Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Being that it's the week of the deadline are there any advantages to waiting on making any trades? It feels like we've been in the rumors for so long that offers aren't going to get any better than what we've received already. Teams aren't going to wait on Toronto with their own playoff futures in the balance and will be moving on with plan B soon. Hope we don't lose out because Masai and Bobby are playing chicken with teams over an extra SRP....or maybe Raps aren't planning on making any moves
    Well, we did the same thing with Lowry and Norm being the 2 hottest trade commodities at the deadline in the Tampa year and ended up with.... Gary. Meh. I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they blow some of our own draft picks and ADD to this core to try and make the play-in (...for what?).

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I think they are seriously making some.
      Masai and Bobby won't be travelling with the team otherwise.
      Fingers crossed it's not some small moves like Boucher and Flynn for expirings and SRP's so they can sign the same guys in the summer.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Well, we did the same thing with Lowry and Norm being the 2 hottest trade commodities at the deadline in the Tampa year and ended up with.... Gary. Meh. I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they blow some of our own draft picks and ADD to this core to try and make the play-in (...for what?).
        Don't get me started on the Dragic expiring contract and trade down for Thad and Koloko. For a team like Toronto that can't attract players in free agency to move down in the draft talent pool still seems so strange to me.

Comment

Fred is already “leading” us to a top 6 draft pick, so how much worse/better would Dinwiddie make us? You put the ball in his hands, force the team to adjust to him and you can inflate his numbers to fringe all-star, just like Fred. Just like any other combo guard who can shoot and handle a bit.

And FVV and Dinwiddie are a LOT closer in ability than Raptor fans probably want to admit.
          No one cares about numbers, it's about impact on winning, which is what we were talking about, and Fred is a significantly more impactful player than Dinwiddie.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Don't get me started on the Dragic expiring contract and trade down for Thad and Koloko. For a team like Toronto that can't attract players in free agency to move down in the draft talent pool still seems so strange to me.
            We were buyers in a bad market. People here would have lost their minds had we done nothing. It was clear we needed bench help for our playoff run.

Comment

Lowry they let pick where he was going, hence landing on the SnT to the Heat later on. Doubt anyone on the team is getting that treatment, especially the guys they are looking to move. And Fred and Gary should both have more value than Norm, thankfully.

I suspect if they add to the core, it's not to "try to make the play in", it's to try to make a top 6 slot. It would mean they believe in this team far more than they have deserved so far, but it is possible, if seemingly unlikely, that they'd be right.

Really think they are selling though and any reports about them thinking about buying are just smokescreens to try to make sure the offers are sweet enough.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

No one cares about numbers, it's about impact on winning, which is what we were talking about, and Fred is a significantly more impactful player than Dinwiddie.
                Impact is intertwined with role, which isn’t always fully captured by EPM, LEBRON, etc… But you already knew that.

Fred’s impact is fully maximized with the Raptors as one of the 2 MFers who can do whatever TF he wants.
                Last edited by golden; Mon Feb 6, 2023, 12:10 PM.

Comment

The Thad trade was 50% trying to find a team who would eat Dragic’ salary to avoid bad optics of Toronto waiving him, and 50% Nurse embarrassing the front office into getting his over-worked starters help because he doesn’t know how to develop a bench.

Comment

Yep. Wishful thinking. Claxton is an All-Defense candidate now and the prototypical, switchable modern center.
                    Would it be for Siakam? Considering the reports something like this might work:

Raptors:
                    Cam Thomas
                    Claxton
                    Finney Smith

Nets:
                    Siakam
                    Poeltl
                    Birch

Spurs:
                    Joe Harris
                    2 first rounders from Brooklyn

Raptors get younger, more depth and flexibility, a great defensive center. Setting Barnes up to become a bigger focal point.
                    Brooklyn get there second star and a good defensive center replacement in return.
                    Spurs get there two first rounders for Jakob

Comment

• Masai better trade both Fv and Trent.
                      It would not make any sense 2 keep them.
                      Do u all understand they aren't coming back, Orlando already has leaked that are willing 2 give him max...lol...there is no point keeping him, move him,stop playing..As for Trent he wants north of 25 million per 5 years...Hello..u got think logically. With these guys that have been s#$%, so why the f&%$ would u want 2 tie your self with overrated talent to a lottery team, do understand how stupid this management would be..if they kept them.
                      Look at Nets, they get it, Kyrie Irving said I want out, either u keep him and get nothing or u got 2 reliable players and pick for the playoffs..now we're different, but same situation, both these 2 guys are gonna bolt, but go get some young talent and picks.
                      U lost Kawli, Gasol, Ibaka Green, for nothing, at least u moved Powell, Lowry got something.
                      I'm just baffled at stupidity, start building around Young guys..this team ain't winning d&%%.
                      Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Mon Feb 6, 2023, 12:29 PM.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

The Thad trade was 50% trying to find a team who would eat Dragic’ salary to avoid bad optics of Toronto waiving him, and 50% Nurse embarrassing the front office into getting his over-worked starters help because he doesn’t know how to develop a bench.
                        It had nothing to do with waiving Dragic. We would not have waived him, we'd just let him continue to chill in South Beach like we did all season, he was an expiring.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It had nothing to do with waiving Dragic. We would not have waived him, we'd just let him continue to chill in South Beach like we did all season, he was an expiring.
                          Dragic wanted to play for a contender and also set himself up for his next contract, so there’s zero chance we wouldn’t have granted his wish. Raps always play nice with player agents, who have more influence than you want to believe.

Comment

• dr hannibal lecter wrote: View Post
                            masai better trade both fv and trent.
                            It would not make any sense 2 keep them.
                            Do u all understand they aren't coming back, orlando already has leaked that are willing 2 give him max...lol...there is no point keeping him, move him,stop playing..as for trent he wants north of 25 million per 5 years...hello..u got think logically. With these guys that have been s#$%, so why the f&%$ would u want 2 tie your self with overrated talent to a lottery team, do understand how stupid this management would be..if they kept them.
                            Look at nets, they get it, kyrie irving said i want out, either u keep him and get nothing or u got 2 reliable players and pick for the playoffs..now we're different, but same situation, both these 2 guys are gonna bolt, but go get some young talent and picks.
                            U lost kawli, gasol, ibaka green, for nothing, at least u moved powell, lowry got something.
                            I'm just baffled at stupidity, start building around young guys..this team ain't winning d&%%.
                            amen

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Simmons is paid so much money... I guess we would receive a couple picks!..

Comment

Dragic wanted to play for a contender and also set himself up for his next contract, so there’s zero chance we wouldn’t have granted his wish. Raps always play nice with player agents, who have more influence than you want to believe.
                                Even if that's the case, we didn't make the trade to avoid a buyout. Buyout would have saved us money, it's not a bad thing. Dragic wasn't playing all season. There would be no bad optics from a buyout, and certainly nothing so earth shattering we made a trade just to avoid those optics.

The trade was 100% to booster our bench for the playoff run. The bad optics we were trying to avoid was doing nothing to help the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X