Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I like Daniels, but he's wasn't a player that anyone thought of as a high potential guy coming into the draft. Lakers pick might be nice if they don't make any moves before the deadline, but I'm not loving this trade proposal for OG. I'd like to see them secure at least one high potential type of player or pick for OG. Sharpe and Hart from Portland would add good depth to our roster and Sharpe is a player I consider to have high potential. Unfortunately Portland doesn't have any FRP's until 2028 if I read correctly.
    I'd rather have Herb Jones over Shaedon Sharpe personally. I think Sharpe can be a better offensive player, but he doesn't bring anything else to the table. Can't pass, doesn't rebound. Not a good defender... but Herb has that all-defense potential like OG has.

Now I know this team needs more offense.. but Sharpe has limitations there too. But he's also super young. Only 19 where as Jones is already 24.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'd rather have Herb Jones over Shaedon Sharpe personally. I think Sharpe can be a better offensive player, but he doesn't bring anything else to the table. Can't pass, doesn't rebound. Not a good defender... but Herb has that all-defense potential like OG has.

Now I know this team needs more offense.. but Sharpe has limitations there too. But he's also super young. Only 19 where as Jones is already 24.
      Yeah, Jones just doesn't do anything for me. 27% from 3, 43% fg and as you said is already 24. I'd take Sharpe over him all day even if he doesn't end up working out. Just a lot more to work with.

Comment

Yeah, Jones just doesn't do anything for me. 27% from 3, 43% fg and as you said is already 24. I'd take Sharpe over him all day even if he doesn't end up working out. Just a lot more to work with.
        I likely just don't like Sharpe as much as you do. I remember his pre-draft workouts weren't very good. And his career in Portland hasn't been great or anything. If not Jones, then I'd want someone better than Sharpe. His passport does nothing for me.

I'd trade OG for Mathurin though. Not sure Indiana would go for that though.

Comment

• Hence why you insist on Murphy in the deal

Comment

I likely just don't like Sharpe as much as you do. I remember his pre-draft workouts weren't very good. And his career in Portland hasn't been great or anything. If not Jones, then I'd want someone better than Sharpe. His passport does nothing for me.

I'd trade OG for Mathurin though. Not sure Indiana would go for that though.
            Yeah, not likely that you land Mathurin. I think I saw somewhere that Indiana is willing to move Heild and Duarte in a trade, but that doesn't really get me excited.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
              It would be nice if this organization would just decide 2 start the process which we already know what it is..than just waiting.
              i agree, i was listening to hollinger today….
              fred could fetch 2 first rounders late 1 of which would be unprotected. OG you probably get 2 first rounder mid unprotected. siakam should get you 3 first. and trent could get you 1 first

that would be 8 firsts maybe more. this team is much better drafting then they are in free agency or trades. to take fred’s quote i would bet on ourselves. and scottie and not look back.
              Last edited by grindhouse; Thu Jan 26, 2023, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• i really and truely think especially when yuta was here. banton scottie koloko jeff is a better TEAM then what we have now. who mows maybe joe shows something. maybe precious….

if that roster wins the same amount of games that we are winning right now then why not go younger cheaper? if they were to even be a .500 team they would be better than this roster

Comment

Sharpe is a project, so you have to discount the 'he can't do this or that' cause we really don't know what he can and can't do at the NBA level yet. I will say this: he's way better than Trent was his rookie season (of course Trent didn't play much at all so this may not be fair). And Portland thinks very highly of him, so I doubt he'll be on the move.

Problem with the Blazers is that they are up against the tax and they don't have a simple way to off-load salary. It's weird in that they likely have the pieces to make a big move (Simons or Grant) but making smaller moves is really tricky cause they don't have easily matched salaries and they can't take on $.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    i really and truely think especially when yuta was here. banton scottie koloko jeff is a better TEAM then what we have now. who mows maybe joe shows something. maybe precious….

if that roster wins the same amount of games that we are winning right now then why not go younger cheaper? if they were to even be a .500 team they would be better than this roster
                    That's a 15-win team.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Sharpe is a project, so you have to discount the 'he can't do this or that' cause we really don't know what he can and can't do at the NBA level yet. I will say this: he's way better than Trent was his rookie season (of course Trent didn't play much at all so this may not be fair). And Portland thinks very highly of him, so I doubt he'll be on the move.

Problem with the Blazers is that they are up against the tax and they don't have a simple way to off-load salary. It's weird in that they likely have the pieces to make a big move (Simons or Grant) but making smaller moves is really tricky cause they don't have easily matched salaries and they can't take on $.
                      Will Sharpe develop in time to be a key piece with Dame?

If not then they can move him.

Portlands time-line is 100% Dames time line. Dame is going to be 33 next season, that's when guards start to fall off.

Portland is looking to make a big move right now, as they should be. Smaller moves won't win them a title with Dame, and that's their goal.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Portlands time-line is 100% Dames time line. Dame is going to be 33 next season, that's when guards start to fall off.

Portland is looking to make a big move right now, as they should be. Smaller moves won't win them a title with Dame, and that's their goal.
                        How to win with Lillard has been the dilemma in Portland for years, though, and the issue isn't new. Right now, they are hard-capped next season and are right up against it as is - I think they can only add a few million from where they are now - so taking on salary is basically impossible. Hart has an option and they won't be able to afford him or sign someone of equal value. Other than Hart, Simons and Nurkic, they have no salaries of a size to bring back anything (they ain't trading Grant).

Short story is that making a big move is possible but likely involves Simons who they apparently won't move, so, hard to see cap-wise how they add anyone significant.

Comment

Yeah... if you're rebuilding, then the main reason to trade for a young guy is to take a flyer on upside.

Comment

Daniels is better than Jones or Murphy. If we're trading with Nola, the young player that I would target is Daniels.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Daniels is better than Jones or Murphy. If we're trading with Nola, the young player that I would target is Daniels.
                              Daniels is nice buti I want Jones as well

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The big move they need to make is trading dame and grant. Not gonna happen of course, but anything else is just messing around really.

Comment

Working...
                                X