No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just need 1 or 2 teams to think he's the difference maker for them though....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yup. That's why I said the time to trade Fred (among many other times) was last year. The receiving team gets 2 playoff runs, plus an off-season to fix any chemistry issues. Trade value drops considerably in the last year of the contract, entering UFA.
      yeah I wanted them to start retool or rebuild last year but they went on winning streak
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• We could stand pat, lose both of our high-profile free agents for nothing in the offseason, and still be in pretty good shape.

Comment

• I’ve been working on a huge multiple trade situation where we manage to get a lot younger and really create our next core based on some of the rumours that they’ve floated and it would just be a better, more well balanced roster in my opinion.

Trade #1:
          To PHX: O.G. Anunoby + Malachi Flynn + Juancho Hernangomez
          To TOR: Jae Crowder + Cam Johnson + 2024 FRP

Why Phoenix does it:
          They give up a starter and a guy that is on his way out regardless, they only lose one pick (they own all their future picks and based on precedence this pick should be in the high 20’s), and they get their guy in O.G. Meanwhile they also get a bit more depth, this is the same coaching and org that made a Cam Payne in Toronto who looked like he was heading out of the league into a legit bench piece. Someone like Flynn they probably see in a similar light.

Trade #2:
          To NOP: Fred VanVleet + Gary Trent Jr
          To TOR: Trey Murphy III + Dyson Daniels + Devonte Graham + Jaxson Hayes + Garrett Temple + 2023 FRP (better of Lakers/Pelicans) + 2024 FRP (better of Bucks/Pelicans)

Why New Orleans does it:
          Swing for the fences while the Western Conference is so wide open. Before the Zion and Ingram injuries they were sitting close to the top of the conference. They’ve slipped quite a bit but Ingram is back now and they’ll start to push again (they’re 2.5 games back of 3rd in the west). This just gives them huge reinforcements. Running a healthy starting five of Fred/CJ/Ingram/Zion/JV with GTJ carrying the bench along with Jones/Alvarado/Nance/Naji, that’s an incredible 10 man rotation with shooting/defence/creation and no blatant holes. 2 first rounders and 2 of their young prospects is essentially all it takes, with a lot of salary filler.

Trade #3:
          To DAL: Jae Crowder
          To TOR: Dwight Powell + 2025 SRP

Why Dallas does it:
          Even more three point shooting for a team that does nothing but shoot threes from Luka passes. All they give up is a rotation piece and a future second. (Maybe you convince them to do a 1st here instead if they’re really desperate for help for Luka). Crowder almost certainly instantly slides into the starting lineup and he gets his move to a contender getting starting minutes like he wanted all along. All of a sudden they have a starting 5 of Doncic/Dinwiddie/Crowder/DFS/Wood while still having THJr/Green/Bullock/Bertans/McGee all off the bench.

And finally, why the Raptors do all these trades:

We get an entire midseason retool around Scottie and Pascal getting to play to their strengths with the ball in their hands and shooting around them. Suddenly we have an absolute All-NBA level talent with a roster that’s actually suited to his strengths. Our star second year player finally gets to stop playing center and gets to go play the position he’s been dying to play in the first place. Filled with young players that are still very long, but now also fast and can shoot. The list of young yet already contributing talent we pick up could easily push us up the standings instead of down akin to the Rudy Gay trade.
          Giving up three (!!!) starters along with a few fringe rotation pieces is a rather steep price to pay but ultimately I think you end up with a roster that just makes more sense, along with one that’s better suited to Nurse’s defensive schemes along with his ideal shot chart offensively, being able to ditch the matchup searching and iso ball offence we’ve been forced into with the roster make up. We also pick up three first round picks and a second round pick (maybe 4&0 instead of 3&1).

NEW ROSTER:
          Barnes / Graham / Banton
          Johnson / Daniels
          Murphy III / Temple / Porter Jr.
          Siakam / Boucher / Young
          Achiuwa / Powell / Hayes / Koloko / Birch

(16 players but Temple or Hayes can be waived while we stay under the tax and zero dollars owed past this season so take your pick)

Heights, Wingspans and Ages: 6’8 7’2 Barnes 21, 6’8 7’2 Precious 23, 6’8 6’10 Johnson 26, 6’7 6’10 Daniels 19, 6’8 7’0 Murphy 22, 7’0 7’4 Hayes 22, 7’0 7’5 Koloko 22 all around 6’8 28 year old Pascal Siakam. Vision 6’9 becomes Vision 6’8 except this time the guys can also shoot and are young and fast enough to keep up with all the switching defensively. (Or we can just go back to running normal defensive schemes now that we’d have legit centers).

And I know everyone will love this, notable 3 point shooting:

Cam Johnson: 46.3% on 6.2 attempts (career 39.5% on 5.5 attempts)

Trey Murphy: 39.8% on 5.4 attempts (career 39.1% on 4.1 attempts)

Devonte Graham: 34.8% on 3.5 attempts (career 35.6% on 6.6 attempts) Nothing crazy here but very respectable

Daniels’ outside shot is still developing but he’s touted way more for his defence and playmaking as a 6’8 quick guard. Even then he’s 20/60 (33.3%) in what is meant to be his biggest weakness. Also, in contrast with a certain PG who was notorious for his bad percentages at the rim, Dyson takes 30% of his shots at the rim with a 70%!! field goal percentage there. 45% of his field goals are unassisted, meaning he gets to the rim and he finishes at elite levels.

We’d be going into the summer with our own pick and what’s looking like will be the Lakers pick (currently slotted at 6&7). Powell and Johnson are also free agents so that’s something to keep mind of if we plan on keeping them.

2024 Draft: Our own pick, the better of the Bucks and Pelicans pick (almost certainly will be Pels pick) and the Suns pick

2025 Draft: an extra second round pick

Money wise you’d need extensions and re-signings of Johnson (RFA) and Powell (bird rights) in 2023, Siakam and Precious (RFA) in 2024, Barnes (RFA), Murphy (RFA) and Koloko (bird rights) in 2025 and Daniels (RFA) in 2026. This is pretty ideal as you don’t have them all loaded up in one summer where you have to worry about 4-5 extensions.

2023-24 Roster would look something like:

Barnes / Graham
          Johnson / Daniels / 6th pick
          Murphy III / Porter Jr. / 7th pick
          Siakam / Boucher / Young
          Achiuwa / Powell / Koloko / Birch

Assuming the picks are where they’re at and my math is right, we’d have 120m locked into that roster with another 25m in cap holds between Johnson and Powell. With the tax line set to be at 162m I believe, Johnson can get a big extension without us fearing paying tax, and we’d have the full MLE to spend on someone as Young is easily waived to open the roster spot and we’d drop the salary by 7m.

TL;DR: FVV+GTJ+OG+Flynn+Hernangomez for Cam Johnson, Trey Murphy, Dyson Daniels, Devonte Graham, Dwight Powell, Jaxson Hayes, 3 FRP’s and 1 SRP

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

He’s averaging the same number of shots per game as he has for basically the last 4 seasons. And averaging over 6 assists. Come on. Pascal is the last (maybe 2nd last) player who should be moved.
            Yeah the Pascal trade talk is nuts. He's got a 56.5% TS which is ridiculously good on his volume. He also gets to the line way more than anyone else on the team. Our offense would be shit without Pascal.

Trade Fred and that opens up shots for Scottie.
            Last edited by Primer; Mon Jan 30, 2023, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              We could stand pat, lose both of our high-profile free agents for nothing in the offseason, and still be in pretty good shape.
              How do you figure?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

How do you figure?
                People are overly loss averse. Sure it would be a bit better (everything else being equal) to have picks in return for losing them. But flat out losing them still comes with the upside of flexibility under the tax, open roster spots to find other diamonds in the rough, opportunities for others already in the roster. It’s a bit like the stock market, people usually discount the buying opportunity that comes with a market decline.

That said, would be a lot more painful if we didn’t also have Scottie, Pascal, OG, Precious, Koloko, Banton, Boucher and our own draft picks.

Comment

• Mark Stein:
                  The Nuggets are looking for a defensive option with size in return for Hyland.
                  We've got size. And lots of it.

I see a potential deal here. Hyland would be exactly what we could use. A young guard that can actually shoot.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Mark Stein:

I see a potential deal here. Hyland would be exactly what we could use. A young guard that can actually shoot.
                    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.den...la-column/amp/

can they attach a good pick with the package?

Comment

Mark Stein:

Thad, Boucher, Juancho, Khem, Banton. Would they be interested in any of these guys?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.den...la-column/amp/

can they attach a good pick with the package?
                        Denver won't have good picks as long as Jokic is on that team. But I'm not sure Masai would want Porter. He's got a pretty tough contract to absorb. Remember he signed a 5 year, $180M deal. Has 4 years left after this one.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Thad, Boucher, Juancho, Khem, Banton. Would they be interested in any of these guys?
                          Any one of these guys will do

But Bones only makes $2M. And the Nuggets are $10M into tax now. So not the easiest of trades to work out. I do think Thad or Chris on Denver make a lot of sense though.

Comment

Denver won't have good picks as long as Jokic is on that team. But I'm not sure Masai would want Porter. He's got a pretty tough contract to absorb. Remember he signed a 5 year, $180M deal. Has 4 years left after this one.
                            most denver trades need to be done utilizing a third team.

Comment

• So all these Fred to Orlando talk. Is getting Suggs back realistic? because he's the only guy on that team that interest me.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Porter is shit.

If I'm Masai I would offer Siakam for Murray, see if they bite.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X