Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, he's slightly less valuable than an expiring contract. Nothing all that special in terms of a trade asset.
    Yeah I confused myself with the previous posts lol

Still should cash in on him, swapping him for some kind of asset should be the goal

Comment

• Heat are all in as contenders though. This is is their final form basically. Raps are not there yet and have a ways to go in terms of player development, growth and a final roster. We don't even know if the starting line up we used the most this season is going to be together next season.

Nurse has definitely not gotten the best out of this team this season though. I agree with that.

Comment

• Bring him home?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Grange has a new article up:
          https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...dline-preview/

This quote caught my eye:

According to league sources, Trent could expect a deal in the $20-million range if he opts out of the last year of his contract, which is set to pay him $18.8 million next season. In other words, the idea of a Jordan Poole or Tyler Herro-like payday – two young scorers with comparable statistical profiles as Trent Jr. who scored extensions with their own teams in the $30-million per season range -- may not be readily available in free agency.

Meanwhile, league sources peg Trent Jr.’s likely trade value at a protected first-round or two good second-round picks, along with a matching salary. From the Raptors' point of view, the likelihood of improving your team by moving on from a 24-year-old who has proven himself as a quality perimeter shooter is relatively low. If Trent Jr. was determined to leave, or the Raptors didn’t believe they could re-sign him in free agency, the story might be different.
          If Trent can come back at $20M AAV he's a keeper. And if his value is at best a protected first, or 2 second rounders.. that's pathetic. Derrick White was traded for a pick (only top 4 protected) and a pick swap.

Comment

• The path to a getting better faster retool runs through Fred.
            Trade him for a younger player/prosect and at least a 1st round pick.
            If Trent (or OG for a haul) are on the block as well, so be it.
            But moving just GTJr would be a lateral non-needle-moving-move and if Masai just does that, I'll be disappointed.

If Fred stays, I think the ceiling will be truly limited as he declines in value over 4 years but it actually seems like they're floating the idea of moving OG more right now so who knows?

I can't see a universe where Pascal is moved yet ....

Comment

• This is my tenforthewin Trade Machine musing of the day....

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Grange has a new article up:

If Trent can come back at $20M AAV he's a keeper. And if his value is at best a protected first, or 2 second rounders.. that's pathetic. Derrick White was traded for a pick (only top 4 protected) and a pick swap.
                No brainer to keep him at that price. You’d have to assume that’s another 2+1 though. Would love if we could land him at 3+1 for that

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

No brainer to keep him at that price. You’d have to assume that’s another 2+1 though. Would love if we could land him at 3+1 for that
                  Not sure how anybody can project contract amounts that far in the future... especially suggesting the low-end with a rising cap. Most people thought Fred signing the max extension last off-season would be the worst-case scenario, but then you had the Herro and Poole deals to mess up the market.

I wonder where Grange is getting that info... definitely not from Gary's camp.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not sure how anybody can project contract amounts that far in the future... especially suggesting the low-end with a rising cap. Most people thought Fred signing the max extension last off-season would be the worst-case scenario, but then you had the Herro and Poole deals to mess up the market.

I wonder where Grange is getting that info... definitely not from Gary's camp.
                    It does seem unlikely that the Lakers wouldn’t beat 20m AAV.

They’ll have a ton of cap space and the free agent crop is really thin this year. Unless they make a surprise move for Kyrie, Gary is probably way high up their list which he could leverage us with

Comment

• Maybe they try for Porzingis or D’angelo Russell?

Bojan Bogdanovic would probably be a bit cheaper than GTJ based on age and are similar

EDIT: Nvm it’s Bogdan not Bojan

Comment

• I don’t understand Why the fucking fascination of RJ Barrett for an OG trade? Is it just because he is Canadian?

Barrett is a kind of player who would also require enough touches as well to be productive
                        (he is averaging 16.3FGA/ 25.9USG)

If the reason alone to trade OG to give more possessions for Scottie is the dumbest and shortsighted rationale move.

hell no to RJ Barrett.

he can play for NN though to represent Canada so that’s a Yes

Comment

Every coach gets dealt a bad hand... in some form or another. That's when you find out how good the coach actually is.

Butler & Herro have missed a big chunk of games. As have Vincent, Lowry and Dipo... which may actually be a good thing, considering how crap they've played? Duncan Robinson has turned back into the undrafted pumpkin with possibly the worst contract in the NBA. Strus looks like he's on that path too.

If Caleb Martin, Max Strus and washed Kyle Lowry are 3 of your team's top 5 leaders in minutes played.... you should be a lottery team. Imagine if that was the Raptors situation? Fans would be calling for Masai & Bobby's heads. Spo has been dealt a way worse hand than Nurse... and done a better job of it. There's no denying it.
                          Spo is a very good coach. No one is arguing against that.

Comment

Every coach gets dealt a bad hand... in some form or another. That's when you find out how good the coach actually is.

Butler & Herro have missed a big chunk of games. As have Vincent, Lowry and Dipo... which may actually be a good thing, considering how crap they've played? Duncan Robinson has turned back into the undrafted pumpkin with possibly the worst contract in the NBA. Strus looks like he's on that path too.

If Caleb Martin, Max Strus and washed Kyle Lowry are 3 of your team's top 5 leaders in minutes played.... you should be a lottery team. Imagine if that was the Raptors situation? Fans would be calling for Masai & Bobby's heads. Spo has been dealt a way worse hand than Nurse... and done a better job of it. There's no denying it.
                            I'm comfortable saying Spo is a better coach than Nick.

People would agree Pop is as well given his resume, how are the Spurs doing?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Spo is a very good coach. No one is arguing against that.
                              So I guess we all agree that Nurse is a few tiers below Spo…. arguably below Lue, Vogel, Bud and Kerr.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Grange has a new article up:

Absolute no brainer to keep Gary if we can sign him for $20M per year. Get as many years as you can at that price.

The only reason I've been pro trading Gary is because I assumed he wants Herro money.

We know for a fact Fred wants Herro money as a floor and likely more than that, so I'm very pro trading Fred.

Comment

Working...
                                X