Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Don't reinvent the wheel. (looking at you Masai) Barnes surrounded by Shooters that's the format.
    I like Scottie, but if we're talking about trading Pascal and the rest of the core then we better be drafting someone who will be a lot better than Scottie.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
      I still dont think OPS is the answer. Two guys with unreliable 3’s and one whos not very good at creating them for himself. Throwing in koloko isnt gonna help that. That leaves needing a steph type pg at least

we shudda traded fred by now and see how it works and evaluate by this deadline. Waiting at this point til next year we go right back to where we are now and og or pascal lose value like fred and trent. Sure big haul still but not as good as now.

fred trent and pascal trade now we get a faster start on the new blood progression

let scottie be pg thats what he wants. Build around him and OG. Get some ballers
      I think you're massively undervaluing what Pascal, OG, and Scottie do on offense and massively over rating the importance of high 3pt %.

First of all, by any metric OG is a reliable 3PT shooter. He's leading the NBA in scoring from the corner 3. Leading it. That seems pretty damn reliable to me. He's a career 37% 3PT shooter which is great, and he's still shooting above average this year in a down year. If we had a PG that passed instead of constsly hunting his own shot he'd have a better 3PT % thi season. Can't underestimate the value of a true PG setting guys up for good shots. We don't have that.

Pascal shot 37% in 2018 and 36% in 2019 when we had Lowry, a real PG. Sure seems like he could do that again if he had a real PG getting him good 3PT opportunities. Once again the major flaw in our roster is lack of PG.

Scottie is a still a work in progress but shows flashes when set up properly. He's never played with a real PG. I'd love to see him with one before we decide he's not a good 3pt shooter.

Add a real PG who can shoot the 3 and we have plenty of outside shooting. Koloko and Precious also look like that can hit open 3s. Let's get a PG to get them some.

There is also a shit ton more to offence than 3s and all of OPS excel at that. They are beasts in the pick and roll. They can dominate smaller guys in the post. Hit unblockable hook shots. If they didn't have selfish guy chucking constantly we could score a lot more efficiently utilizing their advantages.

Add a healthy Lonzo and subtract a chucking Fred and streaky Trent and I think this team is scary good on offense. Lonzo is just an example to make the point. If we trade Fred and Gary we should have lots of options at PG.

Scottie is not a PG. We need a real PG.

Comment

• How about Pascal/Birch/Flynn for Markkannen/Sexton/Olynk/2frp’s 2023? Sexton our backup pg behind scottie. Lorri can shoot. So can sexton. Decent contracts. Olynk can shoot upgrade from Birch

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          How about Pascal/Birch/Flynn for Markkannen/Sexton/Olynk/2frp’s 2023? Sexton our backup pg behind scottie. Lorri can shoot. So can sexton. Decent contracts. Olynk can shoot upgrade from Birch
          You are dealing with Danny Ainge. He'll never make move like that
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

He struck gold with Markannen. Markannen may beat out Pascal for All NBA.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think you're massively undervaluing what Pascal, OG, and Scottie do on offense and massively over rating the importance of high 3pt %.

First of all, by any metric OG is a reliable 3PT shooter. He's leading the NBA in scoring from the corner 3. Leading it. That seems pretty damn reliable to me. He's a career 37% 3PT shooter which is great, and he's still shooting above average this year in a down year. If we had a PG that passed instead of constsly hunting his own shot he'd have a better 3PT % thi season. Can't underestimate the value of a true PG setting guys up for good shots. We don't have that.

Pascal shot 37% in 2018 and 36% in 2019 when we had Lowry, a real PG. Sure seems like he could do that again if he had a real PG getting him good 3PT opportunities. Once again the major flaw in our roster is lack of PG.

Scottie is a still a work in progress but shows flashes when set up properly. He's never played with a real PG. I'd love to see him with one before we decide he's not a good 3pt shooter.

Add a real PG who can shoot the 3 and we have plenty of outside shooting. Koloko and Precious also look like that can hit open 3s. Let's get a PG to get them some.

There is also a shit ton more to offence than 3s and all of OPS excel at that. They are beasts in the pick and roll. They can dominate smaller guys in the post. Hit unblockable hook shots. If they didn't have selfish guy chucking constantly we could score a lot more efficiently utilizing their advantages.

Add a healthy Lonzo and subtract a chucking Fred and streaky Trent and I think this team is scary good on offense. Lonzo is just an example to make the point. If we trade Fred and Gary we should have lots of options at PG.

Scottie is not a PG. We need a real PG.
              I see your point a true pg would be interesting to see

Comment

Ya at most i thought maybe without the picks

Comment

• But re shooting im still not sold on pascal from deep especially when it counts. Barnes flip a coin if he’ll be a reliable deep shooter. And og i never said he wasnt reliable i said he not great at creating. 70th in the league in 3pm despite being number one fr the corner.

but ya maybe a true pg would help a lot of that it would be interesting to see

i remember the stat on how bad the team misses open shots. We’ve seen it. It could be a great pass first pg setting up the open shots
                  Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Fri Jan 20, 2023, 05:14 PM.

Comment

He struck gold with Markannen. Markannen may beat out Pascal for All NBA.
                    And Markkanen is now on a crazy good value contract, so cheapskate Ainge will never deal him. Sadly, we missed a huuuge buy low opportunity, because we believed our own hype and drank too much of our own Kool-Aid about bringing in offensively raw long defenders and being able to teach them how to shoot.

Markkanen was available late into his free agency and signed a shitty deal for himself. I remember all the posters on here were like…. “nah, we don’t want those 1-way offensive players around here. Raptors teach shooting…. blah, blah, blah.”

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And Markkanen is now on a crazy good value contract, so cheapskate Ainge will never deal him. Sadly, we missed a huuuge buy low opportunity, because we believed our own hype and drank too much of our own Kool-Aid about bringing in offensively raw long defenders and being able to teach them how to shoot.

Markkanen was available late into his free agency and signed a shitty deal for himself. I remember all the posters on here were like…. “nah, we don’t want those 1-way offensive players around here. Raptors teach shooting…. blah, blah, blah.”
                      The entire NBA slept on Markannen. Pretty amazing how great he's been unleashed as the number 1 option. I honestly don't think Masai was ever interested though.

Comment

• Several months old but interesting

https://dailyhive.com/toronto/raptor...gest-challenge

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

This seems a sensible path but getting rid of FVV is going to be a big gut check for management. We will see.
                          This teams needs a big gut check.
                          And an electric shock.
                          And a shake up.
                          And a beating heart.

How many times have you heard different players on different teams in different sports say that "if we want this group to stay togethernot broken up/traded, we have to start playing better"?

You don't hear it with this group....

I bet stories of serious discord in the locker room would filter out if they move Fred, I just do. There's something between him/Scotty/OG/Trent

Comment

• 20 days until the deadline.

Gonna be a LOOOONG 20 days.

Comment

• i said this last year scottie and OG are redundant.

i also said dowtin and banton i can live with as my point guards. they both play different and jeff doesn’t turn over the ball.

we need a outside shooting threat that demands a double team on the perimeter and doesn’t need the ball. the prototype for this player is reggie miller 6’9 runs all day if he even sees the rim when he gets the ball it’s money.

center is a must and all i want is hard screens/picks, great rebounder, great shot blocker, and plays above the rim.

fred can go too small too slow flynn can go way to small, trent can go doesn’t play defence or score well enough or from the areas we need him to score or how he should score on this team.

get those players gone get those type of players in

Comment

20 days until the deadline.

Gonna be a LOOOONG 20 days.
                                I think its a fun time. It'll be disappointing if not much happens, but its fun seeing different rumors and reports leading up to the deadline.

Comment

Working...
                                X