Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"7 or 8 players" - So who was Casey calling out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "7 or 8 players" - So who was Casey calling out?

Based on his 3rd/4th quarter benching, I'm guessing Jonas.

Ross also only played 20 minutes.

And Amir only played 20 minutes. Seeing as he's perpetually injured, you have to figure it might have been that. But I've also noticed multiple occasions this year where he'll just give up on a play and basically leave the other big to guard/box out against two players. So maybe he's getting a message too.

All this said, I only watched about 25% of that crapfest last night, so I don't have a great idea of what went down.

Also: was this only about last night? Or is it something that's been building for multiple games now?
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

JV or Ross. Don't be surprised if JV is benched the following games.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

God I hate Casey so much.

Comment

I think he was calling out everyone. No one played well (well, JV and JJ were solid) and he needs a rotation-full of guys playing well (7 or 8 guys).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Everybody but Lowry, Lou and GV. If you aren't chucking you aren't trying.

Comment

Ugh! I can't wait until Casey is gone. We need a coach like Atlanta's coach. Someone who puts an emphasis on ball movement. This ISO thing is getting really really bad.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
              Ugh! I can't wait until Casey is gone. We need a coach like Atlanta's coach. Someone who puts an emphasis on ball movement. This ISO thing is getting really really bad.
              ISO is bad but don't understand why he doesn't even use screens. Two guys in the corner and three guys chucking isn't an offense.

Comment

Effort is CLEARLY not THE problem HERE.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Watching the raps offense brings so much resemblance to everyday pick up basketball.. You know , games at your local park.
                  No plays, just a free for all. Who ever is wet gets fed the ball until he misses .
                  2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Maybe tonight we will see little changes being made to the offence.

Comment

raptorredy wrote: View Post
                      Maybe tonight we will see little changes being made to the offence.
                      Lmao.. Wishful thinking
                      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

JJ has been solid, not sure about others.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                          Watching the raps offense brings so much resemblance to everyday pick up basketball.. You know , games at your local park.
                          No plays, just a free for all. Who ever is wet gets fed the ball until he misses .
                          And yet, since last season, there's been all this talk of "sharing the ball" (post Rudy), and stubborn defense.

What happened to all that? Why are there mixed messages coming out now? What about all that "pound the rock" stuff.

Is this just a team that's in a tired spell, or is there some deeper, structural managerial issues going on?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            ISO is bad but don't understand why he doesn't even use screens. Two guys in the corner and three guys chucking isn't an offense.
                            They set screens... sometimes
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              They set screens... sometimes
                              Gonna be a body language doctor here:

The people who generally need the screens to get open and get their shot don't seem to run off them as hard anymore.

You know when that happens, when the teammate loses trust in his teammate to pass the ball. This promotes less cutting, less ball movement, more stagnant offense, and more ISO. Vicious circle.

Comment

Working...
                              X