Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post

Parity can make people go mad. If we believe in Scottie, Pascal and OG.. then in theory we could end up like Boston. I wouldn't personally go that far, but I still believe in Masai.

Plus the rumours could be old ones from like last year.
    If that's the case, who is Nick nurse going to fuck to help turn our defense around?
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fe63gs4

And all the picks they got!

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

If that's the case, who is Nick nurse going to fuck to help turn our defense around?
        Boston doesn't have a great defense. It's their offense that's gotten to the #1 seed. But defensively they have vets in guys like Horford and Grant Williams. We need better rim protection or hope Koloko/Precious get a lot better. And that should happen just based on organic growth.

From an offensive point we need better shooting just everywhere. Get rid of Boucher, Thad, Flynn, Hernangomez, and Birch and get some real floor spacers.

And of course one of those floor spacers needs to be able to play point guard. Getting Brogdon was a coop for them. We'd need someone like that.

But the core 3 that Boston have (Tatum/Brown/Smart) are better than our big 3 (Pascal/Scottie/OG).. but it's not as far as you think.

Comment

Big Jake Fischer article on the Raptors:
          https://sports.yahoo.com/raptors-hav...152451461.html

... Didn't know he worked for Yahoo.

Some blurbs:

The only way you trade Pascal is in some sort of multiple team deal that gets us Shai. Shai and Barnes as the future core might be worth all the loses we'd be looking at with a rebuild.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

The only way you trade Pascal is in some sort of multiple team deal that gets us Shai. Shai and Barnes as the future core might be worth all the loses we'd be looking at with a rebuild.
            Shai + Giddey is already close to a .500 team in the tougher west division, slightly better than us. I don't think Shai + Barnes would lose any more than our current championship veteran core is doing right now, with the expectation of even more upside.

That said... hard to imagine any trade OKC would agree to.... even including Barnes, that gets us Shai. Does such a trade even exist?

Comment

Shai is a pipe dream. I think OKC is gearing off of rebuild and moving into retool. They are not too far from the play-offs out right (1.5 games back).

But let's assume we can't get Shai and we want to rebuild. How about trading Pascal to the Thunder for their young guys. Like Pascal for Holmgren, Giddey and Dort.

I could go for something like that. Chet and Scottie are good buds from what I recall as well.

Comment

Shai is a pipe dream. I think OKC is gearing off of rebuild and moving into retool. They are not too far from the play-offs out right (1.5 games back).

But let's assume we can't get Shai and we want to rebuild. How about trading Pascal to the Thunder for their young guys. Like Pascal for Holmgren, Giddey and Dort.

I could go for something like that. Chet and Scottie are good buds from what I recall as well.
                I dont think they would give you all that and I think they are more so looking to consolidate a few assets that aren't holmgren or giddey so maybe you get dort.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I dont think they would give you all that and I think they are more so looking to consolidate a few assets that aren't holmgren or giddey so maybe you get dort.
                  If it's for Pascal then we pass. Dort's the throw in / salary filler.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                    If it's Nola, one of the players I want coming back is Daniels.

If its OG, Daniels and the Lakers 2023 pick will have to be the start of it.

Comment

Boston doesn't have a great defense. It's their offense that's gotten to the #1 seed. But defensively they have vets in guys like Horford and Grant Williams. We need better rim protection or hope Koloko/Precious get a lot better. And that should happen just based on organic growth.

From an offensive point we need better shooting just everywhere. Get rid of Boucher, Thad, Flynn, Hernangomez, and Birch and get some real floor spacers.

And of course one of those floor spacers needs to be able to play point guard. Getting Brogdon was a coop for them. We'd need someone like that.

But the core 3 that Boston have (Tatum/Brown/Smart) are better than our big 3 (Pascal/Scottie/OG).. but it's not as far as you think.
                      Appreciate the response.. I was just trying to make a udoka joke
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Big Jake Fischer article on the Raptors:
                        https://sports.yahoo.com/raptors-hav...152451461.html

... Didn't know he worked for Yahoo.

Some blurbs:

Part of that is exactly what I fear is all they'll do (besides nothing). Try to trade GTjr for window dressing or a non-impactful return. It also confirms what we already knew, Masai is still in love with Fred and his undrafted story as evidence of how great his drafting is....

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Shai + Giddey is already close to a .500 team in the tougher west division, slightly better than us. I don't think Shai + Barnes would lose any more than our current championship veteran core is doing right now, with the expectation of even more upside.

That said... hard to imagine any trade OKC would agree to.... even including Barnes, that gets us Shai. Does such a trade even exist?
                          Only if OKC is motivated to move Shai, and tank for Wemby which was an idea floated around here earlier in the season.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Only if OKC is motivated to move Shai, and tank for Wemby which was an idea floated around here earlier in the season.
                              I think the Wemby ship has sailed for them. Shai has a shot at All-NBA this season and as long as he plays games, they’ll win too much to ‘catch’ the bottom 4.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                                If they trade Trent and re-sign Fred for big $$$, I think we're pooched to be a middle of the pack team in the East for the forseeable future. I'd hoped for something more bold from this management team.

What the hell are you going to get back for GTJr that will move the needle when Fred will continue to be torched by most guards we would meet in the post season? We're not getting a decent Centre and a pick for Gary.

Comment

Working...
                                X