Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Suns and Magic do seem like natural fits for Fred.

Comment

Why are the Raptors potential "buyers" for Jakob? We're on the edge of the play-in right now. Where does Jakob get us? 6th place... maybe?

If that's not a No Man's Land / 7-11 Treadmill / Stuck in the Middle Team.... then I don't know what is.

It's pretty clear that we need to be sellers. And if we fork over another 1st round pick for a vet... I'm going to lose it.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Why are the Raptors potential "buyers" for Jakob? We're on the edge of the play-in right now. Where does Jakob get us? 6th place... maybe?

If that's not a No Man's Land / 7-11 Treadmill / Stuck in the Middle Team.... then I don't know what is.

It's pretty clear that we need to be sellers. And if we fork over another 1st round pick for a vet... I'm going to lose it.
        Parity can make people go mad. If we believe in Scottie, Pascal and OG.. then in theory we could end up like Boston. I wouldn't personally go that far, but I still believe in Masai.

Plus the rumours could be old ones from like last year.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Suns and Magic do seem like natural fits for Fred.
          I don't know how the Suns get far enough under the cap to make a legit offer for Fred. So if it was a S&T, then we'd be in the driver's seat.. unfortunately the Suns don't have great prospects.

Comment

Big Jake Fischer article on the Raptors:
            https://sports.yahoo.com/raptors-hav...152451461.html

... Didn't know he worked for Yahoo.

Some blurbs:

“What they’re not gonna do is be in the middle,” said one Western Conference executive.

“They’ve told teams they’re going to do something,” said an assistant general manager.
            Could the Raptors ultimately decide to trade Siakam? Anything is possible in this world of Musical Chairs, but Toronto is only expected to seriously listen to offers for Gary Trent Jr., sources said. Fred VanVleet’s apparent trade candidacy seems far more rooted in his down performance this season, as the smaller guard approaches his 29th birthday, than the front office’s willingness to part with such a central team leader. Meanwhile, Raptors officials have left rival front offices with the impression, sources said, it would take a haul at least in the ballpark of Atlanta’s offseason price for Dejounte Murray — multiple unprotected first round picks — for Toronto to even consider parting with OG Anunoby, a known favorite of Ujiri.
            What would the Raptors look for in return for Trent? One inkling: Toronto has shown interest in Hornets forward Jalen McDaniels, sources said. Charlotte’s fourth-year forward would fit the same bill that Trent did two years ago. He’s set to reach unrestricted free agency this summer, where teams are projecting McDaniels to command a far lower salary than Trent — roughly $10 million per season — in the ballpark of the full non-taxpayer mid-level exception.

Comment

I checked, and Jalen McDaniels is 6'9.

Comment

Trade VanVleet is what they should do. I think the contract situation is gone bad and I don't want my Raps to do the same they did with Bosh and Lowry. Trade him for the best offer you get and run with it. I'd trade OG also since the return should be awesome. Trade Trent only if there is a good offer, otherwise I think we sould try to bring him back next season. He's really young and a good scorer.

Comment

I checked, and Jalen McDaniels is 6'9.
                  Only a matter of time before a McDaniels brother, Jarred Vanderbilt and/or Jonathan Isaac is on this team.

Comment

Some blurbs:

Other than the McDaniels quote, I have never read such a nothing / aggregate of past reports article. But I guess it's helpful for non Raptors fans

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Only a matter of time before a McDaniels brother, Jarred Vanderbilt and/or Jonathan Isaac is on this team.
                      Can Isaac (if healthy) play regularly at the 5 spot? He's added weight and muscle in his 2 years away from playing, can he bang game after game? He could be a nice addition if so. Problem is it would have to be Trent for Isaac to make the money work, can't see them taking on another guard and I don't see another realistic solution.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Some blurbs:

No surprise there.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

Can Isaac (if healthy) play regularly at the 5 spot? He's added weight and muscle in his 2 years away from playing, can he bang game after game? He could be a nice addition if so. Problem is it would have to be Trent for Isaac to make the money work, can't see them taking on another guard and I don't see another realistic solution.
                          Isaac hasn't played for 2 years.. so who knows what he has left in him. I remember him being more like a 4 than a 5. But in today's NBA he could likely do both.

Comment

Wonder if Orlando would do Bamba, Houstan and one of Ross/Harris for salary matching for Fred

The bulls pick would be a nice piece to try to land as well but I’m not sure they’d give that up

For the suns you’re probably looking at Shamet/Saric and a 1st. If it’s their first for this season that’s not horrible since they’ll probably make the playoffs but not as a top seed so you’re looking at somewhere around 20

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              Wonder if Orlando would do Bamba, Houstan and one of Ross/Harris for salary matching for Fred

The bulls pick would be a nice piece to try to land as well but I’m not sure they’d give that up

For the suns you’re probably looking at Shamet/Saric and a 1st. If it’s their first for this season that’s not horrible since they’ll probably make the playoffs but not as a top seed so you’re looking at somewhere around 20
                              Id include precious for that orlando (chi) pick. But its top 4 protected. If chicago got top 4 pick then its top 3 protected in 2025 i believe. If chi got a top three pick then it turns into two second rounders. As it stands i think its 26% chance chicago gets a top 4 pick this year

Comment

If it's Nola, one of the players I want coming back is Daniels.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X