Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

IT Really really seems like it. YEESH Fred. Man. So much for #betonyourself

You can hate Lebron, but I saw this interview thing recently where as a high school kid he said: "I've been taught it's a team game". And in between all the huge dives he really does play that way.

Bring being a team back. End #BETONYOURSELF

#BETONTHETEAM
    This is the problem when you take player empowerment to the extreme.
    The Raptors used to have a team oriented philosophy until they decided to be one of the leaders of the woke movement.

Comment

• My pick is Thomas Bryant, with the lakers Rui trade it might be tough for them to keep him, they don’t have his bird rights.

If Fred/GTJ are gone we’ll have cap space to play with and he’d fit perfectly

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

McCowan knows way more people than you might think. He’s very connected to all the owners/execs in Toronto sports and he’s got lots of media contacts in the US. I wouldn’t dismiss his comments.
        If there's truth to it and OG wants out then we likely resign Gary, Fred and try and build some depth out of whatever we get from the OG trade. Precious moves into the starting line up.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

If there's truth to it and OG wants out then we likely resign Gary, Fred and try and build some depth out of whatever we get from the OG trade. Precious moves into the starting line up.
          Yep. The OG angle changes everything.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• First time I've ever heard that the Raptors are interested in keeping Gary. However this could be a way to up his market as well before the deadline.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

First time I've ever heard that the Raptors are interested in keeping Gary. However this could be a way to up his market as well before the deadline.
              I've always thought there is a possibility nothing happens at the trade deadline. Raps aren't traditional sellers and they won't move guys for the sake of moving them. If they think they can re-sign Trent and FVV they could kick the can down the road and deal with contracts/cap later.

Comment

First time I've ever heard that the Raptors are interested in keeping Gary. However this could be a way to up his market as well before the deadline.
                From a leverage standpoint we'd be idiots to not yell publicly we are willing and able to resign all of our guys and they all would resign here.

Comment

That would be the worst possible outcome for me. Truly terrible.

Comment

Grange has been a good mouthpiece for the Raptors. Its a good way to create leverage with all of the rumors of Gary likely being traded. "Yeah, we're actually interested in keeping him, but if you want to send us an offer, we'll think about it".

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

That would be the worst possible outcome for me. Truly terrible.
                      Well don't leave me hanging, explain why.

Comment

Hopefully, it's true and a pre-cursor to trading Fred for a haul plus OG placated.
                        win-win-win

Comment

not primer but i agree. If Fred has friction with some guys ... not extracting value from him now could lead to further disruptions in the team culture and you just traded your best asset but didn't solve the internal problem .... I dont think Fred's value will increase at all...we missed a chance to sell him at peak value and its come back to bite us.

It is possible its too late to solve issues with OG but when it comes to fred you have to also consider him out going . heck there are times when gtj og and siakam hand barnes have all looked dejected while fvv chucks up a bad shot... I think this was one of the most recent games. they are all blending into eachother at this point but the one where we went 18-2 to start the game.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

not primer but i agree. If Fred has friction with some guys ... not extracting value from him now could lead to further disruptions in the team culture and you just traded your best asset but didn't solve the internal problem .... I dont think Fred's value will increase at all...we missed a chance to sell him at peak value and its come back to bite us.

It is possible its too late to solve issues with OG but when it comes to fred you have to also consider him out going . heck there are times when gtj og and siakam hand barnes have all looked dejected while fvv chucks up a bad shot... I think this was one of the most recent games. they are all blending into eachother at this point but the one where we went 18-2 to start the game.
                            I think fans are reading way too much into stuff that may not actually be happening. Pascal chucks a lot too. Actually Fred's usage is second on the team after Pascal.. but its not too far from Gary, OG and Scottie.. each player is about 20-22%

If you are reading into Nurse's quote from his book.. that was written over 2 years ago. When the entire team was shifting from giving the ball to their point guards. OG spent at least 2 more seasons with Fred at that point, and signed an extension during that time.

OG may want out.. but it may have nothing to do with Fred. Unless you've spoken to OG about it, then it's just bad gossip.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Hopefully, it's true and a pre-cursor to trading Fred for a haul plus OG placated.
                              win-win-win
                              Again what does OG wanting out have anything to do with Fred? This is made up stuff. OG may not even want out. He was pretty clear when the season started that he liked it here. And at that time Fred was on the team too.

Comment

I don't want Fred or Trent on the team. Doubling down on them while removing one of my favorites in OG is a nightmare situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X