• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets don't need Fred with emergence of Cam Thomas
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Am I reading correctly that Pascal for Simmons, Claxton and FRP's have been discussed? Guessing it wasn't the Raps discussing it.
      lol.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Am I reading correctly that Pascal for Simmons, Claxton and FRP's have been discussed? Guessing it wasn't the Raps discussing it.
        That's a hard pass. Simmons is garbage. Claxton is a centre. And the 1st will likely be a late 1st.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

That's a hard pass. Simmons is garbage. Claxton is a centre. And the 1st will likely be a late 1st.
          Why in the earth would we ever consider that? Simmons is a player I would consider but never ever at his current salary. More like 15 million......

Comment

• By the way, if we keep siakam, og, barnes and somehow add kg, are we suddenly a playoff threat?

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Why in the earth would we ever consider that? Simmons is a player I would consider but never ever at his current salary. More like 15 million......
              Simmons is the salary filler. The main draws would be Claxton and the "several picks" mentioned. Several means 3 or more. I'd say 4 is a good number of picks for a player like Pascal.

Comment

By the way, if we keep siakam, og, barnes and somehow add kg, are we suddenly a playoff threat?
                KG is a HOFer but completely washed at this point, only makes sense to add him if we're tanking. not sure the league would stand for it

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah then you match. And try and trade him in 3 months when he's eligible to be traded. Basically what the Suns did with Ayton.
                  Do you mean match and hope that he’d rather stay with us? It’s not the Ayton situation as he was an RFA. Once the Suns matched the Pacers offer, he was a Sun. We could match what Orlando was offering and he could still say, nah, I’ll take the sun.

Comment

• Simmons has to be a negative asset at this point now, no? He’s averaging a triple single and making max money

Comment

• I don't know about this rumor going around with Raptors and Nets.I think its BS..
                      However, Masai kind of guy that might take a gamble if he gets his guy Nic Claxton, it's a big gamble...
                      The rumor about Simmons being part of the deal, maybe he can resurrect his career, Masai always wanted him, I don't want him..he would have 2 years left, maybe he sees something that we don't, I don't...

My guess is Masai once 2 get rid some contracts and get that starting Center...ie..Nic Claxton.

Simmons has no value, no one wants him, immovable contract, however if u add Nic Claxton, Masai might take Simmons, that's my thinking.

Let me say it again I don't want Simmons.
                      If the deal was construct it, probably be something like.

Nic Claxton
                      Ben Simmons
                      Seth Curry
                      Patty Mills

For

Fred Vanvleet
                      Gary Trent
                      Chris Boucher
                      Khem Byrch
                      M.Flynn
                      plus some picks..

Works in Espn Trade Machine..
                      We would get our Starting Center.
                      Nets would clear some cap space and get rid of Simmons, plus they would get some talent for the playoffs.

P.S

I DON'T WANT F^%$ Simmons..but that's kind of deal that I Masiai would make,it's a gamble, I would stay away.
                      Also, these clowns from Brooklyn think we would trade Siakim and OG for Simmons and Nic Claxton...LOL..
                      Stop it..
                      I'll say it again plz No F&^% Simmons.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Simmons for Fred is a great deal, Simmons is 26, same age as when we got Lowry iirc, his advanced stats are great, as is his defence. That would be a steal. Pascal for Claxton, who is 23 is also great if doable. I actually doubt the Nets go for this without OG being included, but I'd they do, you take that in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Yeah I take that deal. Landing Clax and some shooting for 2 expirings and you take a flier on Simmons

Don’t think nets would do that though unless the pick is our 2023 one which I’m not trading

Comment

By the way, if we keep siakam, og, barnes and somehow add kg, are we suddenly a playoff threat?
                            TRADE EVERYONe except those four for I assume you mean KD???

Kg yeah wouldn't be super useful can that man even still run???

#KDTOTORONTO
                            #SECONDCHIP

Comment

• Nets probably do that deal if we threw in Precious as opposed to Birch… not sure I’d still wanna do that

Scottie / Curry / OG / Siakam / Claxton
                              Simmons / Mills / Hernangomez / Young / Koloko
                              Banton / Porter / Birch

Meanwhile nets:
                              FVV / GTJ / Durant / DFS / Achiuwa
                              Thomas / Dinwiddie / O’neale / Harris / Boucher
                              Flynn / Sumner / Edwards / Watanabe / Sharpe

Comment

• So much for "all calls going through Toronto" lol. Another day and no moves made.

Comment

Working...
                                X