Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Wright is available

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketb...on-birch-focus

Brandan Wright is available. Boston Celtics president Danny Ainge has informed the 6-10 center that he's on the block and should expect to be on another team. That's why Wright had a head-scratching DNP this week on a team that could use his skill set. The Wizards would have to execute a trade to bring him on board and he has an expiring contract that pays $5 million. Given Boston's point-guard situation -- traded Rajon Rondo and now Marcus Smart is learning the job and Evan Turner isn't a natural at distributing -- they believe that Wright doesn't fit despite 72.4% field-goal shooting. Wright running the floor with John Wall or in the half-court with Andre Miller? Still not likely, but it would make for a fantastic highlight reel. A big who can step out to slow down the pick-and-roll like Wright's old teammate, Tyson Chandler of the Mavericks, and recover to shade the rim is invaluable. The Wizards would have to match salary but players of this caliber aren't expected to be available because the demand far outweighs the supply.
    i like Wright a lot and think he fits in with the team exceptionally well. He's the type of rim protection/p&r contributor we need and would help preserve Amir. Thoughts?

Not sure what it'd take to pry him loose but if they're looking for point guards maybe Vasquez?
    @sweatpantsjer

If they're willing to take Vasquez I'd do it in a heartbeat. Hell I'd throw in THans or the 2015 first.

We'd have a backup PG hole then, so maybe a third team is needed to address that? Denver gets a first for Nate Rob? I
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      If they're willing to take Vasquez I'd do it in a heartbeat. Hell I'd throw in THans or the 2015 first.

We'd have a backup PG hole then, so maybe a third team is needed to address that? Denver gets a first for Nate Rob? I
      Ridnour would be available. There always Calderon.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Ridnour would be available. There always Calderon.
        I'd like ridnour, what's his salary situation? And what could he realistically be had for? Don't think he's worth a first but don't think Orlando gives him up for less than that.

Calderon eats too much cap space. There's also Nate Wolters, who the Bucks dropped, but I'm almost positive someone will snatch him up before we can
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I'd like ridnour, what's his salary situation? And what could he realistically be had for? Don't think he's worth a first but don't think Orlando gives him up for less than that.

Calderon eats too much cap space. There's also Nate Wolters, who the Bucks dropped, but I'm almost positive someone will snatch him up before we can
          Heard Ridnour mentioned along with Harkless and Nicholson as being expendable. Lucs salary is 2/5.5 - I would take all three for the 2015 first. Its not a great draft with late picks.

Comment

If the Bucks dropped a PG I'd be wary. They need a PG.

Comment

If the Bucks dropped a PG I'd be wary. They need a PG.
              Pretty sure they dropped him to sign - get this - Kenyon Martin. Pretty sure they could've just hired him as an assistant and there'd be no difference.

Comment

Pretty sure they dropped him to sign - get this - Kenyon Martin. Pretty sure they could've just hired him as an assistant and there'd be no difference.
                Maybe the AI signing with the Cavs is real. Camby still hasn't retired I believe.

Comment

AI signing is fake.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    AI signing is fake.
                    But Camby is still available right?

Comment

But Camby is still available right?
                      Kenyon Martin signing is real? Kidd played with old Martin on the bench.

Comment

Does any deal actually make sense for the Raps?

I like Wright, but I'm not thrilled about trading 1st round picks for any rentals, let alone for a role player. That's a terrible idea, imo.

Vasquez is playing like hot garbage, so would the Celts even be interested? Then if they are, what about our PG position? Don't like some of the suggestions here. Not worth throwing assets around to get guys like Nate Robinson. Nate Wolters had a nice season last year, but has barely played this year with the clusterfuck of guards in Milwaukee...I'm all for picking him up, but as a 3rd string PG, not our backup.

Interestingly, the best option would probably be a multi-player trade with Boston....but Wright can't be packaged until mid-February, and neither can the guy I'd target, Jameer Nelson.

If we could somehow turn Vasquez, a 2nd rounder or two, and other filler (I'm looking at you, Stiemsma) into Wright and Nelson, I'd be pretty happy. But by the time that can be done, Wright's probably already been traded.

To get him on his own....I don't know what I'd give up. I'd love to give up Vasquez if we knew there was another deal in place to then address PG....Barring that, it's hard to picture anything making sense.

Comment

I like idea of getting Wright but then Casey wouldn't play JV again -and long term that is not good.

Comment

Heard Ridnour mentioned along with Harkless and Nicholson as being expendable. Lucs salary is 2/5.5 - I would take all three for the 2015 first. Its not a great draft with late picks.
                            I think Ridnour is washed up. He was physically never that gifted and he's 33. His shooting is declining (career low 3% this year). He's also not exactly a tremendous passing PG. He's now a 3rd stringer at best I think.

Now, getting all 3 for a 1st round pick wouldn't be bad....but do any of them help the team in the now? Maybe Harkless, but he'd still be down the depth chart basically taking Fields' spot. Can't see Nicholson getting minutes. And yeah, Ridnour is probably not an improvement on Vasquez (even as bad as he's been playing). To say nothing of how would we create roster space for all 3? Even if you trade a guy as salary filler, you'd still have to waive two more.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Does any deal actually make sense for the Raps?

I like Wright, but I'm not thrilled about trading 1st round picks for any rentals, let alone for a role player. That's a terrible idea, imo.

Vasquez is playing like hot garbage, so would the Celts even be interested? Then if they are, what about our PG position? Don't like some of the suggestions here. Not worth throwing assets around to get guys like Nate Robinson. Nate Wolters had a nice season last year, but has barely played this year with the clusterfuck of guards in Milwaukee...I'm all for picking him up, but as a 3rd string PG, not our backup.

Interestingly, the best option would probably be a multi-player trade with Boston....but Wright can't be packaged until mid-February, and neither can the guy I'd target, Jameer Nelson.

If we could somehow turn Vasquez, a 2nd rounder or two, and other filler (I'm looking at you, Stiemsma) into Wright and Nelson, I'd be pretty happy. But by the time that can be done, Wright's probably already been traded.

To get him on his own....I don't know what I'd give up. I'd love to give up Vasquez if we knew there was another deal in place to then address PG....Barring that, it's hard to picture anything making sense.
                              A bigger trade could be done as two simultaneous trades, one being a trade for Wright straight-up. I agree that I wouldn't want to surrender a 1st round pick, but expiring contracts (Hansbrough/Hayes/Fields/Stiemsma) and a 2nd round pick (or two) wouldn't be bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X