No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think at this point we should move GTJ to the bench or a different team and go for it. I’d still do an FVV trade because I want Scottie to move up a peg, but this starting lineup should be really good. Poeltl and Scottie are both great passers from the post, we need to be more active cutting away from the ball and the potential spacing issues can be mitigated. Defensively we could be a top 5 team the rest of the way if we start FVV/OG/Scottie/Pascal/Poeltl with GTJ, Boucher and Precious off the bench. As a biased fan I really like that lineup.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      Denver
      Dallas
      Clippers
      Memphis
      Suns

I won’t even count out the Warriors

but that could be a dogfight to get out of the West

exciting time to be a pure NBA fan
      NBA trade deadline is the best in all major sports.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

If we going to compete route we can't pay both FVV and GTJ.
        We trade one of them.
        You know, the obvious one.

Comment

• Also, outside of The Sixers, Bucks, and Celtics, there isn’t a team in the east that can matchup with this team. We’re too big and the defence will be optimized for the playoffs. Offensively we need to get a well rested Pascal, though. January Pascal will not cut it.

I still would’ve gone for the tank but it’s admirable to win and not suck on purpose.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

We trade one of them.
            You know, the obvious one.
            I don't know. Maybe management likes both of them over OG? or OG really wants out
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
              Also, outside of The Sixers, Bucks, and Celtics, there isn’t a team in the east that can matchup with this team. We’re too big and the defence will be optimized for the playoffs. Offensively we need to get a well rested Pascal, though. January Pascal will not cut it.

I still would’ve gone for the tank but it’s admirable to win and not suck on purpose.
              I am still excited on what a 100% Scottie can do in the playoffs.

Comment

• The team is solid now but this was an even more golden opportunity to tank than even the tampa year. Only difference is that year we could do it and it wasn’t in front of our fans, doubt Rogers/Bell would be happy with a tanking team at the SBC

Comment

• We’re gonna have 69.4M in the summertime to re-sign Fred, Gary and Jakob and duck the tax. Waiving Thad makes that 76.4M.

Even high end projections for all 3 (25m for GTJ, 30M for FVV, 20M for Poeltl) would fit. We’d have to make a subsequent move to fit our first round pick selection though.

Another move could easily be coming to focus on that. If we do the OG for Daniels/Murphy/Temple trade, would leave us with 78.9M(85.9M if we waive Thad) to sign FVV/GTJ/Poeltl/Rookie

Comment

• Woj’s article has a tiny tidbit about OG:

The Suns' offers weren't close to the Nets' asking price on Monday and Tuesday, and Marks kept working on possible trades to bolster the roster around Durant. The Nets pursued O.G. Anunoby in Toronto,

So the OG to BKN trade is probably dead seeing as they traded KD

Comment

• well poetlt is back plz get rid of fred fuck man i can’t stand bobby

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        Woj’s article has a tiny tidbit about OG:

The Suns' offers weren't close to the Nets' asking price on Monday and Tuesday, and Marks kept working on possible trades to bolster the roster around Durant. The Nets pursued O.G. Anunoby in Toronto,

So the OG to BKN trade is probably dead seeing as they traded KD
                        Nets already have 5 good to great 3&D guys. Cam, Crowder, Bridges, ONeale, DFS. They are the last team that needs OG.

Unless they see OG as a massive upgrade, they can effectively kill the market for OG. They need a trade to balance that roster and are loaded with valuable assets and picks.

I could see them landing Bones.

Comment

• KD got traded

Comment

• Any news on the protection of the pick? Hopefully it's heavily protected. I'm happy to get Poeltl back, but I think it's the start of a busy deadline for us. Hopefully he wants to resign here... it would be pretty shitty if he left in free agency as a fuck you for trading me the first time.

A few of our bigger names are still going to go. Fred might be on the move now that we have an old friend to keep Pascal happy.

Durant to the Suns was a fun trade. The Nets great compensation.
                            Last edited by saints91; Thu Feb 9, 2023, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              If thats all it took, I'm happy about it.

Although I think this guarantees one of the starters getting traded. Poeltl will be the new starting C, so somebody will be moving to the bench if no one else gets traded.

Now we'll have focus on paying 3 players this off-season. Woj already tweeted Raptors plan to keep Poeltl, so FVV and/or Gary may be traded as well.

Comment

• Well Jakob wasn't my first choice, but addresses our need for a shot blocking big. Now we need depth and shooting.

Comment

Working...
                                X