Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

You gotta get the young star before he really breaks out…. like OKC with Shai, Indy with Hali and Rockets with Harden. It could be a talented young guy who is playing behind an established star and has only shown flashes of star potential.
    Who are those?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Who are those?
      You have to guess guys from recent drafts.

Mathurin in Indiana, maybe?

Holmgren?

Keegan Murray?

Dort, Giddey, Holmgren, 4 firsts

That's a reasonable haul and you bet on Holmgren being great when he heals.

OKC has a shit ton of first round picks

2 in 2023
      3 in 2024
      3 in 2025
      3 in 2026
      2 in 2027

They could do it easily.

I know we all want Shai because he's the new Maple Jordan but look at all those damn picks!

OKC is a great trading partner if you want picks. They have way too many. Not enough roster spots. They have to move them.
      Last edited by Primer; Wed Jan 18, 2023, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• I dont think okc has the table set for a trade like that yet. Climb to like top 6 in the league before a move like that

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

You have to guess guys from recent drafts.

Mathurin in Indiana, maybe?

Holmgren?

Keegan Murray?

Dort, Giddey, Holmgren, 4 firsts

That's a reasonable haul and you bet on Holmgren being great when he heals.

OKC has a shit ton of first round picks

2 in 2023
          3 in 2024
          3 in 2025
          3 in 2026
          2 in 2027

They could do it easily.

I know we all want Shai because he's the new Maple Jordan but look at all those damn picks!

OKC is a great trading partner if you want picks. They have way too many. Not enough roster spots. They have to move them.
          I doubt Indiana gives up Haliburton since they'll want to pair him and Turner with Siakam, so you definitely have to ask for Mathurin or no deal. Something like Mathurin, Hield, Nembhard and 4 FRPs for Pascal and Juancho.

OKC, it will have to start with Giddey and Chet.

Perhaps the Cavs want to go all in and are willing to trade Mobley. Although they already gave up all of their picks for Mitchell.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I doubt Indiana gives up Haliburton since they'll want to pair him and Turner with Siakam, so you definitely have to ask for Mathurin or no deal. Something like Mathurin, Hield, Nembhard and 4 FRPs for Pascal and Juancho.

OKC, it will have to start with Giddey and Chet.

Perhaps the Cavs want to go all in and are willing to trade Mobley. Although they already gave up all of their picks for Mitchell.
            Don't see Indiana doing something big like that so early in their rebuilding stage.

Someone mentioned New Orleans as a possible trade partner which makes some sense. CJ, Ingram, and JV are in their prime years with Zion showing he can make that team a contender when he's healthy.

Sacramento are sitting in 3rd place in the West oddly enough. They have one of the worst managements in the league so you could probably get a nice haul from them for Pascal. Maybe even in a smaller trade for Fred, OG or Trent.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Don't see Indiana doing something big like that so early in their rebuilding stage.

Someone mentioned New Orleans as a possible trade partner which makes some sense. CJ, Ingram, and JV are in their prime years with Zion showing he can make that team a contender when he's healthy.

Sacramento are sitting in 3rd place in the West oddly enough. They have one of the worst managements in the league so you could probably get a nice haul from them for Pascal. Maybe even in a smaller trade for Fred, OG or Trent.
              If we can hold on to Pascal for a bit.. watch out for Houston as a potential destination. They have a lot of young pieces, and are tanking again. Eventually they will want to change course and try to get better. Could move Pascal for 1+2 of their young pieces.

Comment

• It's all fun and good to throw out trade scenarios, but we all no OG and Pascal aren't going anywhere in the near term, right. Not just this trade deadline but the off season too....right?

GTJr likely
                Fred doubful
                Near zero chance Pascal, OG, Barnes or Achiuwa is moved.

Window dressing and throw-ins for sure. I'd say 80% SOMETHING gets done but not holding my breath for anything really impactful.

Comment

• I like the idea of pelicans. But also don't sleep on the grizzles or kings as potential trade partners. Maybe not for fred since they are both set at Pgs but Gary could probably help both of them with making some noise on the playoffs
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I thought you wanted a good pick this year? Lowry > Fred.
                    if people are hating on freds shooting, wait till you see lowrys numbers this year.
                    is the desperation this bad that we want a 36 year old pg back? last thing i want to see is a withering lowry failing to meet fans expectations.

Comment

• Denver is the team that needs to make a trade. They're a team tht should go all in. They're a chip contending team. Their weakness is obvious it's their defense. They need a big perimeter player that can defend and shoot.

Target - Bones Hyland

The other team that needs to make a trade is Dallas but Dallas don't really have any assets to trade for.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Pelicans could go all in if they want. They have assets and picks. OG makes the most sense for them, but given all of the rumors, it will have to be a "haul" as many reports have said.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          I like the idea of pelicans. But also don't sleep on the grizzles or kings as potential trade partners. Maybe not for fred since they are both set at Pgs but Gary could probably help both of them with making some noise on the playoffs
                          Getting Keegan Murray and a bunch of un-protected picks from the Kings is interesting, because that franchise always has the potential of going right back to the bottom of the standings. Sure, they are winning this year with offense, but that might not be sustainable. Also, they're the Kings.

After a decade of drafting a battalion of center stiffs, they strike gold and draft a future all-star PG (Haliburton). What do they do? They trade him for.... a center. And they drafted Bagley over Luka. We could go on and on.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            Denver is the team that needs to make a trade. They're a team tht should go all in. They're a chip contending team. Their weakness is obvious it's their defense. They need a big perimeter player that can defend and shoot.

Target - Bones Hyland

The other team that needs to make a trade is Dallas but Dallas don't really have any assets to trade for.
                            Bones only makes 2.2 mil. Denver has 5 guys on big salaries and they are not moving any of them. They may move Caldwell-Pope, but he is shooting over 47% from 3 and fits the roster really well. They would move him OG but no way a guy like Trent of Fred fits with the other guys they can offer, money doesn't work.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• This is how you get Bones AND Myles Turner. Have to add picks & sweeteners various ways, but that's the "nugget" of the trade idea...

Comment

• Sharpe + Hart + multiple draft picks.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/st...DMOODHFhA&s=19
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X