No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they have to look at moving Pascal too. If he’s expecting a super max extension or near it that’s pretty expensive for a team that is in this position.
    11 seeds in the conference shouldn’t offer $50mill/year extensions. Players that are worth $50 mill per year should be obvious first options that elevate their team to the playoffs.
    Sell high.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
      I think they have to look at moving Pascal too. If he’s expecting a super max extension or near it that’s pretty expensive for a team that is in this position.
      11 seeds in the conference shouldn’t offer $50mill/year extensions. Players that are worth $50 mill per year should be obvious first options that elevate their team to the playoffs.
      Sell high.
      hot take I think paying any player a super max will hamper your team especially if your team isn't 100% set and ready to compete.

Comment

I think they have to look at moving Pascal too. If he’s expecting a super max extension or near it that’s pretty expensive for a team that is in this position.
        Sell high.
        That's a tough one cause Pascal is All NBA good. You move him then you're talking a full rebuild so you probably going to move Fred and maybe OG as well. You'll have the draft assets to fully rebuild after moving those guys.

I still think we have better talent than what our record shows, but the system is running the guys into the ground. This game was a total mess.
        Last edited by LJ2; Fri Jan 20, 2023, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• fred should be moved now

Comment

• Trade everybody but Scottie for Shai. Get creative with 10 team deals. There has to be a win-win-win-…. deal in there somewhere. Lol.

Comment

Sell high.
              I've been sayin this a long time. If they don't trade him then they gotta give the max extension right? Is Siakam a super max guy? because if you're a super max guy then you're a supertar right? teams with a "superstar" player don't go on a long scoring drought every game like the Raptors because you can just give him the ball and he can create an easy scoring chance for himself. Teams with a superstar don't lose to shorthanded teams like the T-Wolves especially in a must win situation.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I've been sayin this a long time. If they don't trade him then they gotta give the max extension right? Is Siakam a super max guy? because if you're a super max guy then you're a supertar right? teams with a "superstar" player don't go on a long scoring drought every game like the Raptors because you can just give him the ball and he can create an easy scoring chance for himself. Teams with a superstar don't lose to shorthanded teams like the T-Wolves especially in a must win situation.
                Ya exactly. Offering him a $250mill plus extension would be putting us like the Beal/Washington situation. Limited cap room, good enough to not be bottom 5 but not good enough to be in the top 5 seeds in the east. Obviously we have a Scottie and Washington doesn’t. But I don’t think you give Pascal $250 mill unless you are contending. He would be a great #2 next to another superstar but he can’t score in the half court when the game slows down and be a #1.

Comment

• Someone brought this up before about the OG/Pascal/Barnes fit.. and after watching them lose a lot, it feels more prevalent. I don't know if a Scottie/Pascal duo works. Boston figured it out but both Tatum and Brown can hit 3's. So they can space the floor for each other. Pascal and Scottie both need the ball in their hands and neither are great off ball. Both are good passers and do get each other involved but it turns into an ISO game for the most part. Even if we had 3 "shooters" around them, it may not work.

I love Pascal but I'm getting a lot closer to being okay if we moved on from him. More now then I was even after the bubble season where he played like a dud. The super max isn't that big of a deal. 35% of the cap is a lot.. but we'll have a couple of rookie scale contracts around him (Scottie and the new guy from this coming draft). It's just that the fit with Scottie feels like a bigger issue.

If we can get a haul for Pascal in the summer we should go for it. I don't think that haul exists at the deadline though. Thankfully Ainge set the price tag for a swap like this.. and so we should be able to get a good return. Just have to find the right team to squeeze.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Someone brought this up before about the OG/Pascal/Barnes fit.. and after watching them lose a lot, it feels more prevalent. I don't know if a Scottie/Pascal duo works. Boston figured it out but both Tatum and Brown can hit 3's. So they can space the floor for each other. Pascal and Scottie both need the ball in their hands and neither are great off ball. Both are good passers and do get each other involved but it turns into an ISO game for the most part. Even if we had 3 "shooters" around them, it may not work.

I love Pascal but I'm getting a lot closer to being okay if we moved on from him. More now then I was even after the bubble season where he played like a dud. The super max isn't that big of a deal. 35% of the cap is a lot.. but we'll have a couple of rookie scale contracts around him (Scottie and the new guy from this coming draft). It's just that the fit with Scottie feels like a bigger issue.

If we can get a haul for Pascal in the summer we should go for it. I don't think that haul exists at the deadline though. Thankfully Ainge set the price tag for a swap like this.. and so we should be able to get a good return. Just have to find the right team to squeeze.
                    him staying is dependent on that super max

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Trade everybody but Scottie for Shai. Get creative with 10 team deals. There has to be a win-win-win-…. deal in there somewhere. Lol.
                      they have no interest in trading shai

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

they have no interest in trading shai
                        Everybody has a price. What’s the godfather offer?

Comment

• Doesn't Pascal need another all nba this season to be eligible for super max?

The way the team is playing he may not be all NBA.

Also you guys are nuts if you think there isn't a trade market for Beal on his current deal.

I'm open to trading Pascal but we absolutely do not need to.

Unless it's a Gobert type haul we keep him and he's part of a very quick rebuild. Pascal isn't the problem with this team.

Comment

• Pascal is not the problem (well, only if him hindering Scottie is one's concern). But, he will likely make an all nba team this year and as mentioned above, that's a weighty contract. Look at the list of supermax players. They're either a touch above Pascal (Giannis, Luka, Jokic, Curry) or they're "why did we do this?" (Wall, Westbrook). That said, he's a really good player and there's no guarantee that throughout this rebuild, we ever get a player better than him. Tough call

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Pascal is not the problem (well, only if him hindering Scottie is one's concern). But, he will likely make an all nba team this year and as mentioned above, that's a weighty contract. Look at the list of supermax players. They're either a touch above Pascal (Giannis, Luka, Jokic, Curry) or they're "why did we do this?" (Wall, Westbrook). That said, he's a really good player and there's no guarantee that throughout this rebuild, we ever get a player better than him. Tough call
                              We need the ball in Scottie's hands more. That's why I kept saying we need to move one of OG/Pascal.

Scottie was rolling last night. Siakam entered the game in the 4th and he just dominated the ball. I thought they should've ran more plays for Scottie -- feed the hot hand. But they went the other way so the offense went ice cold.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

We need the ball in Scottie's hands more. That's why I kept saying we need to move one of OG/Pascal.

Scottie was rolling last night. Siakam entered the game in the 4th and he just dominated the ball. I thought they should've ran more plays for Scottie -- feed the hot hand. But they went the other way so the offense went ice cold.
                                If Scottie ever becomes the main option, the offense will likely have to change. Scottie seems to be at his best when he has the ball and players are moving around off ball and he is finding them. It opens things up. Problem is the roster will have to change to match that as well. More shooting, more spacing so its easier for players to move around and cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X