Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
    Blazers apparently open to trade Nurkic and Hart… any interest?
    Nurkic is a bit of a relic with a high price tag. Hart not worth anything we have to give up. holding out for simons

Comment

• I’d pass on both those guys unless Hart is available for super cheap

Comment

Hart would make for a good bench player that could start in a pinch. Wouldn't make a trade centred around him though.

Comment

Why? I mean I like Hart....but Nurkic? Precious is a lot better than Nurkic. So no Amnot interested.

Anyway, we're a play in team EVEN if we trade OG we're going to be in the play in. Look at the 9-11 teams in the East. Pacers, Wiz and Bulls. All those teams are going to drop in the standings. Just a matter of time before the Raps catch them.

The only way we end up in the lottery is if we completely dismantle the team.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Why? I mean I like Hart....but Nurkic? Precious is a lot better than Nurkic. So no Amnot interested.

Anyway, we're a play in team EVEN if we trade OG we're going to be in the play in. Look at the 9-11 teams in the East. Pacers, Wiz and Bulls. All those teams are going to drop in the standings. Just a matter of time before the Raps catch them.

The only way we end up in the lottery is if we completely dismantle the team.
            Nurkic is OK. He isn't the type of center we need. Hart makes sense

Comment

• Well 2 and 1 on the roadtrip.

If they come back 4 and 3 or perhaps better will all bets on the makeover via trades be off. ?
              Winning sure does cure the usual bitching about playing time, your spot in the pecking order etc....

But one road trip doesn't solve the same things that have been examined over and over agin in the last 2 years plus...
              No rim protection ... No backcourt depth and no bench ....
              Maybe the Raps have lost their nerve on the trade front or maybe the conventional wisdom that teams will throw FRP at us isnt true.
              Teams that have shown interest in the Raps players may not have all their 2023 and 2024 FRP to convey. Lots of pick swaps and conditional first that will hamstring teams ability to pony up. New Orleans and OKC are out of conference and do have picks.. lots of them.... both are in the playoff hunt out west.

Or we do nothing and just sit tight.
              Put both Fred and Pascal on IR and tank .. we can likely get into the top 6 before ping pong balls are involved.
              You can always trade at the draft ...

Still this years NBA trade market runs through Toronto this year.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Put both Fred and Pascal on IR and tank .. we can likely get into the top 6 before ping pong balls are involved.
                Even after last night's W, we presently remain in the top 6... (ie. bottom 6)

Crazy

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Well 2 and 1 on the roadtrip.

If they come back 4 and 3 or perhaps better will all bets on the makeover via trades be off. ?
                  Winning sure does cure the usual bitching about playing time, your spot in the pecking order etc....

But one road trip doesn't solve the same things that have been examined over and over agin in the last 2 years plus...
                  No rim protection ... No backcourt depth and no bench ....
                  Maybe the Raps have lost their nerve on the trade front or maybe the conventional wisdom that teams will throw FRP at us isnt true.
                  Teams that have shown interest in the Raps players may not have all their 2023 and 2024 FRP to convey. Lots of pick swaps and conditional first that will hamstring teams ability to pony up. New Orleans and OKC are out of conference and do have picks.. lots of them.... both are in the playoff hunt out west.

You can always trade at the draft ...

Still this years NBA trade market runs through Toronto this year.
                  We need to be top 4 in the East to justify the massive amount of money it would take to keep this team together in the off-season. We're not gonna be top 4. Sell high.

Comment

• I think the guy we should try to get in a trade is Keegan Murray. They traded Haliburton for Sabonis last season, don't see them refusing to trade Keegan Murray for... and...
                    Last edited by TomAmnot; Sun Jan 29, 2023, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I think the guy we should try to get in a trade is Keegan Murray. They traded Haliburton for Sabonis last season, don't see them refusing to trade Keegan Murray for... and...
                      OG for Keegan Murray, Davion Mitchell and a FRP would be a good deal.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Well, yeah. But I was even thinking about Siakam. I don't think they will win with this core anymore, even though I have a lot of respect for Fred and him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And then Fred to New Orleans for the Daniels, Murphy + 1rp (lakers) package

Comment

• If we did those two moves, we’d have two point guards who are both playable, and a bench wing that can shoot. The roster balance would be enough to push us up another level or two at least, and that’s before you add two or three rookies on good deals.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              If we did those two moves, we’d have two point guards who are both playable, and a bench wing that can shoot. The roster balance would be enough to push us up another level or two at least, and that’s before you add two or three rookies on good deals.
                              These are also the 2 teams I would like the Raps to deal with, and I think the time to do so is now.

Comment

• I'm curious as to what the Raptors do. Mainly so Precious can start. I think he deserves it. Looked good in the 2nd half of last season, started slow this season and has looked like he has taken a step forward after coming back from injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X