everything you're saying, but part of Masai's argument has to include that progress isn't always linear. We can have an early exit, make some tweaks (including possibly a coaching change), and possibly take a bigger leap forward the following season.

Comment

The last of colangelos dead weight cleared from the books and, maybe, a new coach to go forward with.

Comment

Developing and trying to win is probably the Hardest thing to do as a GM. Masai is sticking to this formula for now it seems. IMO Ross is def trade bait. Not sure if Masai sees this. If we flip Ross 1 filler n pick for chandler we still have a couple expiring in the summer to try n convince someone. I will more support having ONE vital piece develop (JV) than having him and Ross try and develop at the same time

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Bah!

We've been through the shit times, we've had 4 months of good ball with a first round knockout, and now hopefully they get their act together and give us a series win.

They are sucking rigt now but every team has ups and downs.

This season, like casey, is a stepping stone to bigger and better things.
                              I agree, the future is still very bright

Comment

I really have to speak out against the "don't have the personnel to be a passing team" thing Casey is quoted saying.

We don't have any "black hole" players on the roster ala JR Smith. Ross, Patterson, JJ, Amir have all been great passers within the system and all move the ball very quick. Even JV busts out a nice pass when he is in a position to do so.

Of the ISO guards, Lou is at his lowest AST% of his career (11.1% vs +20% career), Vasquez is near his rookie numbers, and is at the second lowest percentage of his career, DD has massively regressed after a great summer where he was a facilitator for Team USA (18% vs 12% this season). Lowry seems to be the only guy who has showed an improvement in ball movement, but he kind of has to be. Also, these 4 players are the top 4 players in USG%, bottom 4/5 in eFG%, 2 are the worst in TS%, the top 4 in most amount of shots made that are unassisted. That combination of stats is horrifying.

Concerning our roster, we can easily play a style similar to the ATL Hawks.

+1

Comment

Working...
                                X