Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post

This is really the crux to why any team would want Fred now. We might as well keep Fred to build up his value or tank it further (if the latter happens, then we get a better draft slot). If we can find a team to trade Fred to.. I don't think we're getting much back. Maybe some shitty contract and a pick in the low 20's.
    A pick in the low 20's would have gotten us Andrew Nembhard and maybe Walker Kessler last draft. That's good value.

Comment

Whatever it is they plan on doing with Fred, I wish they'd just sit him at this point. Seemingly, the only way to save the season is with a huge trade to bring in a star which is not going to happen. Just shut Fred down so he can hopefully get healthy, keep Siakam and OG's minutes down the rest of the way so not to risk injuries and get that draft pick.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

A pick in the low 20's would have gotten us Andrew Nembhard and maybe Walker Kessler last draft. That's good value.
        Yeah I don't see how getting a 1st for Fred is a bad thing.

Also everyone saying teams won't trade for him because he's a rental. We should be viewing him that way too. Unless we're willing to pay him $30M+ he's probably gone. I think any team trading for him that's willing to pay him can feel pretty secure he will resign with them.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah I don't see how getting a 1st for Fred is a bad thing.

Also everyone saying teams won't trade for him because he's a rental. We should be viewing him that way too. Unless we're willing to pay him $30M+ he's probably gone. I think any team trading for him that's willing to pay him can feel pretty secure he will resign with them.
          According to reports, that's basically how the Pacers are handling Myles Turner: get an extension done before the trade deadline, or ship him out for assets. And Turner is a lot younger than Fred. Now, we already know Fred won't sign a max extension, so....

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I read somewhere that the Heat are 7-1 WITHOUT Lowry this year. lol. He's become a bit of a whipping boy for Heat fans.

Weather & golfing aside, I think Lowry would welcome a trade back to a place where he's revered.
            I don't want to see Lowry eventually booed off the floor here.
            That's exactly what would happen after the first standing O, you can't go home..

Bring him back as a Ass't Coach one day.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I'm confused by this. Trading Gary would just be window dressing? Trading FVV would just be window dressing?
              Not sure why you're confused....90% chance no one moves except window dressing/not overly impactful trade. The numbers aren't meant to add up to 100

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                Ain't nobody talking about OG? Probably the one who's going to get traded afterall, no? And I think we're going to receive a lot for him.
                I htink the odds of OG being traded are least on the team after Pascal and Scotty

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

I htink the odds of OG being traded are least on the team after Pascal and Scotty
                  I'd say least after Scottie. OG is 25. He's just as good a fit for a rebuild as he is a contender.

Comment

Pascal brings back more than OG and as good as Pascal is super max is scary

Comment

It's FVV vs. Brunson tonight.

Vision 5' 10".

Comment

Fred upping his value at the right time.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Look at what we gave up for Gasol in 2019. A 26 year old piece with potential and a 1st round pick. And filler of course.

There's a lot of teams out there like the 2019 raptors looking for another piece to put them over the top. FVV is desirable in my opinion. If you can get a younger player and a pick that's good value in my view.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            Look at what we gave up for Gasol in 2019. A 26 year old piece with potential and a 1st round pick. And filler of course.

There's a lot of teams out there like the 2019 raptors looking for another piece to put them over the top. FVV is desirable in my opinion. If you can get a younger player and a pick that's good value in my view.
                            More than potential. JV was already a great NBA starter.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

More than potential. JV was already a great NBA starter.
                              Ya, as much as that trade and gasol were heralded as the reasons for winning, JV brought good things as well. I personally think that stacked team still wins with jv.

Comment

Shams article on The Athletic:
                                https://theathletic.com/4098049/2023...anvleet-shams/

However, one organization emerges every deadline as a key hub for the entire NBA. This season, it could be San Antonio. Spurs center Jakob Poeltl has gained significant trade interest from teams such as the Toronto Raptors and Boston Celtics, according to league sources who, like all the other sources in this story, were granted anonymity so that they would be able to speak freely.
                                When talking to team officials across the NBA, the Toronto Raptors are the most fascinating franchise to watch before the deadline. At 20-24 and 11th place in the Eastern Conference, the Raptors have underwhelmed at times and have several talented players — Pascal Siakam, O.G. Anunoby, Fred VanVleet and Gary Trent Jr. — whom teams are monitoring. If the Raptors decide to rebuild and prepare to aim for the draft lottery by moving a couple of their key cornerstones, there will be a long list of suitors.

Without a doubt, the Raptors have the full attention of everyone across the NBA.
                                The Raptors, Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Pelicans, Milwaukee Bucks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Dallas Mavericks are among the teams registering interest in Detroit’s Bojan Bogdanovi?, league sources say. The Pistons have maintained that they prefer to keep Bogdanovi? moving forward, but as The Athletic’s James Edwards III reported, the franchise is open to conversations, and it’s believed an unprotected first-round pick can pry Bogdanovi? out of Detroit.
                                [The Suns and Magic have emerged as potential free-agent suitors for All-Star guard VanVleet, league sources say. VanVleet — the 2019 NBA champion and one of the league’s greatest undrafted success stories — spoke recently about his pending free-agency status in the offseason and how he remains focused on the Raptors: “I’m completely focused on his team. My loyalty is to this team and to this franchise and trying to get us back to the level that we’re accustomed to around here.”

Comment

Working...
                                X