Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Could be wrong, but Crowder seems like the kind of primadonna wouldn’t even report to Toronto, like he didn’t in Memphis.
    Stein: Teams worried about Jae Crowder’s conditioning, ability to help this season

The Phoenix Suns want to upgrade from Jae Crowder, but other teams are worried about his conditioning

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...s-conditioning

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      Why are we getting linked with all these players who can’t shoot?

Shooting and rim protection have been our two biggest issues, why in the world would we trade OG for guys like Ziaire or Brooks who are much worse shooters
      It might be very hard to address the firepower issue at the deadline but agreed that adding more rotation players that can't shoot won't help and, let's be honest, they won't play anyway. I know some people don't like Trent but it's not going to be easy or simple to replace his scoring ability, let alone add significantly to it cause every other team in the league wants those players, too.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I agree it's odd that we'd want Poeltl considering we've been prioritizing a floor spacing Center and he's the opposite. Like you can't be interested in both Poeltl and Turner. Very very different players.
        Tactic to get the price lower?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Tactic to get the price lower?
          I think they price has already come way down on Turner from last season. Not even sure they'd get a first for him anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if he just ends up re-signing with Indy.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I think they price has already come way down on Turner from last season. Not even sure they'd get a first for him anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if he just ends up re-signing with Indy.
            Pretty sure the Lakers will throw him a nice offer and he takes that in the off-season.

Comment

• I like Poeltl but if we're trading Gary for Poeltl it would make me sad. Poeltl is young-ish (27 years) but we'd be swapping one of our only shooters for a guy who can't shoot at all. And can be redundant since we have Precious and Koloko. Plus we'd have to pay him to make the trade worth while. How much is Poeltl commanding? $20M? Give me some bench depth for that instead and get a Plumlee instead (they are much cheaper).

Comment

• Lakers will have $18M cap hold with Rui on board.. there goes their cap space. So I'm not really getting the trade to be honest. 3 seconds for what?

Comment

Pretty sure the Lakers will throw him a nice offer and he takes that in the off-season.
                  As usual I'm stumped how the lakers with lebron, Davis and Westbrook each making ~40M (171M total team) can just add whoever they want but we're always capped. Do they just go over and pay whatever tax there is?

We're paying our top three 35, 21, 17 for a total of 147M and have to trade guys because we can't re-sign them or trade guys so Fred can have a raise....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

As usual I'm stumped how the lakers with lebron, Davis and Westbrook each making ~40M (171M total team) can just add whoever they want but we're always capped. Do they just go over and pay whatever tax there is?

We're paying our top three 35, 21, 17 for a total of 147M and have to trade guys because we can't re-sign them or trade guys so Fred can have a raise....
                    Lakers only get cap space if they dump Westbrook. If they don't, then they don't get much.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I like Poeltl but if we're trading Gary for Poeltl it would make me sad. Poeltl is young-ish (27 years) but we'd be swapping one of our only shooters for a guy who can't shoot at all. And can be redundant since we have Precious and Koloko. Plus we'd have to pay him to make the trade worth while. How much is Poeltl commanding? $20M? Give me some bench depth for that instead and get a Plumlee instead (they are much cheaper).
                      I like Plumlee.
                      Can we really get him?

I agree with you re Gary.
                      Who will shoot for us if we lose him?
                      He works perfectly for Scottie and co.

Comment

I like Poeltl but if we're trading Gary for Poeltl it would make me sad. Poeltl is young-ish (27 years) but we'd be swapping one of our only shooters for a guy who can't shoot at all. And can be redundant since we have Precious and Koloko. Plus we'd have to pay him to make the trade worth while. How much is Poeltl commanding? $20M? Give me some bench depth for that instead and get a Plumlee instead (they are much cheaper).
                        Yeah, I’m right there with you.

Converting Gary into a 1st for Jakob is a losing trade for the Raptors, considering both player’s league wide value and subtracting shooting from our roster.

And like you said… Jakob isn’t even a modern center. This would feel like an overpay mainly to salvage the season and shake up the roster for the sake of preserving the defensive culture.

Play in for what?

Comment

Because Westbrook isn't signed through next season. This is the last year on his deal.

Pretty simple.

They'll have over $34M in practical cap space.

Comment

Lakers only get cap space if they dump Westbrook. If they don't, then they don't get much.
                            Westbrook is an expiring contract.

Comment

Because Westbrook isn't signed through next season. This is the last year on his deal.

Pretty simple.

They'll have over $34M in practical cap space.
                              So they can take on Poeltl's 20M on for the rest of the year but can't re-sign him without losing someone around that for next season?
                              There's no limit at the trade dealdine?

Comment

So they can take on Poeltl's 20M on for the rest of the year but can't re-sign him without losing someone around that for next season?
                                There's no limit at the trade dealdine?
                                You can go over the cap to re-sign your own free agents. The thought process is probably to save money since Gary (along with Fred) could also be in line for Herro/Poole money in the off-season and Jakob would be cheaper to re-sign. This obviously isn’t a championship contending roster that’s worth going into the luxury tax to keep together, so money is a concern.

Comment

Working...
                                X