Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

hayes isnt a culture fit with the domestic abuse stuff
    I’d expect the FO to do its research and make the decision. We did bring in Rodions Kurucs for summer league.

Worst case he gets waived as he’s not owed any future money after this season.

Comment

• Gimme Cam Johnson or Mikal Bridges.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Suns offer would probably be Johnson, Crowder and picks

Not a terrible offer in all fairness cuz you can then flip Crowder, he should be in high demand come trade deadline.

Knicks are probably the ones offering the 3 1sts that were rumoured. It would be their own, Dallas’ 1st and Denver’s 1st which are the 3 they own this year that’ll actually convey. I assume Fournier as the salary matching.

I’d be less happy with this offer. Fournier’s got a bad contract and it’s longterm. The picks are currently sitting at 17, 21 and 29. That’s useful but you’re not gonna use all 3 and our own in one and it would depend a lot on how Masai would decide to flip them or package them.

Comment

• I probably say no to both deals ultimately.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Gimme Cam Johnson or Mikal Bridges.

Love the Knicks.....
            Hopefully there is an erg of truth in this and its used to gin up the bidding war from some western conference teams.......
            Even for 2 FRP + Quickley from the Knicks I really don't want to see OG come in 4 times a year wearing the Knicks uni.
            And maybe we don't pull the trigger on anything.

We are a tough lot fans.... we remember all the quick fix trades from BC and then appreciated the more deliberate Ujiri....now we want some of that BC lets make a deal action mixed in with Webster .....

Gotta be a higher FRP this year and one next year... if we part with Feddy or OG.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jan 30, 2023, 10:47 AM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Definitely no the Knicks. 3 1st round picks sounds cool but if you think about it the Knicks pick would likely be a mid 1st and the Mavs and Denver picks would likely be in 20ish range.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Gimme Cam Johnson or Mikal Bridges.

The Suns don't have much in the way of young players. I like Cam. Bridges would be good too.

Their least experienced player is Landale who is 27 lol.

Comment

• Can Johnson and 2 picks for OG would be decent value. Johnson is an elite wing shooter who plays excellent D. He replaces most of what OG brings and will likely be cheaper long term. He’s happy with the 3&D role and his agents aren’t Klutch… for now.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Can Johnson and 2 picks for OG would be decent value. Johnson is an elite wing shooter who plays excellent D. He replaces most of what OG brings and will likely be cheaper long term. He’s happy with the 3&D role and his agents aren’t Klutch… for now.
                    It would have to be something like Cam, Saric and 2 FRPs, which isn't bad.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

It would have to be something like Cam, Saric and 2 FRPs, which isn't bad.
                      Take that offer and run. OG isn't going to eventually develop into Kawhi, folks.

Comment

• Whoa from Shams Athletic Article today:

From the Article

Across the NBA, it’s no secret the Toronto Raptors are viewed as a swing team in this year’s trade market. Raptors vice chairman and president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri and general manager Bobby Webster have what’s seen as a talented core of attractive pieces in Pascal Siakam, Fred VanVleet, O.G. Anunoby and Gary Trent Jr.

Because of the Raptors’ disappointing season thus far (they are currently 23-28 and in 12th place in the East), rival teams have been informed that the franchise will make a decision about being a buyer or seller – or standing pat – near deadline day, according to league sources who, like all the other sources in this story, were granted anonymity so that they would be able to speak freely. The Raptors are currently 2-1 on their six-game road trip that concludes on Feb. 5.

The Raptors surely have high price tags on their core pieces, such as VanVleet and Anunoby. Will Toronto hold firm with the talent it’s amassed – or enter the lottery sweepstakes and build increasingly around Scottie Barnes?

What’s more, Nick Nurse’s future as Raptors head coach is expected to come into focus this summer, when sources say he will be entering the final year of his contract going into next season. After the 2019-20 season, Nurse – who guided the Raptors to the 2019 NBA championship, won Coach of the Year in 2020, and is regarded among the league’s best coaches – signed a contract extension through 2023-24 worth $8 million per year. The length of the deal has not been previously disclosed by the team. There’s been frustration throughout the roster and staff with the team’s play at points of this season, and that has been directed toward Nurse at times too, according to sources.

Forward Jalen McDaniels continues to be a name several teams like the Suns, Raptors, Jazz, Pacers and Spurs are closely monitoring, but the Hornets value the 6-foot-9 forward whom they have developed over the past four seasons. Teams with interest and cap space this offseason, such as the Jazz, Pacers and Spurs, may opt to wait until free agency to court McDaniels, who will be unrestricted, instead of trading an asset to acquire him now while having to compensate him in July.

Several teams are increasing their pursuit of Spurs center Jakob Poeltl, and it appears a move to the Eastern Conference could be possible ahead of the deadline. The Raptors and Celtics are among the teams expressing interest in Poeltl, sources say. The 27-year-old will be arguably the top unrestricted free agent big man in July.

The Knicks and Suns are among the interested suitors in Raptors forward O.G. Anunoby, sources say. New York has shown a willingness to offer multiple first-round picks for Anunoby, according to those sources. The Suns, meanwhile, have control of all of their first-round picks — eight in total —through 2030. SNY first reported the Knicks’ interest last week.
                        if they can expand this to a bigger trade, I am all for it

VanVleet/ OG/ Birch/ Thad/ 2023 SRP/ 2024 FRP

for

Ayton/ Crowder/ Cam Johnson/ 2023 and 2025 FRP

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                          Whoa from Shams Athletic Article today:

if they can expand this to a bigger trade, I am all for it

VanVleet/ OG/ Birch/ Thad/ 2023 SRP/ 2024 FRP

for

Ayton/ Crowder/ Cam Johnson/ 2023 and 2025 FRP
                          Keep thad because its a team option and you can ship him off in the summer before his guarantee date like how ATL did with the spurs for a minor deal... the rest is interesting but i'd want more picks coming our way and I am not necessarily giving up a 1st round pick

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Take that offer and run. OG isn't going to eventually develop into Kawhi, folks.
                            Yep.

I've been in on Cam Johnson since the start of last season. He's a heckuva player, a consistent 3pt shooter. We could use someone like that.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yep.

I've been in on Cam Johnson since the start of last season. He's a heckuva player, a consistent 3pt shooter. We could use someone like that.
                              This is the big plus of Johnson. Question for me is does he come over as a starter or bench scorer?
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Buyers or sellers, great.
                                I don't like that they list "stand pat" as one of the potential options still .... this roster still needs a shakeup

Comment

Working...
                                X