Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

The big move they need to make is trading dame and grant. Not gonna happen of course, but anything else is just messing around really.
    I would at least consider trading grant. Because then they can get sharpe more time

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I would at least consider trading grant. Because then they can get sharpe more time
      They just got him though, and he's the type they need...a mobile wing that can defend and provide some secondary scoring. His presence shouldn't hinder sharpe's playing time. And again, they have Dame who is 33 and if they want to win, they can't wait for young players to develop. They can try and trade the younger players for established vets and build a contender or trade the vets and reset around their young talent (which should happen IMO). Can't see them acquiring the talent via trade to get to contender status.

Comment

The big move they need to make is trading dame and grant. Not gonna happen of course, but anything else is just messing around really.
        They are not trading Lillard. And they just brought Grant in to play with Lillard.

Comment

• Portland's biggest need is a bench upgrade. They have the lowest scoring bench in the league.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Portland's biggest need is a bench upgrade. They have the lowest scoring bench in the league.
            They could use some size with mobility on the front line (they are so slow up front). Wing depth but that's been caused by some injuries, too. Somebody to take the playmaking pressure off Lillard would be nice.

Comment

They just got him though, and he's the type they need...a mobile wing that can defend and provide some secondary scoring. His presence shouldn't hinder sharpe's playing time. And again, they have Dame who is 33 and if they want to win, they can't wait for young players to develop. They can try and trade the younger players for established vets and build a contender or trade the vets and reset around their young talent (which should happen IMO). Can't see them acquiring the talent via trade to get to contender status.
              they wont do that... and its hard to trade for a guy who is going to make 60

Comment

• No way they give up Simons for anyone on our roster bar Siakam I think.

23, already puts up 21 a game on good efficiency and signed long term at a good price. That’s the type of player that they probably bank on to transition through the end of the Dame era and into the next

Comment

• https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...AAAAHQAAAAAQAg

Jake Fischer interview starts at around 51:00 mark

Lots of stuff and I am so proud of myself that my TS% was elite hitting decent averages on all our pieces if Jakes insider information about the Raps are close to accurate

VanVleet - changed of representation more likely that he gets dealt before the deadline. His camp are expecting 30-35 million per/ 4 years compensation. Turned down $114 million in the offseason.

GTJ - market not as robust.

Poeltl - don’t see Masai giving up 2 firsts

OG - value too high (Dejounte Murray type return) and why VanVleet is more payable for other teams

Siakam and Scottie likely untouchable.

Raptors holding the market captive.

Comment

• FVV - hell no to what his rep would want in the offseason, so trade him,
                    payable so likely a FRP bonus possible
                    GTJ - no way a team would give up a FRP for a rental. Maybe willing to accept a 20-25M per year deal
                    OG - Masai or Bobby ain’t dealing this guy unless a massive haul
                    Raptors no way in hell would give up two FRP for Poeltl
                    Siakam and Scottie untouchable

so it’s about right

Goes back to my own personal crusade in this forum - TRADE VAN VLEET or lose him for nothing in the offseason

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      FVV - hell no to what his rep would want in the offseason, so trade him,
                      payable so likely a FRP bonus possible
                      GTJ - no way a team would give up a FRP for a rental. Maybe willing to accept a 20-25M per year deal
                      OG - Masai or Bobby ain’t dealing this guy unless a massive haul
                      Raptors no way in hell would give up two FRP for Poeltl
                      Siakam and Scottie untouchable

so it’s about right

Goes back to my own personal crusade in this forum - TRADE VAN VLEET or lose him for nothing in the offseason
                      I also don't think poeltl will get a first round pick I think boston was interested but that market dried up.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Ooof. I can’t see that increasing the chances he stays and signs with raptors. Maybe I’m wrong.
                          Wonder if it actually reduces his trade value if the rumour gets out there he wants 30+mill per year in offseason. Yikes

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Ooof. I can’t see that increasing the chances he stays and signs with raptors. Maybe I’m wrong.
                            Wonder if it actually reduces his trade value if the rumour gets out there he wants 30+mill per year in offseason. Yikes
                            He could want $50M per year and it wouldn't change his value, so not too concerned about that.

Good move for Fred and maybe in some ways a good move for the Raptors if they play their cards right. I personally don't think Klutch is this insidious mega power that controls the NBA. If you look at the NBA athletes signed to their agency, it's not exactly anything amazing. They've got LeBron and AD and after that it's a bunch of hasbeens.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Chess move by FVV & Klutch. Team will think twice about how they treat Fred, because Gary, OG and Nurse are all Klutch clients.

Comment

• So Freddy no longer betting on himself, but betting on Lebron's bestie to get him the best deal out there

Outside of the Lakers, do the Raptors have the most Klutch clients now? Rich Paul should build a second facility out of Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X