Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Really does feel like it’s time to sell high on OG. His trade value may never be higher.
    according to that doug smith article mixx posted his value is about the same or a little less than fred's, assuming fred is willing to re-up with the team trading for him:

• O.G. Anunoby: A good contract with at least a year to run, a tremendous defender and good three-point shooter. It would take at least two promising players on team-friendly deals and a pick to pry him away.
    • Fred VanVleet: The cost of re-signing him will be substantial for any team acquiring him but if that hurdle is cleared, a proven winner and a great leader will fetch at least the Anunoby price if not more.
    not that anyone should be surprised at this point but i am continually astonished at how out of touch a guy can be who has covered the league for almost 30 years

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Simons + Sharpe
      I like that deal for the Raps, but losing Simons' scoring might be too much for Portland.

Comment

• Simons is reportedly untouchable, so no Simons.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

according to that doug smith article mixx posted his value is about the same or a little less than fred's, assuming fred is willing to re-up with the team trading for him:

not that anyone should be surprised at this point but i am continually astonished at how out of touch a guy can be who has covered the league for almost 30 years
          Fred has his accolades, but OG is looked at as one of the best 3&D players in the league and pretty valuable ranging from Mitchell to Murray type hauls.

Haven't seen anyone say anything about Fred's trade value.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            Simons is reportedly untouchable, so no Simons.
            The promising young guy the Raptors covet is probably Trendon Watford (PF). 6'9... 7'3" wingspan. 22 yrs. lol.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Boring take. No time for these. Pie in the sky time. We can all bitch and moan after the trade deadline. Don't need people reminding us every day we're unlikely to do much, that's obvious and doesn't add to the convo.
              There'll sure be more to bitch and complain about if you set unrealistic expectations
              I'm just assuming most of the trade ideas are for clicks and giggles since they ain't happening.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Fred has his accolades, but OG is looked at as one of the best 3&D players in the league and pretty valuable ranging from Mitchell to Murray type hauls.

Haven't seen anyone say anything about Fred's trade value.
                OG's player archetype (huge multi-positional defending 3-D wing) is one of the most valuable in the league, while fred's (scoring combo guard) is one of the least. plus fred is a rental and OG is on a bargain deal.

i like fred and predicted he'd sign for 35 mil AAV prior to the regression he's taken this season, but for smith to equate their trade values (and to further suggest fred's might be higher) is pretty ridiculous.

agree that fred's value is probably higher than the bag of basketball's some here have mock-traded him for, although i've probably seen more trade suggestions here that overestimate his value, imo

Comment

OG's player archetype (huge multi-positional defending 3-D wing) is one of the most valuable in the league, while fred's (scoring combo guard) is one of the least. plus fred is a rental and OG is on a bargain deal.

i like fred and predicted he'd sign for 35 mil AAV prior to the regression he's taken this season, but for smith to equate their trade values (and to further suggest fred's might be higher) is pretty ridiculous.

agree that fred's value is probably higher than the bag of basketball's some here have mock-traded him for, although i've probably seen more trade suggestions here that overestimate his value, imo
                  Shhhh. Doug Smith is doing the Raps front office a valuable service. Can we all agree to overhype our own players until the the trade deadline?

Comment

• Fred can get you 30 points and is considered a leader. OG is a role player (an elite one, but is still considered as one). It's also why Fred makes more than OG. And will again in their next contracts.

Fred is an expiring, but as Doug said.. if he was willing to re-sign where he got traded to.. he should return as much as OG could return.

Comment

Shhhh. Doug Smith is doing the Raps front office a valuable service. Can we all agree to overhype our own players until the the trade deadline?

fred is a champion, all-star, and finals MVP runner-up for whom we wouldn't accept anything less than a rudy gobert-like haul.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Fred can get you 30 points and is considered a leader. OG is a role player (an elite one, but is still considered as one). It's also why Fred makes more than OG. And will again in their next contracts.

Fred is an expiring, but as Doug said.. if he was willing to re-sign where he got traded to.. he should return as much as OG could return.
                        i don't agree and will bet you a dollar OG's next contract will exceed fred's in AAV

edit: wait i fucked that up. i mean yes, i totally agree fred has higher value and will be paid more than OG. obviously
                        Last edited by chris; Thu Jan 19, 2023, 05:32 PM.

Comment

i don't agree and will bet you a dollar OG's next contract will exceed fred's in AAV

edit: wait i fucked that up. i mean yes, i totally agree fred has higher value and will be paid more than OG. obviously
                          The are both worth (at least) the veteran's Super Max, so they'll be vastly underpaid on their next contracts.

Comment

lol.. I actually don't. I think Fred get's more. But we'll see what happens. The big advantage for OG is that he's a Klutch client and his contract goes up when the cap significantly goes up. But I still think Fred is "worth" more (ie, higher percentage to the cap).

Comment

I just found it ironic that the Kings were drafting a bunch of bust PF/Cs over the years, but they still had to blow their most valuable young trade asset to finally get a good one. I mean, if they still had Halliburton, they could offer him in a package for OG or Pascal.
                              As slaw mentioned, Halliburton and Fox together didn't work. Fox plus Sabonis does work. Fox doesn't get you Sabonis in return.
                              Last edited by Primer; Thu Jan 19, 2023, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

lol.. I actually don't. I think Fred get's more. But we'll see what happens. The big advantage for OG is that he's a Klutch client and his contract goes up when the cap significantly goes up. But I still think Fred is "worth" more (ie, higher percentage to the cap).
                                well we'll see i guess in due time.

i'm rescinding my bet offer though after reconsidering fred's trade value as per above. you'd just be taking my money

Comment

Working...
                                X