No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn’t the Jazz a team that could give us the type of return the Kings gave us back then for Rudy Gay?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

An arms race out west is perfect for Toronto. It's why they need to wait it out as long they can. Maybe some other teams decide they don't want Memphis or NOP to have OG.
      A bidding war is the perfect way to go. OG can be slotted to pretty much any team and elevate them.

Turns out he is a hot commodity.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
        Isn’t the Jazz a team that could give us the type of return the Kings gave us back then for Rudy Gay?
        Jazz are in a sticky predicament….should they go for the play-in and be a playoff fodder or should they deal Markannen out before the deadline to fight for the no.1 draft spot and increased their chances to get a possible franchise player in Wemby or Scoot?

to me Markannen is the piece that currently place them in that fork in the road spot kind of decision.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
          Isn’t the Jazz a team that could give us the type of return the Kings gave us back then for Rudy Gay?
          Conceivably - but keep in mind that the Jazz aren't necessarily trying to compete this year, their record is probably the best 'surprise' this year, but I don't think they're under any delusions that they are favoured to win the West this year, so giving up future assets, especially for potential future rentals (such as Gary and Fred) seem less likely

Also, recall Ainge's behaviour in Boston when he had all those draft picks stockpiled - fans/media were constantly use them to upgrade the roster, and he didn't - perhaps he'll hold true to the same form in Utah.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Jazz are in a sticky predicament….should they go for the play-in and be a playoff fodder or should they deal Markannen out before the deadline to fight for the no.1 draft spot and increased their chances to get a possible franchise player in Wemby or Scoot?

to me Markannen is the piece that currently place them in that fork in the road spot kind of decision.
            They've probably left the 'tank for Wemby' decision too long - they're currently 27and 26. Detroit, Houston, San Antonio, and Charlotte probably don't win 27 games the entire season, so even if Utah loses all their remaining games, you end up at (best) 5th (which gives the team a 10.5% chance at #1 overall)

Comment

• https://www.tsn.ca/nba/lewenberg-cha...ming-1.1914323

Toronto was close to acquiring Deandre Ayton from Phoenix in a sign and trade last summer, according to a source. Perhaps there’s a deal to be made with the Suns, who are said to be one of Anunoby’s many suitors
              if that was true….Masai and Bobby could revisit such discussion and I would consider this one….

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
              Whoa from Shams Athletic Article today:

if they can expand this to a bigger trade, I am all for it

VanVleet/ OG/ Birch/ Thad/ 2023 SRP/ 2024 FRP

for

Ayton/ Crowder/ Cam Johnson/ 2023 and 2025 FRP

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I've learned that Hyland is a serious chucker. And is a defensive sieve. A big reason why the Nuggets want to move him.
                I've learned that "defensive sieves" can actually turn out to be winning players in the right situation (e.g. Markkanen, Booker, Mitchell,...). I've also learned that hoarding defensive-minded players, doesn't necessarily guarantee you a top 5 defense.

Comment

• I can’t imagine they actually want Ayton, if they did it would have happened. Were probably doing their due diligence and kicking the tires on it. It also probably included our pick going there way which is a big no no now.

Comment

• Not Ayton pls.
                    Myles Turner is the guy.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I've learned that "defensive sieves" can actually turn out to be winning players in the right situation (e.g. Markkanen, Booker, Mitchell,...). I've also learned that hoarding defensive-minded players, doesn't necessarily guarantee you a top 5 defense.
                      I think it's dependent on the number of poor defensive players and the position they play. Fred has regressed so far on defense that the Raps are struggling to hide him and GTJ with no rim protector. Totally agree that 4-5 defense first players doesn't equal a great defensive team. As we've seen, it causes more issues on the offensive side.

Comment

• I think the signs are all leading to Phoenix…could be an earth shattering move by both franchises.

Comment

• If they trade OG it better be a fire sale... Trent and FVV better be on the move too. If Fred wants a contract in the 30-35M range or higher he's gotta be moved. That kind of contract hamstrings a team, you can't overpay for his level of talent.

I agree with Claw, any OG trade better should have a similar haul as Gobert.

FVV = 2 firsts, or a first and a high second
                          Gary = 100% a 20-30 first.
                          OG = HAUL

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post

I think it's dependent on the number of poor defensive players and the position they play. Fred has regressed so far on defense that the Raps are struggling to hide him and GTJ with no rim protector. Totally agree that 4-5 defense first players doesn't equal a great defensive team. As we've seen, it causes more issues on the offensive side.
                            My point is that I think Raptors fans... or maybe it's just an RR thing, immediately poo-poo an offensively skilled trade candidate because of defense. It's like an immediate reflex action. Maybe some people are still shook by the Lou Williams season, who Casey blamed for everything. I mean, sure.... every team wants game-tested 2-way players. Duh.

But the traditional basketball wisdom was that a good coach could teach an offensively skilled player how to play defense, but you couldn't teach God-given offensive talent to a raw defensive talent. That's what the Raptors have been trying to do. Nick Nurse shooting school..... FTL!

Comment

• I would be happy with Ayton if it was centred around FVV and Gary.... Athlough where the hell is our shooting coming from. Maybe we get lucky in the draft and free agency.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I think the signs are all leading to Phoenix…could be an earth shattering move by both franchises.
                                Yep. All my trades center around OG and Fred as the most likely candidates.

Fred... because they don't want to pay him $130M. OG.... because his trade value is sky-high and it's probably true that he doesn't want to be here long term.

Comment

Working...
                                X