Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

So I guess we all agree that Nurse is a few tiers below Spo…. arguably below Lue, Vogel and Bud.
    No, that's just you.

This is kind of a dumb convo to be having in the trade deadline thread anyways.

Let's focus on improving the roster, then if Nurse underperforms we can focus on hiring someone else.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      This is my tenforthewin Trade Machine musing of the day....

That is insane.
      How can Masai allow this fleecing?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

That is insane.
        How can Masai allow this fleecing?
        Kk. I think I messed that up. Give the Raptors Cam J and send the Pacers Dario Saric.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          I don’t understand Why the fucking fascination of RJ Barrett for an OG trade? Is it just because he is Canadian?

Barrett is a kind of player who would also require enough touches as well to be productive
          (he is averaging 16.3FGA/ 25.9USG)

If the reason alone to trade OG to give more possessions for Scottie is the dumbest and shortsighted rationale move.

hell no to RJ Barrett.

he can play for NN though to represent Canada so that’s a Yes
          While I am not agruing for it, I can see a fit.

RJ can play the 2 and the 3 spot. He's a much more fluid ball handler and offense initiator than OG. If Scottie and Pascal are your two forwards, RJ fits as a guard. This also allows a move of Trent Jr. for added roster depth/flexability. He might fetch a big or a combo guard for the bench.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• i agree with claw, that lineup has terrible spacing

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

RJ can play the 2 and the 3 spot. He's a much more fluid ball handler and offense initiator than OG. If Scottie and Pascal are your two forwards, RJ fits as a guard. This also allows a move of Trent Jr. for added roster depth/flexability. He might fetch a big or a combo guard for the bench.
              You think RJ/Scottie/Pascal fit well as a 2-3-4??

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

I don’t disagree what RJ Barrett can offer to any team in the NBA.

Do you think though that a core of VanVleet/ RJ Barrett/ Pascal/ Scottie and Precious and losing OG and Trent would reverse our fortune?

Adding another cook to stir the pot would not.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

You think RJ/Scottie/Pascal fit well as a 2-3-4??

Comment

• On the season RJ is not shooting great from 3, but look at his last two months. He's shooting just under 40% from 3.. The same number he shot for the season in year 2. Again, not say it is ideal, but if guys are being traded someone has to come back. This is a 22 year old gym rat who keep improving.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• RJ for OG..that's interesting..
                      RJ signed long term, u have him locked, younger, already 20 pt scorer, younger, timeline with Scottie, plus his from here..Damn..I love OG, but if Knicks give us RJ, with the raptors he might get better.
                      I don't know..that's kind of good for both teams, but OG scares me, his got that Kawli thing, late kinda bloomer thing..not saying his Kawli, but his the kind of player we might regret trading, I just have this feeling..
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• I like OG a lot, but his movement are so chunky and anything but fluid that I think we are seeing his ceiling with the biggest potential growth in efficiency. He’s just too mechanical.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I don’t disagree what RJ Barrett can offer to any team in the NBA.

Do you think though that a core of VanVleet/ RJ Barrett/ Pascal/ Scottie and Precious and losing OG and Trent would reverse our fortune?

Adding another cook to stir the pot would not.
                          I like RJ more than most. I think he's had a rough time in NY being asked to do a lot on both ends under heavy minutes with not a lot of help until this season but Raps already have too many cooks in the kitchen. Need some role players who don't expect to be stars to fill in the gaps around Siakam and Barnes.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            RJ for OG..that's interesting..
                            RJ signed long term, u have him locked, younger, already 20 pt scorer, younger, timeline with Scottie, plus his from here..Damn..I love OG, but if Knicks give us RJ, with the raptors he might get better.
                            I don't know..that's kind of good for both teams, but OG scares me, his got that Kawli thing, late kinda bloomer thing..not saying his Kawli, but his the kind of player we might regret trading, I just have this feeling..
                            Is calling hm Kawli on purpose?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I like RJ more than most. I think he's had a rough time in NY being asked to do a lot on both ends under heavy minutes with not a lot of help until this season but Raps already have too many cooks in the kitchen. Need some role players who don't expect to be stars to fill in the gaps around Siakam and Barnes.

Comment

• I like Bones.
                                Scottie and the young dudes will have a blast playing with him.
                                The return from us would likely result in Jokic grabbing his first trophy.
                                Minny can't outmatch us, i think. If we are that serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X