Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Denver is on an 8 game win streak and can beat any team if they are healthy. I think they are pretty confident in the group they have and don't feel any pressure to make a trade. Same with the Grizz. They're young, really good and probably feel like they can get to the finals with the team the have.

It's the teams below those two that probably feel like they have to do something to improve their playoff chances.
    Still too early to say for sure. I could easily see an arms race out west if one team makes a big move and others feel the need to respond.

Comment

• I'd like to get a pick swap with pels this year and a future 1st. We are pretty close with Lakers, so we basically can double our chances of jumping into the top 4. Pels still get a top 8 pick this year. And then have that Lakers 1st next season.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Why would the Pelicans trade two of their top prospects + a 1st for FVV? FVV is trash right?
        Ohhh his Trash, don't get me wrong...I think in a right situation, on a different team, where he can play 30 minutes and know his role, that's what New Orleans need, veteran, who has won it, champion. Experience.
        The way his playing in Toronto, his playing selfish, shots, minutes, stats..the guy wants be paid.
        Now as for the deal I suggested, I agree it's alot, however New Orleans in win situation, they gotta make Zion happy..New Orleans wants 2 win now, Raptors are going the other way.
        Like I said, saw this rumor mill, I'm like damn, that's not bad, if this was presented I would be stoked and happy..S^$% I would be happy if it's just Dyson Daniels or just 1st rd pick.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Still too early to say for sure. I could easily see an arms race out west if one team makes a big move and others feel the need to respond.
          Agree I could see 4 to 6 teams who have to think they have a shot to win the west this year. Parity is a sellers friend
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I guess you can never say never, but Denver just seems like they're the front runners to win it all this year. Jokic is an absolute monster they way he's playing right now.

Comment

Yep. An "arms race" is kind of what happened at the 2019 trade deadline. Bucks got Mirotic, Sixers got Tobias Harris ,and Raps responded with the JV-Gasol trade at the last minute.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Denver is on an 8 game win streak and can beat any team if they are healthy. I think they are pretty confident in the group they have and don't feel any pressure to make a trade. Same with the Grizz. They're young, really good and probably feel like they can get to the finals with the team the have.

It's the teams below those two that probably feel like they have to do something to improve their playoff chances.
                They're not beating the Grizzlies or the Celtics or the Bucks in a 7 game series with that defense that they have.

Grizzlies are the best team in the West imo.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  It's all fun and good to throw out trade scenarios, but we all no OG and Pascal aren't going anywhere in the near term, right. Not just this trade deadline but the off season too....right?

GTJr likely
                  Fred doubful
                  Near zero chance Pascal, OG, Barnes or Achiuwa is moved.

Window dressing and throw-ins for sure. I'd say 80% SOMETHING gets done but not holding my breath for anything really impactful.
                  Boring take. No time for these. Pie in the sky time. We can all bitch and moan after the trade deadline. Don't need people reminding us every day we're unlikely to do much, that's obvious and doesn't add to the convo.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Getting Keegan Murray and a bunch of un-protected picks from the Kings is interesting, because that franchise always has the potential of going right back to the bottom of the standings. Sure, they are winning this year with offense, but that might not be sustainable. Also, they're the Kings.

After a decade of drafting a battalion of center stiffs, they strike gold and draft a future all-star PG (Haliburton). What do they do? They trade him for.... a center. And they drafted Bagley over Luka. We could go on and on.

Really hard to call the Halliburton for Sabonis trade a bad one. They're 3rd in the conference, they got the result they wanted. That's the definition of a win win trade, both teams got better.
                    Last edited by Primer; Thu Jan 19, 2023, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Getting Keegan Murray and a bunch of un-protected picks from the Kings is interesting, because that franchise always has the potential of going right back to the bottom of the standings. Sure, they are winning this year with offense, but that might not be sustainable. Also, they're the Kings.

After a decade of drafting a battalion of center stiffs, they strike gold and draft a future all-star PG (Haliburton). What do they do? They trade him for.... a center. And they drafted Bagley over Luka. We could go on and on.

they should have traded fox but it wasn't a bad trade. fox to his credit has improved. their draft record is depressing.. they missed out on more than just luka... go back at all their picks and where they picked and who they picked.... its been a ton of misses. They missed out on sengun ... they chose davion... not a bad pick but I'd rather have sengun. Bagley as you pointed out instead of luka or trae (not a big trae fan but woof that was bad as you pointed out).

Justin Jackson instead of OG, Hart, Kuzma, Derrick White, Thomas Bryant, Isaiah Hartenstein, or Dillion Brooks. Marques Criss instead of Poeltl, Sabonis, or Levert.

One final one Willie Cauley Stein selected at #6 instead of Myles Turner, Booker.

The draft is some what of a crap shoot but also it goes beyond who you draft. Development, and opportunities play a big role in it as well. It can be both the situation itself, as well as the player which determines how far these guys go.

Comment

• I like OG but... his iso stats are still awful
                        https://www.nba.com/stats/players/is...gular%20Season

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Really hard to call the Halliburton for Sabonis trade a bad one. They're 3rd in the conference, they got the result they wanted. That's the definition of a win win trade, both teams got better.
                          They traded Haliburton cause they couldn't keep both him and Fox happy and maximize them - they needed to trade one and they couldn't move the Fox contract.

Not sure what the Kings do at the deadline but they need defensive help without disrupting the rotation too much. Going to be hard to do that.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            I like OG but... his iso stats are still awful
                            https://www.nba.com/stats/players/is...gular%20Season
                            Really does feel like it’s time to sell high on OG. His trade value may never be higher.

Comment

• Simons + Sharpe
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I just found it ironic that the Kings were drafting a bunch of bust PF/Cs over the years, but they still had to blow their most valuable young trade asset to finally get a good one. I mean, if they still had Halliburton, they could offer him in a package for OG or Pascal.

Comment

Working...
                                X