Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    Simons Sharpe and 2 firsts will do it for me.
    Will Simons and Sharpe do it for you? That's always been the base of my favourite trade but Portland doesn't have any firsts to trade til '28

Comment

• This is the type of stay-in-the-middle "meh" trade I expect us to do.... which would even be a blockbuster by Raptors standards, post-chip:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think fans are reading way too much into stuff that may not actually be happening. Pascal chucks a lot too. Actually Fred's usage is second on the team after Pascal.. but its not too far from Gary, OG and Scottie.. each player is about 20-22%

If you are reading into Nurse's quote from his book.. that was written over 2 years ago. When the entire team was shifting from giving the ball to their point guards. OG spent at least 2 more seasons with Fred at that point, and signed an extension during that time.

OG may want out.. but it may have nothing to do with Fred. Unless you've spoken to OG about it, then it's just bad gossip.
        what has changed

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

not primer but i agree. If Fred has friction with some guys ... not extracting value from him now could lead to further disruptions in the team culture and you just traded your best asset but didn't solve the internal problem .... I dont think Fred's value will increase at all...we missed a chance to sell him at peak value and its come back to bite us.

It is possible its too late to solve issues with OG but when it comes to fred you have to also consider him out going . heck there are times when gtj og and siakam hand barnes have all looked dejected while fvv chucks up a bad shot... I think this was one of the most recent games. they are all blending into eachother at this point but the one where we went 18-2 to start the game.
          Fred has friction with his teammates? What did I miss?
          Last edited by LJ2; Wed Jan 25, 2023, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I don't want Fred or Trent on the team. Doubling down on them while removing one of my favorites in OG is a nightmare situation.
            You've been pretty steady about not liking Trent but I thought you were a Fred supporter. What happened there? He was playing badly while working through his various injuries but seems like his offense is coming around. His point of attack defense is still not great though.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Fred has friction with his teammates? What did I miss?
              you've missed the republic's body language experts post incessantly about a perceived rift between fred and his teammates as if it were fact, when in fact, it is not fact

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

what has changed
                From when? When the book was released? Hmm, all our guys including OG grab the board and run with in transition. Chris and Precious were the only two that got in trouble doing that and gave the ball up. At least last year. Precious continues to kind of do it. I've seen Chris do it maybe twice and both times it went badly.

Comment

• I am so entertained,….they came out of the woodwork and hanging by the thread with Mr.VanVleet but it seems inevitable LOL

anyho….

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...oronto-raptors

It remains unclear if the Toronto Raptors are willing to move on from their lead guard who has begun to climb out of his extended shooting slump that plagued much of the first half of the season. If they do, the Suns are reportedly interested in the possibility of adding VanVleet as the heir apparent to Chris Paul, according to SubStack's Marc Stein.

Phoenix has previously been connected to VanVleet as a possible free-agent destination mentioned by The Athletic's Shams Charania. The Suns, though, don't have the cap space to sign VanVleet outright and would likely have to work a sign-and-trade with Toronto to acquire the 28-year-old Raptors guard.
                  will the Suns give up their 2023 pick for VanVleet? There were discussions around the Suns community about their need of an heir apparent to CP3

Or yet again it goes back to Disney talk….

The Orlando Magic have also been connected to VanVleet as a possible free-agent destination, per Charania. They are expected to have enough cap space to pursue VanVleet this summer without the need for a sign-and-trade.
                  Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Wed Jan 25, 2023, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2glwj6cc

Ayton/ Crowder/ 2023 FRP

for

VanVleet/ Birch/ Thad Young and 2024 FRP

You can easily say no LOL

Comment

• https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-landing-spots

The Toronto Raptors have underperformed for most of the season, with several competing franchises hopeful they will look to restructure their roster for the future. Most notably, Fred VanVleet is nearly 29 and in the final year of his contract (he has a $22.8 million option for 2023-24 that many in the industry expect him to decline).

Either the Raptors and VanVleet will extend their marriage, or the team will look to get value for him in a trade before the deadline. If it's the latter, several playoff contenders (at least teams that consider themselves playoff contenders) would have interest, such as the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Dallas Mavericks, Phoenix Suns and Washington Wizards. So, too, would the Orlando Magic, per multiple NBA sources.

The Magic are eager to return to the playoffs. This may not be their year, but locking in a mature point guard to play alongside and mentor Franz Wagner and Paolo Banchero is believed to hold longer-term appeal. That assumes VanVleet is amenable to a long-term stay with Orlando.

While it's unclear how open Toronto is to a move, the buzz is the team is asking for a premium in general for its talent (young players, picks, veterans on friendly contracts, etc.).

Comment

• Would love a trade with the Wizards. Get a couple of their picks.. even this years (NY owns it but we could own the lottery portion of the pick).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think fans are reading way too much into stuff that may not actually be happening. Pascal chucks a lot too. Actually Fred's usage is second on the team after Pascal.. but its not too far from Gary, OG and Scottie.. each player is about 20-22%

If you are reading into Nurse's quote from his book.. that was written over 2 years ago. When the entire team was shifting from giving the ball to their point guards. OG spent at least 2 more seasons with Fred at that point, and signed an extension during that time.

OG may want out.. but it may have nothing to do with Fred. Unless you've spoken to OG about it, then it's just bad gossip.
                          Quotes, body language, rumours, gut feel, the way they play more freely and with joy (never mind ball movement) when Fred is frequently out injured.... issues between OG/Barnes and Fred.

I've just said that I'd prefer Fred was moved (for the better potential return) or including GTJr, not just Trent as it's not enough.

And I bet the issues become more public after/if Fred is moved.

Comment

• Barton, Wright, their 2023 lottery portion of their pick, 2025 pick (if owned by NY, then we get their 2026 pick) for Fred and our 2023 second round pick.

That's a Vasquez type of sneaky trade right there. Get potentially two lottery picks and Delon Wright back to quarter back our offense.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              This is the type of stay-in-the-middle "meh" trade I expect us to do.... which would even be a blockbuster by Raptors standards, post-chip:

Every time I'm reminded we're paying Khem Birch $7M a year I start to reflex vomit ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Quotes, body language, rumours, gut feel, the way they play more freely and with joy (never mind ball movement) when Fred is frequently out injured.... issues between OG/Barnes and Fred.

I've just said that I'd prefer Fred was moved (for the better potential return) or including GTJr, not just Trent as it's not enough.

And I bet the issues become more public after/if Fred is moved.
                                Everyone basically wants Fred moved (me too by the way). I just don't like slander when it's made up. If OG leaves and we hear its because of Fred sometime int he future then I'll join in on the conversation. To assume that's the reason is crap though.

Comment

Working...
                                X